ADVERTISEMENT

Pearl Harbor Day

So the only mention of Pearl Harbor on MSN is that the Trumps made slight mistakes in commemorating Pearl Harbor Day. I am no Trump fan but is that all the media can find to talk about today of all days? Unbelievable.

Pearl Harbor has become easy to forget for some. There are a lot of people who will say "Pearl"what. Remember My dad's best was there but survived. He was on the ground firing his service issued revolver at Japanese Zero's. Pearl Harbor needs more attention. OFC

If any of you ever get to visit Pearl Harbor and stand in the Arizona monument reading the names of souls lost and still in the USS Arizona you will never forget what happened on this day in 1941. When I visited there was an old gentleman answering questions at the monument. All the names are listed and I noticed some were added after 1982. The old Navy man told us that the individual added in 1982 died in 1975 and his wife had him cremated. His wish was to be with shipmates at his death. The wife fought congress from his death until 1982 and won. The Navy veteran wish was granted. A few more have been added to the ship since. That is a wonderful wife!!

OFC

This day should be more acknowledge than what it gets. It's a huge day in the history of our country and the world. It's sad we are closing in on not having any WWII survivors left. We still have a older gentleman in our church who was at the invasion at Normandy. I love hearing that man pray.

What an unreal day. One of the first true terror attacks our country experienced. Grateful for all our WW2 vets. Men among men.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT