ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers Thread

Time is a blessing none of us deserve, and none of us know how much we have. I give thanks to the Lord each day for his blessings on my life and the great gift of the time with my loved ones. My mom almost died when I was 8 and the dr told her If she lived she would only have ten years at most with the way her heart was. Praise God I'm almost 39 and I still have her.

I really appreciate this thread guys.
Your mom is amazing!!! Love her as my own. Shes basically like a second mom to me.

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
Ok guys just found out that a friend of mine for over 40 years and a former softball team mate has throat cancer. Hard to swallow right now. OFC

Damn man, I think this is only the second time my eyes got wet on DI. The first time was of course when we missed on John Riek.

In all seriousness, time is the only healer but the scar is there. It sounds like you made the most of the time you shared. I'm calling both my sisters tonight. We don't communicate nearly enough, and I want to change that.

Funny enough, I'm actually out of town visiting law school friends that just had twin girls in October. Good to get away to something good.

Tornado's and thunderstorms hit my area of N.C. which is called the Piedmont tonight. My home was spared and the county i live in for the most part was spared but county's to my west and north were hit hard. Loss of homes, power, property damage and as of now one reported death. The county due west to me which is Guilford has already canceled school tomorrow because of school damage and no power. I feel very blessed but my thoughts are with the people with loss. OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
Tornado's and thunderstorms hit my area of N.C. which is called the Piedmont tonight. My home was spared and the county i live in for the most part was spared but county's to my west and north were hit hard. Loss of homes, power, property damage and as of now one reported death. The county due west to me which is Guilford has already canceled school tomorrow because of school damage and no power. I feel very blessed but my thoughts are with the people with loss. OFC
A tornado hit very near our neighborhood. There are a lot of tress down and debris is everywhere. We gathered in the downstairs bathroom as the tornado sirens were going off. We were spared the worst, but a very scary time yesterday. Worst storm I have ever seen. Praying for the families hit by the tornado.

Reactions: skysdad
Funny enough, I'm actually out of town visiting law school friends that just had twin girls in October. Good to get away to something good.
I hope the visit went well. Sounds like you have a great perspective on things.

A tornado hit very near our neighborhood. There are a lot of tress down and debris is everywhere. We gathered in the downstairs bathroom as the tornado sirens were going off. We were spared the worst, but a very scary time yesterday. Worst storm I have ever seen. Praying for the families hit by the tornado.

Where do you live. OFC

Please take a moment to reflect or say a prayer for the victims of the senseless,horrific van attack yesterday in Toronto...10 people are dead,15 others hospitalized,5 in critical condition.I have a lot of family and friends in the Toronto area,as far as I know,none were affected by this tragedy.The driver of the van has been captured and will have his day in court...Canada abolished the death penalty many years ago but incidents like this make me think that it's time to review that policy..

Last edited:
Please take a moment to reflect or say a prayer for the victims of the senseless,horrific van attack yesterday in Toronto...10 people are dead,15 others hospitalized,5 in critical condition.I have a lot of family and friends in the Toronto area,as far as I know,none were affected by this tragedy.The driver of the van has been captured and will have his day in court...Canada abolished the death penalty many years ago but incidents like this make me think that it's time to review that policy..

That's horrible. Prayers needed for a lot of people. OFC

Boom! Good luck to you all. Your appreciation for the word ‘love’ will be completely different 24 hours from now.

It's a different kind of love. One you never have experienced before. Can't explain it to someone who has never experienced it. It's a special kind of love. Much can be said of grandchildren. That's another one you have to experience to understand. OFC

It's a different kind of love. One you never have experienced before. Can't explain it to someone who has never experienced it. It's a special kind of love. Much can be said of grandchildren. That's another one you have to experience to understand. OFC
My first grandchild is due in two weeks. I cannot wait. Very exciting times.

My first grandchild is due in two weeks. I cannot wait. Very exciting times.

It is unreal man. I have one and we just celebrated her 2nd birthday. When I walk in and her little face lights up and she raises those tiny hands up to me, it makes everything bad go away!! It's an awesome experience!!

It is unreal man. I have one and we just celebrated her 2nd birthday. When I walk in and her little face lights up and she raises those tiny hands up to me, it makes everything bad go away!! It's an awesome experience!!
Awesome! They have dr appt this morning. I’m waiting on a phone call saying he’s on his way!

Not that big a deal but I've had blurred vision in my left eye for about a month now. We know what the problem is and am scheduled for two laser surgeries with the 1st this coming Tuesday. Every things gonna be alright though but prayers and thoughts are welcome. OFC

My mom is in the hospital with a lot of pain. She is having saliva gland stones again, which are rare but basically the same as what kidney stones are except in the side of the cheek and causes a lot of swelling and very excruciating. My mom is my hero and I need her to get better and spend some time with her new grandbaby.

My mom is in the hospital with a lot of pain. She is having saliva gland stones again, which are rare but basically the same as what kidney stones are except in the side of the cheek and causes a lot of swelling and very excruciating. My mom is my hero and I need her to get better and spend some time with her new grandbaby.

Prayers go out. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
It's happening again,another school shooting,this time in Texas,early reports of at least 8 fatalities,my thoughts and prayers to all the families being affected by this senseless tragedy

It's gotten to a point that you expect it every week or so. I wish I knew what the answer is but we as a society must start raising our children better. OFC

Ok guys need prayers for my best friend and family . His daughter passed away last night. She is only 42. She lives behind 5 children including a 7 year old. I've known her since the day she was born and we were close. This one really hurts. OFC

Ok guys need prayers for my best friend and family . His daughter passed away last night. She is only 42. She lives behind 5 children including a 7 year old. I've known her since the day she was born and we were close. This one really hurts. OFC
One great benefit of having so many siblings is plenty of trusted shoulders to cry on. My thoughts are with the family. I pray for their strength as they cope with the loss.

Condolences Sky,help your friend stay strong

I will. When she was old enough to understand when people told her things I told her she was my girl. I always did that. Her dad and everyone else in the family are unc fans. Not her. She was a Duke fan. She told me she became a Duke fan because of me. That meant a lot to me. It's just so hard. OFC

Last edited:
Prayers for you Sky and your friend and friends family! Sorry to hear about this awful news! Hang in there!

Wonderful post. I feel we have our on brotherhood and sisterhood on this board. It's something special about the posters here. I'm not saying we agree with everyone and there are some personality issues but I really think we care about what goes here. We have a lot of passionate people here and I love the comradely we have. OFC

Well said Sky! We can all come together as ONE on a thread like this. Its truly a beautiful thing. May God bless all of you!

OFC

Last edited:
Hey guys. Thanks for mentioning us at the beginning of this thread in April. My wife of 37 years has been battling kidney cancer for the last 14 years. 8 years ago it had spread to her pancreas, in which she had 2/3 of the pancreas removed. Then, this March Duke found 2 spots on the liver which were removed by ablation. Then it got really hairy as the spots that were ablated became infected and abscessed. During this whole 14 year ordeal this has been the toughest part for my wife. She was really sick and had to have 2 different procedures to scrape and drain as much of the infection as possible. I have been giving her an infusion of antibiotics daily since April and now it looks as if the infection is all cleared up. We are sitting in a condo right now on vacation at Oak Island and I am getting to give her another round. She is a real trooper and warrior and doing so much better. Her faith and all of the prayers have carried her, and myself, a very long way. As I said, this battle has been going on for 14 years but our faith is carrying us and we plan on being together on this Earth for a long time to come. I thank you all and ask that you keep the prayers coming. They do work!

Last edited:
Hey guys.... I was wondering if my wife and I could get some prayers.... I know I posted earlier that last August we had a miscarriage and lost our baby. We happily found out we got pregnant again in May and unfortunately we found out the day before 4th of July we had another miscarriage and lost the baby. We are really struggling with this and hope we get some answers soon on what could be going on. I kind of have gone off the map a little bit but trying to slowly get back to moving forward... any prayers would be so appreciative

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT