02/16 at Wake
02/20 UVA
02/22 Syracuse
02/27 Louisville
03/02 at GT
03/06 at UNC

TOUGH SCHEDULE
Play twice: ND, Louisville, Wake, GT, UNC

We go to VT for the 6th year in a row?? Makes no sense.
UVA only at Cameron is nice.

Last edited:
Just about two weeks away from going live! Plenty of tough games in the ACC and I'm sure there will be some curveballs thrown in with games getting moved around.

It's been announced no fans in Cameron to begin the season. Would be nice to have fans in Jan/Feb for the big ACC games but who knows.

What could suck is we go to FSU and Miami. Could we be playing in sold out arenas in Florida on the road but our home games are empty??? Not very cool.

I hate watching any Duke team play in Blacksburg. Rarely is it good for my blood pressure.

Yep. I thought I was a Buzz Williams fan until the 2018 S16 game when VT was trash talking the entire game. I was so happy they missed that (easy) ally-oop in the end that could have won it. Glad to see Buzz move on, and even still, I don't like playing in Blacksburg!

I say we finish 19-8 or 20-7. Lotta road games, no true star, I think we're in for a bumpy ride.
10 road games and 0 neutral site games.
Last year we had 11 road games and 3 tough neutral site games (Kansas, Cal, GTown). I think K made our non-conference schedule soft because he knows how tough the conference games will be.
I agree on the no true star, though I think Johnson is a sleeping giant, I got us 16-4 winning the ACC because we beat UVA at home. Undefeated in the non-conference.

10 road games and 0 neutral site games.
Last year we had 11 road games and 3 tough neutral site games (Kansas, Cal, GTown). I think K made our non-conference schedule soft because he knows how tough the conference games will be.
I agree on the no true star, though I think Johnson is a sleeping giant, I got us 16-4 winning the ACC because we beat UVA at home. Undefeated in the non-conference.
I say we lose to Illinois and go 14-6 in conference. I think we'll be gaining steam as the year progresses but I think it's gonna take longer into conference season to gel because, though four games isn't a huge part of the schedule it's four non cons that could help build confidence and cohesion before getting into the mess that the ACC always is.

Reactions: christophero
Am I seeing this correctly that they have a 2 week break with a game on Saturday, January 9th and then the next game on Saturday, January 23rd? Is this a built in break to have openings for possible rescheduled games due to COVID cancellations? Or is there another reason for this break? That's going to be a long 2 weeks for me as a fan if they don't have any games during that stretch!

Am I seeing this correctly that they have a 2 week break with a game on Saturday, January 9th and then the next game on Saturday, January 23rd? Is this a built in break to have openings for possible rescheduled games due to COVID cancellations? Or is there another reason for this break? That's going to be a long 2 weeks for me as a fan if they don't have any games during that stretch!
Jan 12/13 at VT and Jan 19/20 at Pitt. Assuming these 2 day dates are to maintain flexibility? Seems odd to have dates on back to back days.

I have no idea what to expect. I’ll just be happy to have games, wish they had fans though. I feel like it will seem like a scrimmage most nights.

Reactions: skysdad
Missing the fans and crazies is gonna suck for sure but we may get to hear some communication going on between the players and coaches and players takling to teamates on the court. OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
I say we lose to Illinois and go 14-6 in conference. I think we'll be gaining steam as the year progresses but I think it's gonna take longer into conference season to gel because, though four games isn't a huge part of the schedule it's four non cons that could help build confidence and cohesion before getting into the mess that the ACC always is.
Illinois will be a fun one. We are 19-2 overall in the Challenge, by far the best overall, 13-1 when both teams are ranked, and have never lost at home. Though this year will be different without fans. I still think we win, I think shooting at home will be easier without fans, since we practice there all the time without fans.

Missing the fans and crazies is gonna suck for sure but we may get to hear some communication going on between the players and coaches and players takling to teamates on the court. OFC

hopefully great cameron crazies sound being pumped in

Reactions: skysdad
Maybe the announcers will get a better seat than the crow's nest. OFC

Reactions: jwill133
Duke Illinois will be at 9:30 EST on ESPN Dec 8th...if it happens.

Also, the ACC tournament has been moved from DC to Greensboro this year....if it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT