ADVERTISEMENT

Stats and stuff (Indiana Game)

Nov 23, 2016
I had a hunch going into the game that since IU was celebrating the '81 championship there's no way the refs would let UNC win this game. As we all know, if the game ain't in The Hill, our boys are playing 8 v 5.

Talking to some of my AAU coaching buddies in Indiana I also got this nugget: the IU administration was going to everything possible to ensure an IU win. You don't have to believe me, but it's true. Jes' sayin'.

After the game, one of my AAU coaching buddies went to the floor and measured the rims. Wouldn't you know, IU adjusted the rims to 10'8" on both ends. Remember how I was telling you all preseason how Luke Maye was going to be a big-time stretch-4? Well, last night he was 0-2 with a bricked layup and an air balled 3 point shot. BUT, that was because he's used to shooting on 10 foot rims. His actual stats: 2-2 from the floor 'cause he makes those shots on regulation rims.

During the game Coach Roy Williams failed to use a single timeout during the second half. A good source on the team tells me that was intentional. Roy is letting his boys learn to play through adversity. Roy knows he could have called timeouts and drawn up some plays, but he was ok with losing to IU. This loss is better than a win and our boys will be better for it in the big dance. Jes sayin'.

Also you may have falsely heard that Roy took a shot at our own fanbase for not having an atmosphere like IU except when we play fricken Duke. Well my buddy who was at the press conference said Roy did not say that. As you know, Roy is just like DES and would never take a cheap shot at our own fans.

Joel Berry didn't shoot well or play well. But a buddy of mine checked the air pressure in the game ball after the game. IU overinflated the balls! The refs overlooked this. I'm not saying they were paid to overlook this, I'm jes sayin'. Joel Berry's actual stats if they were playing with a regulation ball: 21-21 from 3, 10-10 from FT for 73 points.

Stay tuned for the next edition of Stats and Stuff.

Hahaha....good stuff.

Obviously some major embellishments for humor's sake, but some of the stuff you said isn't that "out" there for Gary to say. Keep it up....I enjoy Stats and Stuff.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I had a hunch going into the game that since IU was celebrating the '81 championship there's no way the refs would let UNC win this game. As we all know, if the game ain't in The Hill, our boys are playing 8 v 5.

Talking to some of my AAU coaching buddies in Indiana I also got this nugget: the IU administration was going to everything possible to ensure an IU win. You don't have to believe me, but it's true. Jes' sayin'.

After the game, one of my AAU coaching buddies went to the floor and measured the rims. Wouldn't you know, IU adjusted the rims to 10'8" on both ends. Remember how I was telling you all preseason how Luke Maye was going to be a big-time stretch-4? Well, last night he was 0-2 with a bricked layup and an air balled 3 point shot. BUT, that was because he's used to shooting on 10 foot rims. His actual stats: 2-2 from the floor 'cause he makes those shots on regulation rims.

During the game Coach Roy Williams failed to use a single timeout during the second half. A good source on the team tells me that was intentional. Roy is letting his boys learn to play through adversity. Roy knows he could have called timeouts and drawn up some plays, but he was ok with losing to IU. This loss is better than a win and our boys will be better for it in the big dance. Jes sayin'.

Also you may have falsely heard that Roy took a shot at our own fanbase for not having an atmosphere like IU except when we play fricken Duke. Well my buddy who was at the press conference said Roy did not say that. As you know, Roy is just like DES and would never take a cheap shot at our own fans.

Joel Berry didn't shoot well or play well. But a buddy of mine checked the air pressure in the game ball after the game. IU overinflated the balls! The refs overlooked this. I'm not saying they were paid to overlook this, I'm jes sayin'. Joel Berry's actual stats if they were playing with a regulation ball: 21-21 from 3, 10-10 from FT for 73 points.

Awesome post. Dead on. OFC

I wonder if this could some how be sneaked in over at thr how many would think it was really guru gary-7. OFC

The adventures of a lifetime...now showing. Mods, if this is one too many "Gary" threads, then please delete.

Dr%20Mo%20Gary%20007.jpg

From%20Tar%20Heel%20Radar%20With%20Love%20Gary%20007%202.jpg

Gary will be back in more daring Double Naught adventures...if the audience supports it.

OFC

Last edited:
The adventures of a lifetime...now showing. Mods, if this is one too many "Gary" threads, then please delete.

Dr%20Mo%20Gary%20007.jpg

From%20Tar%20Heel%20Radar%20With%20Love%20Gary%20007.jpg

Gary will be back in more daring Double Naught adventures...if the audience supports it.

OFC

LOL. That's amazing. I was just thinking the other day it would be cool if someone came up with a gary-007 using Larry as the avator. Hilarious dirt. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
LOL. That's amazing. I was just thinking the other day it would be cool if someone came up with a gary-007 using Larry as the avator. Hilarious dirt. OFC

Sky, Gary-777 gave me the idea with his takeoff on Gary-7.

OFC

And I changed the 'From Tar Hill Radar' to 'From Tar Heel Radar'...don't know how I had that slipup, but don't want the folks at THR to be pizzed at me.:cool:

And, Dukephysics, you've got a good point!
OFC

Reactions: skysdad
I must really be getting old. When I first read this I thought it was a real quote. Or is it so close to the real thing that I was right to be fooled?

Reactions: KellenPatrick
We've already added two great mods this year, but gosh how soon can we get this guy the job cause he's got'em both beat! We need more guys like this who "know their stuff"!

Reactions: pisgah101
guru gary's next stat. Blown charges. That's where a unc players flies back without being touched. It should be called blown flops. :)OFC

Lmao he does that " actual stats " claim constantly

I wonder how guru gary-7 would S&S Luke's game tonight. OFC.

According to Guru Gary, Luke would of been the second man in history to score 100 pts in a game if selfish K hadn't of taken him out early.

Reactions: skysdad
According to Guru Gary, Luke would of been the second man in history to score 100 pts in a game if selfish K hadn't of taken him out early.

But if K would of left him in, they would claim, K is evil and just trying to get stats. That K doesn't care about developing his bench. K was just trying to run up the score on Maine because he is an ahole..............

Gary serves and important purpose for Duke fans and all others. When he posts recruiting info, we know the opposite is true, so it's like getting inside info on opposite day.

Gary serves and important purpose for Duke fans and all others. When he posts recruiting info, we know the opposite is true, so it's like getting inside info on opposite day.

He's been right before. Am I wrong in saying that he said big luke maye was an unc lock.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT