ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Who is the most famous celebrity or athlete that you are on a first name basis with.

I met Cam Newton at the mall a few months ago.. at least that's what his name on the back of his jersey said. 90% certain it was definitely, maybe Cam.

Reactions: dbav and pisgah101
How u know him and when you say you're on a first name basis do you see him often

Peyton and I lived in the same dorm for 2 years at UT (Gibbs Hall was the all athlete dorm at UT - a practice which has since been banned by the SEC). We were friendly and hung with many of the same folks, one of his Freshman receivers, Greg Kyler, was my roommate (Greg was Football and Track) Since we were in the same class, we all hung out and attended the same parties and such. Football parties at UT were ahem..interesting. He has hooked me up with tickets in the past to Skins or Ravens games when he played and got to attend a charity luncheon with him and Ashley when I was in Indy for business a few years ago. Other people of note in that dorm at one time or another were Al Wilson, Todd Helton, Leonard Little, Marcus Nash and Jay Graham.

Reactions: pisgah101
Peyton and I lived in the same dorm for 2 years at UT (Gibbs Hall was the all athlete dorm at UT - a practice which has since been banned by the SEC). We were friendly and hung with many of the same folks, one of his Freshman receivers, Greg Kyler, was my roommate (Greg was Football and Track) Since we were in the same class, we all hung out and attended the same parties and such. Football parties at UT were ahem..interesting. He has hooked me up with tickets in the past to Skins or Ravens games when he played and got to attend a charity luncheon with him and Ashley when I was in Indy for business a few years ago. Other people of note in that dorm at one time or another were Al Wilson, Todd Helton, Leonard Little, Marcus Nash and Jay Graham.

That's awesome man

I still wanna know about the distinguished senator edwards. OFC

Worked for him on his campaign vs Sen. Faircloth in NC and then on the Hill as a LD and finally on his first campaign on the Advance team when he ran for pres in '04 (then when the was tapped for VP with Kerry).... Still talk to his daughter occasionally via fb. Left DC and went to Law School before all of the malfeasance, and thank god as I never received a subpoena, unlike the aforementioned Mr. Young

While it's not sports related, it is Durham related, but I know and grew up with the Duffer brothers who created Stranger Things. From kindergarten through high school I always had at least one class with either Matt or Ross, and they used to play on my soccer teams at school and at the YMCA. Great kids, and while I don't talk to them anymore, I did just see them a few years ago for a middle school reunion and we got to catch up

Reactions: dukehokie
The Parkers from Hank Parker 3D (the hunting and fishing guys from the outdoors channel)

I used to workout at Ricky Steamboat gym in Charlotte when I was in college many moons ago. Some of the wrestlers I met were: Manny Fernandez (The Raging Bull), Barry Windham, The Road Warriors, and Ricky the Dragon Steamboat.

Reactions: skysdad
John Bell and JoJo Herman from Widespread Panic; Warren Haynes from Govt Mule; Robert Randolph, Luther and Cody Dickinson (North Mississippi Allstars); Al Wilson, Trey Teague, Heath Shuler; Senator Lamar Alexander

Went to high school with Ray Childress -- played for Texas A&M and then went on to play for the Oilers and Titans. Had him in a class and we sometimes partnered together -- not the brightest crayon in the box, but that didn't hold him back....

Koren Robinson that was a WR at NCSU and then went to play for the Seahawks. His kids and my son worked out together at the same gym. Great guy who admitted he made some mistakes.
Didn't you already say this

No one really but I did powerlifting competitions and some strongman competitions for years and ran into Bill Kazmaier several times when he was announcing or doing an exhibition. I talked to him a little each time I saw him and the last time I ran into him, he remembered my name and asked how I had been. He is like a superhero to people who train for strength. Wouldn't say we are on a first name basis and haven't run into him in years but I was as awestruck as is possible when he knew my name.

No one really but I did powerlifting competitions and some strongman competitions for years and ran into Bill Kazmaier several times when he was announcing or doing an exhibition. I talked to him a little each time I saw him and the last time I ran into him, he remembered my name and asked how I had been. He is like a superhero to people who train for strength. Wouldn't say we are on a first name basis and haven't run into him in years but I was as awestruck as is possible when he knew my name.

Kaz was cool, also did a little pro wrestling...

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT