ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn Cook starting for the Warriors tonight.

"I knew Quinn would play well," Kerr said. "He's played a lot of minutes for New Orleans last year and we have watched him in practice in the G league. ... We have a lot of synergy between the franchises and we run the same stuff, so Quinn knows all of the plays." - from ESPN

Love it, this two week stretch could be a career maker for the kid. He deserves it.

For sure. This quote from Draymond Green isn't bad...

Cook’s performance in the G-League has prompted praise from Warrior players like Draymond Green, who believe Cook’s ability far exceeds that of the minor leagues.

“You see some of these guys and I wonder why they’re on a regular deal in the NBA and Quinn’s not,” Green said in a recent shootaround. “It’s pretty ridiculous to me.”

For those who are interested, here is a piece about Quinn's relationship with KD... they go back a long way!

http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Quinn-Cook-reunites-with-big-brother-Kevin-12309964.php

Bolden should be paying attention to this story arc. Do you guys remember what the perception of Quinn was when he was a soph at Duke? This proves hard work still means something in basketball.

Edit - Tucker too

Jack White's situation is more complicated. He wasn't necessarily considering being a pro after college, though he could definitely contribute as a pro somewhere outside the NBA. He seems pretty content at Duke. He should look at someone like Olek Czyz. Would Olek's pro options have been any different graduating as a career reserve at Duke? I'd argue no (he played in the D-leuage a while and has been a good player in Europe since). That Duke degree would be better than the one from Nevada.

Last edited:
It was bittersweet. I was so stoked to see him playing let alone starting for he warriors. Played a great game as well, just wish it hadn't been against the hornets. Oh well, war Quinn!

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
It was bittersweet. I was so stoked to see him playing let alone starting for he warriors. Played a great game as well, just wish it hadn't been against the hornets. Oh well, war Quinn!
I was the same way. I don't watch much NBA so I can't claim to be a diehard fan or anything. But I found myself rooting for the Warriors and thinking WTH am I doing going against the Hornets. I hope he gets all he can out of the Time that Curry will miss. This is his chance.

Reactions: PixelDevil
Will Quinn ever stop making us duke fans proud? That kid is something.
One of the moments I will always remember was his senior year in Chapel Hill on the play where fat cheeks Meeks threw the ball out of bounds near the unc bench. Cook grabbed the ball near ole Roy and Roy said something to him that made his face light up. Always wondered what Roy said to him.

That and the game in Chapel Hill during his freshman year after Rivers hit the game winner. Cook went running up to the fans holding his jersey out. DUKE!

One of the moments I will always remember was his senior year in Chapel Hill on the play where fat cheeks Meeks threw the ball out of bounds near the unc bench. Cook grabbed the ball near ole Roy and Roy said something to him that made his face light up. Always wondered what Roy said to him.

That and the game in Chapel Hill during his freshman year after Rivers hit the game winner. Cook went running up to the fans holding his jersey out. DUKE!

That actually happened in Cameron. A lot of UNC fans at THR were mad about it too....they didn't think Roy should be joking around with the opponent late in a game.

That actually happened in Cameron. A lot of UNC fans at THR were mad about it too....they didn't think Roy should be joking around with the opponent late in a game.
Ahhh. I was thinking it was the game in CH for some reason. THR is always crying about something.

Roy probably said something like, I am ready to offer you that scholarship if you are still interested.

Yeah, Roy thought he had that game in the bag. Wrong again!

Quinn getting some serious burn again tonight right now against the pisitons on espn. Just hit a 3 to beat the buzzer at the end of the 3rd. Playing very steady and smart. I was not going to miss another Cook NBA game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT