ADVERTISEMENT

Sporting News; Jahlil named first-team All-American, Quinn on second-team

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
Congrats to the both of them. Very well deserved.

Sporting News All-America Team
First Team
Frank Kaminsky Wisconsin
Jahlil Okafor Duke
D'Angelo Russell Ohio State
Willie Cauley-Stein Kentucky
Delon Wright Utah

Second Team
Melo Trimble Maryland
Seth Tuttle Northern Iowa
Quinn Cook Duke
Darrun Hilliard Villanova
Jerian Grant Notre Dame

Third Team
Karl Anthony Towns Kentucky
Bobby Portis Arkansas
Kevin Pangos Gonzaga
Rakeem Christmas Syracuse
Joe Young Oregon

Jah & Quinn

You mean they didn't opt for Olivier Hanlan over Quinn? Go figure.

Just kidding of course. Great for Quinn and well deserved.

Because I don't have much of an awareness of basketball beyond the ACC, is Wright a small surprise on that team? Just curious.

I think Willie Cauley-Stein is more of a surprise IMO. I know he has a great defensive presence but hes averaging 8 pts and 6 rebounds a game. With that said Im not sure either Wright or Cauley-Stein are worthy of 1st team.

I've watched Wright a few times this year....very good player. I think Utah being in the PAC-10 or whatever it's called now has helped make him a more household name.

As for WCS, he's probably the best big-man defender in the country. That's the main reason he's on there.

I also didn't realize Pangos was more valuable than Wiltjer for the Zags. Granted, I've only watched 40 minutes of Gonzaga basketball all year....

Yes, Cauley-Stein being first team is ridiculous. Karl Anthony Towns has even been better imo, but UK really shouldn't have a player on the first team, they all avg from 7-12 ppg.

Okafor was pretty much expected (congrats), but this is "fantastic" for Quinn! It's about time he really received his due, and I am so proud and happy for him. What an honor for such a great young man!! Good for you Quinn!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Originally posted by dukiejay:
I've watched Wright a few times this year....very good player. I think Utah being in the PAC-10 or whatever it's called now has helped make him a more household name.

As for WCS, he's probably the best big-man defender in the country. That's the main reason he's on there.
I have no problem with WCS being on the list, but not first team. He has not been one of the top 5 performers in college basketball this year.

pretty big snub for Montrezl Harrell. He has been the pulse of that team and he has solid numbers to further justify his case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT