ADVERTISEMENT

RJ's Attitude

I counted 9 high fives, three hugs, two smiles, 3 “Let’s Go’s,” and 4 chest bumps from RJ. His averages are lower than Goldwire. Gotta bring that up.
It was actually only 2 let’s go’s, one was a Come On!, but your point is still valid.

I know there is a lot of fun being had on this topic...but I will admit I’ve watched body language a bit on RJ. Ultimately I think he’s a pretty quiet kid that isn’t going to be naturally expressive in interviews or non-hyped moments.

To me the only concern is the overwhelming media coverage on Zion and how that could potentially impact RJ and Reddish. Any time a player is brought up so high so quickly...there is a tipping point when people start to sour on that player or his teammates when there is any failure.

Ultimately, RJ raises this teams floor because of his desire to score relentlessly. Zion raises this teams potential ceiling because of his Zion-ness.

****OFF! YOU GO****** RE**** , YOU DONT KNOW ME TAKE A FLYING **** AND **** OFF! EFFITY EFFING FILT FLARN FILTH! AND ALL THAT STUFF, SO THERE! :D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: dukehokie
As a leader of our team RJ simply can’t have nights like that. His body language did suck balls that game and that is unacceptable for how a leader should act, your shot isn’t falling? That’s basketball son. Is your team winning (you know the ultimate goal) then celebrate those whose shot IS falling. You wanna sulk, do so behind closed doors and in private - because releasing those negative human emotions is important - but while you are on coach K court inside Cameron Indoor Stadium you lead by example! And the army game was not that example.

As a leader of our team RJ simply can’t have nights like that. His body language did suck balls that game and that is unacceptable for how a leader should act, your shot isn’t falling? That’s basketball son. Is your team winning (you know the ultimate goal) then celebrate those whose shot IS falling. You wanna sulk, do so behind closed doors and in private - because releasing those negative human emotions is important - but while you are on coach K court inside Cameron Indoor Stadium you lead by example! And the army game was not that example.

For every one game he has like that, I’ll take one like he had against Kentucky, where mentally he went somewhere else that not many people can go.

Not sure we can ask anyone to have perfect demeanor every single game. But if he got a chance to learn from that, and we win by 22, I’ll take it. He was absolutely a leader yesterday and I bet today is no different.

Reactions: QC Dukie
We are 4-0, demolishing everyone, and I am so tired of reading about people complain about RJ's demeanor. The guy is a KILLER, didn't lose a single HS game last year, and beat Team USA almost by himself.

RJ is the first guy to chest-bump Zion after Zion makes a big play, he is the ultimate team player. He is wired to score, and guess what....guys wired to score get pissed off when they are having an off night. He also gets hyped when he scores, and that usually leads to him taking the game over.
Would you rather RJ have the attitude that he's being forced to play stupid college ball for a year and show zero emotion???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT