ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Bill Walton

My dad says that too. I only saw him late with the Celtics. He was MVP with the Blazers and won a title with them.

Last edited:
Rip

Anyone else find it ironic he passed the day after the last Pac10-12 conference tournament happened?
You mean like he had nothing else to live for? Possible. Although I don't plan to croak when the ACC goes belly up.
But, hey, you never know. I'm older than Walton.
OFC

Reactions: jeffrey236
In the dictionary, next to “Free Spirit” is his picture. His broadcasts resembled something he might have recorded while at a Dead concert. So even crappy games were worth continuing to watch.

When I was a kid I picked up some old SI mags at a flea market. One of them had the Blazers/Lakers series the year the Blazers won the title. They made a big deal of the fact Walton outplayed Jabbar.

Reactions: hart2chesson
That 1974 game NC State vs UCLA was something. David Thompson had 28 with 10 rebounds. Bill Walton had 29 and 18 I believe. Thompson at 6'4 blocked Walton but Thompson was best athlete around at the time. Walton was a team player

If it weren't for his numerous feet injuries he would have gone down as one of the greatest college AND pro basketball players all time, INHO..

If you doubt me, go back and watch his early years in the NBA, especially when he led the Blazers to the championship,

Reactions: hart2chesson
In the dictionary, next to “Free Spirit” is his picture. His broadcasts resembled something he might have recorded while at a Dead concert. So even crappy games were worth continuing to watch.
I’ve got a bunch of friends headed to see Dead & Company this weekend at the Sphere in Vegas. Hopefully, they lay something down for Bill.

My friend went to a weekend of D & Company at the Sphere. He says it was an unforgettable experience. And he's seen them maybe 200 times.

My wife was there for their opening night, said it was the most incredible show she’s ever seen, and she’s seen them all, including the Dead about a dozen times over the years. It was before Walton’s passing, but i saw some of the video they put up in his honor. Pretty cool.

Reactions: Liftee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT