ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Soda or Pop

I just call all Cola Coke and everything else by its name - IE Ginger Ale

Ex: Double Jack and Coke
Double Makers and Ginger

I have ordered probably close to 1 million cans or glasses or bottles of "drink" and I always called it a drink or a coke. I can't imagine ordering a soda or a pop from the waiter or waitress and asking for a pop might get strange looks.

50 sodas a day is a lot. I hope you go to the doctor regularly.

Last edited:
When I was coming up my father tended a chicken farm that produced eggs. We actually lived on the farm . We didn't own it. Lots of great times there and we lived there from the age of 6 to 16. I guess you could say it was my glory years. Lot's of kids my age lived there and we had ourselves a time especially in the summer when we roamed the woods , fished , played baseball, collected soft drink bottles for 2 cents each and caught critters that we sold to a company called Carolina Biological which is still in business at the same location. They usually bought everything we caught from lizards to fire flies to craw fish. Now this really doesn't have anything to do with soft drinks except this. Because of financial need my mom had to work outside the home but in the summer time and every day for that matter she would leave me a dime to go over to the egg house where they processed and pack the eggs. In the egg house was a drink machine. It was a Pepsi machine and the soft drinks at that time cost a dime. Everyday I would go over and get myself an ice cold soft drink in a glass bottle. Most of the time it was a Dr. Pepper but some times it would be a Pepsi. I would then go to my house and make myself lunch. Most of the time it was a sandwich. Bologna , ham or I could make hot dogs. It was during that time I discovered potato chip sandwiches which I still eat today. That dime for a soft drink still is one of my favorite memories of my mom. She never missed a day. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT