ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sports trivia. Part three.

No response in a day. And I'm sure that MISSILE is correct. Next question:. Who is the Ivy league player who averaged 31 points and 12 rebounds in the 1964-65 season?

There have been 4 players from Guilford College in Greensboro, N.C. which at the time competed in the NAIA. All played during the 60's , 70's and 80's. Three of the four were very succesful and a couple won rings. Two of them had jobs in the NBA after their playing careers were over . Three of the players were Bob Kauffman, Lloyd (World B ) Free and M.L Carr. Who is the fourth. Note that there were a few more that were drafted but never could land a spot. OFC

Yes that is it. Hot bed for hof coach roy williams in recruiting. pj hairsto, will graves and brendon haywood among the notable heels. You are up. OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
Who was the most recent player from West Virginia (WVU) taken in the 1st Round of the NBA Draft?

Joe somebody...he helped knock us out of the tourney early in Singlers career...frosh year iirc

Joe somebody...he helped knock us out of the tourney early in Singlers career...frosh year iirc

No one else answered, so I'll allow it. Joe Alexander. And yes, they knocked us out in 2008. You're up!

Funniest part of the game was when Kyle Singler gave the the West Virginia player a purple nurple in the final minute of the game.

Not Steve Avery. A great guess. I looked it up. Avery was 1-0 in the 1995 World Series. Six innings, 1 run on three hits. He was only 7-13 in the regular season. In his career, he had two outstanding seasons, 18-8 as a 21 year old in 1991 and 18-10 in 1993

Not Maddux. He won at least one game in the Series. A 4-3 win. And not Wohlers, who had multiple saves. The pitcher we're looking for combined with Wohlers for a 1-0 win in Game 7. Six of the seven games were decided by one run

Bob Hope Desert Classic in Palm Springs, CA ? I know that he won there and in Phoenix often to start the year. Johnny Miller also loved those events. I fell in love with golf when Miller shot 26 under par in Phoenix

Reactions: hart2chesson
Bob Hope Desert Classic in Palm Springs, CA ? I know that he won there and in Phoenix often to start the year. Johnny Miller also loved those events. I fell in love with golf when Miller shot 26 under par in Phoenix

Good job ged! It was indeed the Bob Hope tournament.They played it over 5 days over two courses if I recall correctly. You are up ged!!! OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT