ADVERTISEMENT

Players We Are Most Excited To See This Season...

Going back to Jiml's question about starters, that presumes that one of the two centers starts. No guarantee that happens. On the other hand, if Hurt hasn't toughened up, he doesn't get an automatic start.
I think we are really in trouble if Hurt doesn’t work himself into an automatic start.

Who ever thought Goldwire would be a captain and possible starter on a duke team? If anyone had said that 3 years ago we would have figured Duke has stopped recruiting altogether. He is a true success story, just like JRob would have been had Duke been able to finish up its season.

I’m just looking forward to the “keep fighting fellas” on every game thread, winning or losing!

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I remember seeing him at CTC when he was a freshman. He wasn't really impressive that night. There were some great freshman there. Carter, Bagley, AOC, Bolden and Grayson was a senior but there was something special about him. He really played hard and I could tell he loved being a Dukie. I knew that he would become a senior and I love our seniors. I hope we are kind this year to a great senior and who has earned our respect. OFC

Reactions: Liftee
Baker has potential to be a great Jr.-Sr player if K gets him in there, let’s him be involved. Lot of mental aspects he needs to conquer.

Reactions: dbav
Baker has potential to be a great Jr.-Sr player if K gets him in there, let’s him be involved. Lot of mental aspects he needs to conquer.

I think K got him in there, but Joey just wasn’t consistent.

K loves shooters....especially guys who can carve their own way. Joey just hasn’t done that....yet.

Reactions: christophero
Clips of Coleman intrigue me. That's an adult body. He's gonna hurt some people, whether he means to or not. A very interesting prospect.

The frontcourt is a mystery for sure. Do we go small or does Tape or Williams claim a spot? Coleman or Brakefield? Does Baker shoot well and get big minutes? Hurt and Johnson will be in there but after that it is a mystery. Guys will get their chances.

Side bar. Is pronounced Tape as in scotch tape or Toupe' as in the fake hair. I keep hearing sports talk show host pronouncing in Tape as in scotch tape saw somewhere it should be pronounced toupe'. OFC

That's why we need Tape. He will be situational, but we will need more than Hurt and a thin Williams for guys like Bascot. I know Coleman can help as well.

Not sure where to put this but Corey Evans announced yesterday Kuminga is reclassifying and going to the G League.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT