ADVERTISEMENT

Stats and Stuff (UNC game)

Nov 23, 2016
...well well well we all knew the zerbras wouldn't call it our way in Derm, and they didnt disappoint. But when you go into knowing its 5 on 8, ya gotta play on....jes sayin'!

stats
- Grayson Allen abused us as always having scored 23, 29, 25 on us in 3 straight games. We knew he'd chuck 3s and he knocked down 7/12 3 FGs. But 4 of those were wide open. Saint Dean Smith always believed in filling the lanes and leaving the lower % shot open so Roy let Duke drive and kick out. Grayson Allen was therefore 3/12 from 3.

- Hope Kevin Knox wasn't watching superstar freshman Jayson Tatum abuse us for 19 points in the 2nd half. But he had 0 points in the 1st half, so if you average the two periods, he really only scored 9.5 points tonight.

- How about Big Luke Maye with 8 points. But, if you add in the 2 blocks on Maye by Tatum and Bolden Luke really had 12 points.

stuff
- This is where i just type nonsense for paragraphs at a time trying to make myself sound smart. Im just typing nonsense here.

- I was texting my AAU coaching mafia buddies during the game and we all thought if UNC could score more points than Duke tonight then UNC would win. We thought if UNC could score 85 and Duke only score 84 then UNC could win.

- Saw Carter sittin' behind the Duke bench. Everyone down here in the south knows Carter aint buyin' what Capel is sellin'. Roy still in this one....jes' sayin'.

Anyway, I need to get back to texting my coaching mafia buddies.

Once again, Bravo! Will never ever get tired of this.

But one question, what happened to Joel Berry down the stretch? Not a lot of free throws went his way.

A source from inside the locker room said that Roy wasn't happy with the final score of last night's game. He stressed that unc needs to do a better job at either scoring more points or holding their opponent to fewer. I expect them to come out focused next game.

Reactions: dbav
Oh my. I generally keep my nose out of this stuff, but this is hysterical.

Alan

Gary do you still think Carter is going to announce for UNC SOON? If so what's the hold up? And Intel would be appreciated
I'm curious as well; I don' trust these recruiting websites because of the fake news epidemic but Gary is spot on!

Let's not forget the Isiah Hicks factor. Roy was just holding him out to keep him fresh for the rematch In Da Heel!
Roy chose to concede this game to the dookies in derm by holding him out.

That's Roy being Roy always out smartin' Kay!!!

Reactions: Dukesince90
Good Stats and Stuff, Gary. This always help me frame the game. I heard that Roy was offered more points, but he turned it down.

Reactions: dukiejay
...well well well we all knew the zerbras wouldn't call it our way in Derm, and they didnt disappoint. But when you go into knowing its 5 on 8, ya gotta play on....jes sayin'!

stats
- Grayson Allen abused us as always having scored 23, 29, 25 on us in 3 straight games. We knew he'd chuck 3s and he knocked down 7/12 3 FGs. But 4 of those were wide open. Saint Dean Smith always believed in filling the lanes and leaving the lower % shot open so Roy let Duke drive and kick out. Grayson Allen was therefore 3/12 from 3.

- Hope Kevin Knox wasn't watching superstar freshman Jayson Tatum abuse us for 19 points in the 2nd half. But he had 0 points in the 1st half, so if you average the two periods, he really only scored 9.5 points tonight.

- How about Big Luke Maye with 8 points. But, if you add in the 2 blocks on Maye by Tatum and Bolden Luke really had 12 points.

stuff
- This is where i just type nonsense for paragraphs at a time trying to make myself sound smart. Im just typing nonsense here.

- I was texting my AAU coaching mafia buddies during the game and we all thought if UNC could score more points than Duke tonight then UNC would win. We thought if UNC could score 85 and Duke only score 84 then UNC could win.

- Saw Carter sittin' behind the Duke bench. Everyone down here in the south knows Carter aint buyin' what Capel is sellin'. Roy still in this one....jes' sayin'.

Great stuff triple 7. OFC

Gary, did ol'Roy tell you that this was a planned loss? Figured the only way UNC would Lose to Duke would be if Roy wanted to use it as a teaching experience.

I think it's a great win but we had to shoot just about 50% from three and F Jackson did not miss a shot very difficult to replicate we need more production in the paint.

Gary-777, so what do your deeper analytical formulas have to say about the final score?? Yes, everything you said is true but I don't see a real response to the only stat that matter?

I think it's a great win but we had to shoot just about 50% from three and F Jackson did not miss a shot very difficult to replicate we need more production in the paint.
While this is true. I do not recall Duke taking one single contested 3, not one. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, if so, someone tell me.

With that being said, I feel Duke will shoot that percentage every time if you give them 27 3's without a single defender within 5 feet. Basically is was like NBA All-Star 3-Point Contest, and Grayson won.

Reactions: dukiejay

stats

stuff

Gary-777 I have no idea who you are but you are a pretty funny guy. Good job.

Reactions: skysdad
Gary-777 I have no idea who you are but you are a pretty funny guy. Good job.

I'm Gary - I'm the smartest UNC fan you'll ever encounter, I have an insider in the program who gives me some "nuggets" and "tidbits" of intel on the team, I re-watch every UNC game to track the real stats, I'm part of the south's AAU coaching mafia so I know more about 'cruitin than anyone, and don't waste your time disagreeing with me because I'm always right.

Nope, we all know you are one of us but does anyone know who you are?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT