ADVERTISEMENT

Reddish to Duke

DukeDenver

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2010
Triad, NC
Nice.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/cameron-reddish-college-basketball-decision/amp/

Welcome to Cameron, Cameron.

LTPr5Jb.gif

Last edited:
A great pick up. Our staff is off and running for 2018. OFC

It seems like a big guy would love to join Reddish and Jones. Fingers crossed. Jones, O'Connell, Reddish, Javin and Bolden would be fun. I hope to add some more fun guards to the mix.

Reactions: skysdad
It seems like a big guy would love to join Reddish and Jones. Fingers crossed. Jones, O'Connell, Reddish, Javin and Bolden would be fun. I hope to add some more fun guards to the mix.

I hope Javin and Bolden can see that. Who says you have to be a 1st round draft choice as a freshman to be a really good NBA player. Sometimes you just have to be patient and good things will come instead of bouncing all around to different schools simply because you don't play a great deal as a freshman or soph. Work hard and the rewards shall come. OFC

I like the announcement. A little preamble, giving some insight into his thought process, but nothing unnecessarily drawn-out and dramatic, a low-key reveal.

Great way to end a Friday for me here in Houston. We need some great news. Go Devils.

At the last CTC, dukehokie, gottagonow, Skeelow and QCdukie along with myself had a meal together on campus at the Skillet. Jon Sheyer was at the table beside us with 3 recruits and their families. Tre Jones, Cameron Reddish and Big Zion . 2 outta 3 so far. Can we pull the triple play?

Cameron welcome to Durham! Now w/Cam and Jones in the mix for next year I can't help but look ahead to possibilities. I know we are very involved w/Barrett, but was wondering about the 5 spot. For sake of debate/speculation, lets say Bolden moves on to NBA after a solid year along w/Carter.

Figuring on Javin and Vrank as bigs returning would Antonio be our only natural 5? I still think he can develop, but what about our chances w/David McCormack? Some on premium site say OSU leads, but he's friends w/Javin and I dont think we're out of it. How much is this kid on our radar???
#Devils4LIFE

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
At the last CTC, dukehokie, gottagonow, Skeelow and QCdukie along with myself had a meal together on campus at the Skillet. Jon Sheyer was at the table beside us with 3 recruits and their families. Tre Jones, Cameron Reddish and Big Zion . 2 outta 3 so far. Can we pull the triple play?
I don't see it happening, but I will say, very quietly Jon is becoming one of the top recruiters in college hoops. Families love him and the players connect with him.

I can just imagine the fun I will have here after we spank Kensucky in the Champions classic with the players they wanted!! If the last 40 years history means anything, we have pretty much owned them......and the 5 or 6 coaches they have blown through!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
I would love to have Zion but I believe Kansas or uk will be his final destination. Hope he goes to ku if he doesn't pick Duke!

DD, thanks for the post, really liked the video. What an outstanding 'get' this kid is! Been watching him for awhile, and really felt like he had "Duke" written all over him.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
Love the addition of Cam Reddish. I had said he would commit by the end of August, but I'll take 9/1. You know that Reddish's early commitment to us has Coach Cal pushing the panic button, and instead of talking to Barrett about the positives of him and Zion playing together at UK, he will be negative recruiting the shit out of Duke. Wouldn't be surprised if we worked with Reddish to have him committ on the day that Barrett's OV started at U.K.

Think that we crank up the heat on McCormack and Emmitt Williams, as we really need to land one or both of our two PF/Center targets. Still think we get one of the three wing targets left in RJ/Zion/Little to go along with Reddish, as well as landing Garland.

Cameron welcome to Durham! Now w/Cam and Jones in the mix for next year I can't help but look ahead to possibilities. I know we are very involved w/Barrett, but was wondering about the 5 spot. For sake of debate/speculation, lets say Bolden moves on to NBA after a solid year along w/Carter.

Figuring on Javin and Vrank as bigs returning would Antonio be our only natural 5? I still think he can develop, but what about our chances w/David McCormack? Some on premium site say OSU leads, but he's friends w/Javin and I dont think we're out of it. How much is this kid on our radar???
#Devils4LIFE

OFC
It's hard not to look ahead, even though we haven't started this season yet. I sure hope the staff finds at least 2 bigs for next season. In my opinion, we need a quality big that can step in and help, and one that doesn't mind waiting his turn while developing in practice. You win with a good point and a good force inside.
Things are looking good, but first thing first, Duke has some title hunting to do this season.

Reactions: hart2chesson
It's hard not to look ahead, even though we haven't started this season yet. I sure hope the staff finds at least 2 bigs for next season. In my opinion, we need a quality big that can step in and help, and one that doesn't mind waiting his turn while developing in practice. You win with a good point and a good force inside.
Things are looking good, but first thing first, Duke has some title hunting to do this season.
I'd be hunting for a high motor, smart guy like Amile. The other option would be to find a great shooting 6'10 guy somewhere.

I'd be hunting for a high motor, smart guy like Amile. The other option would be to find a great shooting 6'10 guy somewhere.

Getting Reddish early along with Jones aows Duke to go all in on their remaining targets. I'd be surprised to see new names pop up as the 2018 class isn't as great as it once was thought. Here are some names to watch for the rest of this recruiting season as it seems the staff wants 5 for sure and maybe 6 guys:

David McCormack
RJ Barrett (#1 target and best player in 2018)
Emmit Williams
Simi Shittu (if you start seeing his name and not Williams, that tells you what's about to happen)
Darius Garland (starting to become an actual battle with Vandy)
Moses Brown (we offered but not sure he wants to be in Durham, getting Bagley will help)
Zion Williamson (put him here out of necessity because he has an offer)

No sweet shooting bigs here (that was Swider), but some conventional bigs and traditional guards. Could be a set up class for some of the top guys in 2019. Not sure the 2018 class is going to lead Duke to an historic season. Enjoy 2017-2018. This is an all-time type of class.

Getting Reddish early along with Jones aows Duke to go all in on their remaining targets. I'd be surprised to see new names pop up as the 2018 class isn't as great as it once was thought. Here are some names to watch for the rest of this recruiting season as it seems the staff wants 5 for sure and maybe 6 guys:

David McCormack
RJ Barrett (#1 target and best player in 2018)
Emmit Williams
Simi Shittu (if you start seeing his name and not Williams, that tells you what's about to happen)
Darius Garland (starting to become an actual battle with Vandy)
Moses Brown (we offered but not sure he wants to be in Durham, getting Bagley will help)
Zion Williamson (put him here out of necessity because he has an offer)

No sweet shooting bigs here (that was Swider), but some conventional bigs and traditional guards. Could be a set up class for some of the top guys in 2019. Not sure the 2018 class is going to lead Duke to an historic season. Enjoy 2017-2018. This is an all-time type of class.

I'd be happy w/McCormack, I think he could be a real force inside....He's friends w/Javin too, so that may help.

OFC

#UnfinishedBusinessFirst

A backcourt of Jones and Garland would be amazing entertainment.
If we do get Garland and then we also get Barrett. It's been said that Reddish and Barrett were being sold on playing the 2 and the 3, so if we have Jones and Garland at the 1 and the 2, would we play Reddish and Barrett at the 3 and the 4 with whoever we have at the 5

Reactions: DukeDenver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT