ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Why are ALL men's athletic pants skinny/tapered now?

springsportster

All American
Mar 29, 2017
Parts unknown
Trying to get back into exercising at a 36 year old, I noticed that it is nearly impossible to find non skinny/tapered athletic pants anymore. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want to work out looking like I am a 16 year old with hardly any fuzz on his peaches, trying to be "trendy" in these dumbass tapered pants. For the record I am already skinny, but men who wear tapered or skinny pants look like they are used to getting beat up for a living. Just sayin.... Bring back NORMAL athletic pants that go straight down (not tapered like an EMO boy band).

Anyone want to weigh in on how stupid modern athletic fashion looks?

There are no pants that fit in the categories "comfortable" and "what women think looks good on you" simultaneously. That is especially true if you have any muscle at all.

It started with soccer, which is understandable....baggy pants get in the way when kicking etc. Then someone, probably Russell Westbrook, though hmmmm....that looks cool. Here we are

Reactions: jnastasi
I just think men should wear non tapered pants regardless of body size. Seeing a fat guy squeeze into skinny pants looks like a bratwurst busting out of its casing. Seeing a skinny guy do it looks like he is late for a backstreet boys concert. Women cannot possibly think pants like this look good on a heterosexual man.

OP, you need some 'And 1' brand shorts straight from the 90s avaliable at your local Wal-Mart!

I usually go with shorter - above the knee. I think these type usually fall under "Mens Running shorts" style

challenger-mens-7-running-shorts-NKW2oE.jpg

Nike basketball pants are still loose fitting. Nike jerseys are starting to look like halter tops on some players.

I like my clothes a little baggy on me. I will not wear tight fitting apparel. Of course sometimes I will just to show off the guns :)

I like my clothes a little baggy on me. I will not wear tight fitting apparel. Of course sometimes I will just to show off the guns :)

I like tight pants, because I like to show off my gun. If you know what I'm saying.

I like wearing sweat pants everywhere I go. I have that right. I'm an old fart. OFC

Hair styles change with generations.........clothing does the same...
I'm with "old fart" , I buy what I like..hair cuts and clothes.

Just do your thing and get along, not trying to impress anyone.

BTW. our Fr dominated teams are not doing as well as expected.
(namely my Cats)..but the Dukes are below what I expected too.
IMO, neither team has the ideal Fr & experienced mixture.

I enjoy reading your board, but only post occasionally

Trying to get back into exercising at a 36 year old, I noticed that it is nearly impossible to find non skinny/tapered athletic pants anymore. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want to work out looking like I am a 16 year old with hardly any fuzz on his peaches, trying to be "trendy" in these dumbass tapered pants. For the record I am already skinny, but men who wear tapered or skinny pants look like they are used to getting beat up for a living. Just sayin.... Bring back NORMAL athletic pants that go straight down (not tapered like an EMO boy band).

Anyone want to weigh in on how stupid modern athletic fashion looks?

First of all, I'd worry more about getting back into the gym and less about style points about what I'm wearing while I'm there. Congrats on the decision to start taking care of your health again. Get after it!

That said, Nike makes open-bottom sweats. You can also find loose, dri-fit type stuff by C9 at Target. Personally I prefer shorts becaue that's what I've always worked out in.

The "strongest" form is Slim. These are the ones that you would compete with to get on or off my pick.

The second is Slim. Slim. It doesn't fit as sluggishly. If people use jeans and pants at this place right now, I would say these are the standard type.

Tapered may have a different definition, but the crotch is marginally lowered 90% of the cases, and it seems like the trousers are a little low even though you were on the back. Those look nice, but generally they are very wide and I'm a little lol.

The smallest one of them is straight fit or standard fit. These are those who are not on your ankles at all slimmed down.
Usually these are for older people or overweight people as they seem to like jeans that aren't tight fitting.

You should always pick the same size disregarding whether you go for skinny or straight.

Last edited:
Tapered and skinny are two different things ya old fart. If you actually have an ass and quads, you have to have a taper unless you wanna bring back jncos. Stepping on and dragging the heels of those old adidas pants was not much better for a workout. Performance wise, it is just a better choice

I had to buy tapered Adidas sweatpants because my old Adidas were making me feel old at the gym lol.

I just think men should wear non tapered pants regardless of body size. Seeing a fat guy squeeze into skinny pants looks like a bratwurst busting out of its casing. Seeing a skinny guy do it looks like he is late for a backstreet boys concert. Women cannot possibly think pants like this look good on a heterosexual man.
I resemble the first part of this post lol

The "most grounded" structure is Slim. These are the ones that you would rival to jump on or off my pick.

The second is Slim. Thin. It doesn't fit as drowsily. If people use jeans and pants at here right now, I would state these are the standard sort.

Tightened may have an alternate definition, however the groin is hardly brought down 90% of the cases, and it seems like the pants are somewhat low despite the fact that you were on the back. Those look decent, however for the most part they are extremely wide and I'm a little lol.

The littlest one of them is straight fit or standard fit. These are the individuals who are not on your lower legs at all thinned down.

Typically these are for more established individuals or overweight individuals as they appear to like pants that aren't tight fitting.

You ought to consistently pick a similar size dismissing whether you go for thin or straight.

Whoever mentioned the Backstreet Boys need to update their references ha. That was like 20 years ago. :)

The "most grounded" structure is Slim. These are the ones that you would rival to jump on or off my pick.

The second is Slim. Thin. It doesn't fit as drowsily. On the off chance that individuals use pants a lot at this spot at the present time, I would state these are the standard kind.

Tightened may have an alternate definition, however the groin is possibly brought down 90% of the cases, and it seems like the pants are somewhat low despite the fact that you were on the back. Those look decent, yet for the most part they are extremely wide and I'm a little haha.

The littlest one of them is straight fit or standard fit. These are the individuals who are not on your lower legs at all thinned down.

Typically these are for more seasoned individuals or overweight individuals as they appear to like pants that aren't tight fitting.

You ought to consistently pick a similar size ignoring whether you go for thin or straight.

The "most grounded" structure is Slim. These are the ones that you would opponent to hop on or off my pick.

The second is Slim. Dainty. It doesn't fit as sleepily. If people use pants a great deal at here right now, I would express these are the standard kind.

Fixed may have a substitute definition, anyway, the crotch is potentially cut down 90% of the cases, and it seems like the jeans are fairly low regardless of the way that you were on the back. Those look fair, yet generally, they are incredibly wide and I'm a little haha.

The most diminutive one of them is straight fit or standard fit. These are the people who are not on your lower legs at all weakened.

Ordinarily, these are for more prepared people or overweight people as they seem to like jeans that aren't tight fitting.

You should reliably pick a comparative size disregarding whether you go for slight or straight.

The "most grounded" structure is Slim. These are the ones that you would opponent to bounce on or off my pick.

The second is Slim. Slender. It doesn't fit as lazily. In the event that individuals use pants a lot at here the present moment, I would express these are the standard sort.

Fixed may have a substitute definition, anyway the crotch is barely cut down 90% of the cases, and it seems like the jeans are fairly low regardless of the way that you were on the back. Those look fair, anyway generally they are amazingly wide and I'm a little haha.

The most diminutive one of them is straight fit or standard fit. These are the people who are not on your lower legs at all weakened.

Ordinarily these are for more settled people or overweight people as they seem to like jeans that aren't tight fitting.

You should reliably pick a comparative size excusing whether you go for slender or straight.

Ah, always nice when one of my posts gets refreshed on occasion, lol. Still hate skinny athletic pants btw :) As for jeans, I like a nice boot fit cut, preferably Diesel jeans.

Just because it's comfortable. It doesn't create any obstacles for moving. So can freely move. For athletes, it's really important to have a comfortable uniform from their trainers to pants. All the uniforms are explicitly made by their individual measurements. For pants, the most important is the inseam. If you don't know what it is that check here https://www.improvingeachday.com/clothing/how-to-measure-pants-inseam/. But again it's about preference , if you are not in professional sport, you are more than free to train in your baggy clothes )))

Last edited:
I've noticed that a lot of younger pros on the PGA tour are wearing pants which are much skinnier than traditional pants. Personally, I do not like the look. But if a study comes out which confirms that the skinny pants improve driving distance and/or lower scores, I will be all in. OFC

I've noticed that a lot of younger pros on the PGA tour are wearing pants which are much skinnier than traditional pants. Personally, I do not like the look. But if a study comes out which confirms that the skinny pants improve driving distance and/or lower scores, I will be all in. OFC

Well, there might be something to this. The younger guys at our country club are doing it too....and they hit the ball a mile.

The biggest obstacle I have right now is that I'm pretty damn sure no one wants to see me in them.

Reactions: Devilinside

The second is Slim. Thin. It doesn't fit as drowsily. If people use jeans and pants at here right now, I would state these are the standard sort.

Tightened may have an alternate definition, however the groin is hardly brought down 90% of the cases, and it seems like the pants are somewhat low despite the fact that you were on the back. Those look decent, however for the most part they are extremely wide and I'm a little lol.

Typically these are for more established individuals or overweight individuals as they appear to like pants that aren't tight fitting.

You ought to consistently pick a similar size dismissing whether you go for thin or straight.
Give me jeans & boys like them also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT