ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Tre is gone

For some reason of all our early entry's I think it's Tre I want to see make ot and be a succesful NBA player for a long time to come. It's pretty much in agreement if he had came out last year he probably would not have been drafted and ended up signing as a free agent and playing in the G leauge. He came back his soph year because for one he took the advice of a few people he knew they advised in his best interest and teo he wanted another shot at a natty. His game improved in so many ways. No he will never get a natty ring. It is possible depending on how the draft goes he may not go in the 1st round but no matter what whoever gets him is gonna get a player. He will work his tail off like his brother and other Duke players like his brother, JJ, .Quinn Cook and Seth Cury who certain experts said would never make it. Thank you for your time at Duke Tre. Looking forward to see how you are doing next year in Q's NBA thread. OFC

A friend posted about this on Facebook. He hasn’t officially announced yet but it seems like Coach K is expecting it to happen.

Reactions: skysdad
At least we got to see his signature play in college. Others come to mind: Laettner’s shot, Redick’s flurry, Battier’s block, Scheyer’s save, Zoubek’s body block on Butler, Grayson’s hustle dive, J-Will’s miracle minute, Hendo’s slam stomp, and Duhon’s coast to coast. Oh yeah, Marshall’s 3-ball.

At least we got to see his signature play in college. Others come to mind: Laettner’s shot, Redick’s flurry, Battier’s block, Scheyer’s save, Zoubek’s body block on Butler, Grayson’s hustle dive, J-Will’s miracle minute, Hendo’s slam stomp, and Duhon’s coast to coast. Oh yeah, Marshall’s 3-ball.
And Grant Hills dunk vs Kansas

Reactions: DukeDenver
I think we lose Tre and Carey to the NBA. I believe Hurt is gone, whether it’s NBA or transfer, Alex I think is 50/50. Who knows.
Anyway, I’ve alresdy read over RR that next year will be one of the weakest teams K has had in years, and that they are going to be really really strong in ‘backer ‘bitin nation.
So I guess not much to look forward to next year huh? I’m sure it’s all true because they are the most knowledgeable fans in all of sports......just ask them. As for me, I’m gonna watch and see how it all plays out!!!

Reactions: hpnole
There is a two page and going thread about this on RR. For an average PG that doesnt strike fear in his opponents. Tres departure sure seems to be celebrated amongst the masses.

On topic, I am happy for Tre. Came back and worked on his game and has a shot at a top 20 pick. Wish he could of went out a champion but life happens. Wish him the best if and when he does leave.

Roach is going to be a good PG next year. I see alot of freshmen Tre Jones, in his current game. Hopefully he can develop a consistent jumper and adjust quickly to the speed and physicality of D1 ball. As of right now he could be logging alot of minutes next year.

Thank you for mentioning Marshall. OFC

You know what i just thought about? Watching the ACCT final from last year on ESPNU. Rumor is Zion wanted to come back and everyone else said if that happened they would come back too. Imagine this stuff happening this year and the tourney was canceled with this team.

You know what i just thought about? Watching the ACCT final from last year on ESPNU. Rumor is Zion wanted to come back and everyone else said if that happened they would come back too. Imagine this stuff happening this year and the tourney was canceled with this team.
If that would’ve turned out to be true and it would’ve happened and after 4 decided to return then the tournaments got cancelled that would’ve been brutal and heartbreaking for them.

Brutal for them? THEM?? that would be brutal for ME!!!!
Yeah I know what you mean because it would’ve sucked for me too but it would’ve been a lot worse on them knowing that they all decided to come back for another chance to win an NCAA Championship only for the season to get cancelled with no tournaments.

31-0. COULD YOU IMAGINE????

Reactions: timo0402
ESPN's latest mock has

29. LAL - Vernon Carey
30. BOS - Tre Jones

49. OKC - Cassius Stanley

Only first rounders get guaranteed contracts. The others have to make the team to get that. They often do but sometimes not.

Can't remember the last time Duke did not have a lottery pick since we started going all in on one-and-dones.

I would love for Carey and Jones to go to the Lakers and Celtics, though. Perfect fit for both.

Austin Rivers shot

Stanley comes back and works his way into being a lottery pick. Yep, I like how that story would play out.

Reactions: bfort2223
Phil Hendersons dunk over Mourming.
Laetnets buzzer beater against UConn in the Regional Final.

Sucks man. I’m gonna miss him. True duke guy and I hope all the best for him

Reactions: Mpm277
Thank you Tre been awesome getting to watch you play for Duke the last 2 seasons. Always a fan of yours

Tre is just one of those kids it's impossible to not like. Him and Tyus both, actually.

Knew it was coming....but it’s still sad. Really going to miss that kid and hate it for him that he didn’t get the opportunity to go for another title.

Reactions: bfort2223
Sad to see him go, but really happy for him that he was able to leave his mark on the program by coming back for his second season. He received accolades for his contributions on both ends of the court and we’ll be replaying his highlights against UNC for years to come. He has a long career ahead of him at the next level so I look forward to continue watching his career progress!

Just like his Brother, he won his last college game he played!!! Little different scenario but I will take it under the circumstance. Best of luck to the Stones Jones brothers. He will be missed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT