ADVERTISEMENT

OT yanny or laurel

smashmouth5

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 25, 2001
which do you hear? The first time I listened I heard yanny. Listened on my Mac book today and heard laurel. On everything else I hear yanny. My wife hears laurel on everything and my daughter hears yanny every time. My son hears both.

I hear laurel but the weirder one (is that a word?) is the blue/black white/gold dress one. I only see white and gold. Wife sees blue and black. Craziness....

I kept seeing everyone talking about it on Facebook but no one ever posted the video, so I looked it up and in the video that I watched they played it in 3 different frequencies: high, normal and low. In the high frequency I heard Yanny but in both the normal and low frequencies I heard Laurel.

I heard laurel then my wife played it later on and I heard yanny. I honestly thought it was a different video. Every time since then I’ve heard laurel. It’s really weird

I hear Laurel, and I played the same clip to my parents and they hear Yanny! I’m like WTF! It clearly says Laurel. Now I did hear another clip in which I clearly heard Yanny, so I don’t know. I think it depends on which device you are listening to.

Yanny is for people with better hearing that hear higher frequency and laurel is for people that hear low frequency.

Yanny is for people with better hearing that hear higher frequency and laurel is for people that hear low frequency.
It must be more complicated than that because I hear Yanny sometimes and Laurel others. Unless my ears alternate in picking up on high or low frequencies at different times, it must be something about the expectation of what you’re hearing. Just remember, when it comes to Duke basketball, don’t rest on your yannys.

I listened two times and heard Yanny once and Laurel once. Does that make me bi-hearable. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Someone posted the dress again on my Facebook and I saw black and blue for the first time. So freaky

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT