ADVERTISEMENT

Prostate Cancer question...

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
Hey guys, found out yesterday my Dad has Prostate Cancer. I'm hearing there is a great doctor at Duke. Anyone familiar? They say he is very early stages. Any info is appreciated.

Hey guys, found out yesterday my Dad has Prostate Cancer. I'm hearing there is a great doctor at Duke. Anyone familiar? They say he is very early stages. Any info is appreciated.
Sorry to hear this Show. Good luck to you and him.

Reactions: Showenuff
Sorry to hear that show! My dad had it a couple years ago and they caught it early too. He’s been doing great since!! Sorry I don’t live in the Carolina area so I can’t help too much. My dad got it done at UPenn and they were awesome!

Sorry to hear. Glad to read it's early stage.

Here's a good surgeon at Duke:

https://www.dukehealth.org/find-doctors-physicians/thomas-j-polascik-md

Duke has different treatments types which means, depending on your dads clinical situation, they may not rush to a radical prostatectomy (removal). They can do focal therapy meaning they can remove part of the prostate that holds the cancer cells (depending on what early stage he is).

Hope all goes well man. Prayers sent.

Show, that sucks. Can't help, but good luck with it.

SoCal, did you ever get your update?

My father just had the surgery a few months ago. Also caught it early stages - changed diet/got gym membership. Next checkup was positive: no spreading

And then he was faced with keep waiting, surgery or chemo. And he chose surgery

Thus far all great. He retired from work and has been returning to his self from a few years ago

Most of us on this forum will likely experience the same. So I think your father will be fine. Best wishes brotha!

Show a good friend of mine from church developed prostate cancer, was treated at Duke and is now in total remission. Good luck going forward.

Scary, but early detection has a good prognosis. Prayers for courage, strength, wise decisions, and healing.

Sorry to hear this. It’s good it was caught early. Thoughts and prayers with your dad.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Show. Prayers are with you and and your family. God bless you all.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT