ADVERTISEMENT

Roy desperately pulling strings.....

hart2chesson

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2012
I know there has been some discussion about it on the board, and ol Roy is up to something(whats new). Cameron Johnson is a better than adequate player transfer from Pitt looking at UNC.

Apparently you can transfer within the conference now, but you must sit out a year.Well our buddy Roy is trying to go beyond that......

https://www.google.com/amp/www.asea...carolina-basketball-list-alteration-acc-block

OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I think if Rawle Alkins doesn't come back he's going to Arizona. If he does come back UNC or Oregon get him.

From what I've been reading on other boards, I believe thst Pitt added that stipulation when he announced that he was transferring.

From what I've been reading on other boards, I believe thst Pitt added that stipulation when he announced that he was transferring.

I hope they do NOT give in and allow him to be eligible in the conference THIS SEASON.Roy after a quick fix to fill the 3 vacated by Jackson! OFC

I can just hear this conversation now. hof coach roy williams talking to Pitts coach. "Look Kevin if you will allow Cameron to be eligible right away I will never play him against you guys. I'll figure out something to keep him out of the lineup. I got to have everything possible to beat dook. Mike just grinds my rear end. Just can't beat him like I do everyone else. I'll tell you what. If Cameron comes to unc and he will if I tell him he can I will give you wanda's recipe for " nanner puddin." You got any idea how much that thing is worth. How to you think nI got kennedy meeks to stay 4 years when he could have been a OAD. Now are you with me on this. I can make it good for Pitt. or make it a little irritating. You know I close I am with swofford don't you. Remember Clemson. Now what's it going to be. OFC

I can just hear this conversation now. hof coach roy williams talking to Pitts coach. "Look Kevin if you will allow Cameron to be eligible right away I will never play him against you guys. I'll figure out something to keep him out of the lineup. I got to have everything possible to beat dook. Mike just grinds my rear end. Just can't beat him like I do everyone else. I'll tell you what. If Cameron comes to unc and he will if I tell him he can I will give you wanda's recipe for " nanner puddin." You got any idea how much that thing is worth. How to you think nI got kennedy meeks to stay 4 years when he could have been a OAD. Now are you with me on this. I can make it good for Pitt. or make it a little irritating. You know I close I am with swofford don't you. Remember Clemson. Now what's it going to be. OFC

A Classic Sky!!!! OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Ol Roy thought he had it figured out with Knox at the 3 in place of Jackson, but alas it didnt work out. Now hes trying for the unprecedented: a transfer within conference w/no waiting period.

Its interesting that the article mentions Ol Huckleberry is talking to the ACC- bet that'll be a struggle with ol Swofford, lol...

OFC

Isn't he a grad transfer?

I don't see the problem if he is with playing in the conference. We might as well call these kids minor league athletes. I thought a scholarship was year to year. It's almost like a restricted free agent move.

Ol Roy thought he had it figured out with Knox at the 3 in place of Jackson, but alas it didnt work out. Now hes trying for the unprecedented: a transfer within conference w/no waiting period.

Its interesting that the article mentions Ol Huckleberry is talking to the ACC- bet that'll be a struggle with ol Swofford, lol...

OFC

I don't know how all of you feel but to me this is vintage hof coach roy williams and the unc trait of arrogance ans entitlement. Who else would even try to pull this off but them. That along with their up in their nose up in the air attitude about their cheating makes it so hard to respect anything that has to do with that place in chapel hill, N.C. OFC

Last edited:

I don't see the problem if he is with playing in the conference. We might as well call these kids minor league athletes. I thought a scholarship was year to year. It's almost like a restricted free agent move.
With a grad transfer, they ought to be able to play anywhere immediately. They graduated. As long as the NCAA is pretending to take the academic part of college sports seriously, they can't punish a guy for graduating. For that matter, I thought Sulaimon should have gotten the second half of his junior year back.

If it was Johnson going to Duke without sitting out a year what would hof coach roy williams take be on that. OFC

I don't know how all of you feel but to me this is vintage hof coach roy williams and the unc trait of arrogance ans entitlement. Who else would even try to pull this off but them. That along with their up in their nose up in the air attitude about teir cheating makes it so hard to respect anything that has to do with that place in chapel hill, N.C. OFC

Its unprecedented to transfer and play THE VERY NEXT SEASON in the same conference and Sky thanks for stating it all so ELOQUENTLY.....

#RoyPloy

Reactions: christophero
He is the eye in the sky. He is the maker of rules dealing with fools.:)

And Christop, dont forget Cam Johnson torched UNC for 24 in January in the nosedome, including 5 treys. Roy working his "old buddy" Pitt coach Kevin Stallings hard to waive the "sit-out" 1 yr rule. Imagine if K were up to the same shenanigans???

OFC

Reactions: christophero
Imagine if it was K.

UNC%20Cheat%20DNA%20Genes.jpg

OFC

If it was Johnson going to Duke without sitting out a year what would hof coach roy williams take be on that. OFC
I wouldn't care. The more stipulations you put on these kids the more you are pretty much saying they are under contract. Would bring up a great point when it comes to paying college athletes. Especially if they honored their scholarship and graduated.
That's like saying," your a restricted free agent and if we can't keep you we will decide where you end up!"

Johnson is going to unc and what will follow will be unc taking it to to court to see that he is eligible for 2017-18. An unc judge will determine since he has graduated and chosen unc as his graduate school he can play for the heels. Just another innovation by entitled university. If we get to know the identity of this wise judge just look for him behind the unc bench of all their home games. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
I wonder if Pitt decides he'll have to sit for a year if he goes to unc if hof coach roy williams will make it tough on Pitt by scoring 130 points a game when they play them. You don't mess with unc. They are nationals champs again. OFC

I wonder if Pitt decides he'll have to sit for a year if he goes to unc if hof coach roy williams will make it tough on Pitt by scoring 130 points a game when they play them. You don't mess with unc. They are nationals champs again. OFC

They are national champs only by delayed sanctions. I really think they wont have a chance to defend their title next season.

However back to Johnson-if hes allowed to transfer IN CONFERENCE w/o sitting out a year that establishes a really bad precedent. You think the COACHES ASSOCIATION of ANY COLLEGIATE SPORT would approve such a loophole? No way, lol!!!

They are national champs only by delayed sanctions. I really think they wont have a chance to defend their title next season.

However back to Johnson-if hes allowed to transfer IN CONFERENCE w/o sitting out a year that establishes a really bad precedent. You think the COACHES ASSOCIATION of ANY COLLEGIATE SPORT would approve such a loophole? No way, lol!!!

That would be just about as bad as unc getting off scott free in the academic scandal but that is highly possible so it's highly possible that we will see Johnson in a tar heel uniform next year and yes if it happens in both situation the game of college athletics will be changed forever. OFC

Maybe I don't understand. The kid graduated did he not? Shouldn't he be able to go wherever he wants?

You must not be familiar with the longstanding written/unwritten rule of etiquette or understanding among major collegiate conferences. Transferring WITHIN CONFERENCE is typically frowned upon, and to play in said conference w/o sitting a year is UNPRECEDENTED....

The ever evil "aw shucks" genius Roy Williams showed ZERO INTEREST in Johnson as a transfer early on. (Roy was counting on Kevin Knox to fill the 3 spot vacated by Jackson).Johnson had a list of schools he was picking from.

Bam, Knox commits to UK and ol Roy is after the kid. He"ll stop at nothing except an outcry from the league to have Johnson in baby blue next year.

OFC

Bilas rally wants to please his boss. All schools do this and no resin they shouldn't. The NCAA is full of great schools players can go to other than in the acc.

Reactions: hart2chesson
He's probably going to U.K. or UA but I still think it's wrong the kid graduated.

I don't care who Roy brings in I'm not ever scared to see them match up against Duke.

Reactions: DukeDenver
He's probably going to U.K. or UA but I still think it's wrong the kid graduated.

I don't care who Roy brings in I'm not ever scared to see them match up against Duke.

I am not scared either - K has a clear advantage over Roy as we do over most programs.We have the GOAT and we are Duke, but Pitt is WELL within its rights here on a policy thats been in place for decades. Heres to Kevin Stallings, "the new kid on the ACC block" (1yr at Pitt under his belt)for not letting Roy intimidate him....OFC

I am not scared either - K has a clear advantage over Roy as we do over most programs.We have the GOAT and we are Duke, but Pitt is WELL within its rights here on a policy thats been in place for decades. Heres to Kevin Stallings, "the new kid on the ACC block" (1yr at Pitt under his belt)for not letting Roy intimidate him....OFC
I doubt he stays at Pitt long. It's up to the school isn't it? Not the head coach ? I don't know just asking and I understand the rule just think that the kid honored his scholarship and graduated so he should be able to go where he wants. Now if it's a simple " transfer" then I agree not with in the conference.

Can coaches finish out the terms of their contract and then take a job with another school in conference without having to set out a year? Can ADs? The answer to both is yes and therefore it should be for student-athletes as well. Unless those coaches and ADs want to pull back on the claims that they aren't exploiting these players.

Reactions: topps coach
I doubt he stays at Pitt long. It's up to the school isn't it? Not the head coach ? I don't know just asking and I understand the rule just think that the kid honored his scholarship and graduated so he should be able to go where he wants. Now if it's a simple " transfer" then I agree not with in the conference.

Its a "grad transfer," so still a transfer. Johnson has had a list of schools ( high majors) who want him including UK. Plus Pitt is being played as the victim because they dont want to have to play the kid two or three times in THEIR OWN CONFERENCE next year? Heck they're being very decent about an IN- CONFERENCE POTENTIAL TRANSFER:allowing him financial aid immediately at UNC and sit out only one year....

OFC

Can coaches finish out the terms of their contract and then take a job with another school in conference without having to set out a year? Can ADs? The answer to both is yes and therefore it should be for student-athletes as well. Unless those coaches and ADs want to pull back on the claims that they aren't exploiting these players.

I want argue that point, but thats simply not the way it is.....If you tried to change it you would have a firestorm of controversy amongst the nations coaches. Besides there are more pressing issues for the NCAA to consider and rule on; The UNC scandal is one for instance....lol OFC

I want argue that point, but thats simply not the way it is.....If you tried to change it you would have a firestorm of controversy amongst the nations coaches. Besides there are more pressing issues for the NCAA to consider and rule on; The UNC scandal is one for instance....lol OFC
What scandal,Debbie Crowders recent testimony proves that there was never any scandal whatsoever at UNC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT