ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Secret societies

pisgah101

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 26, 2005
Okay this is random but... I watched the movie "the skulls" the other day (sucked) and so I looked up secret societies. Duke has one but I couldn't find too much on it. So does anyone here know much about it? I'm sure somebody will say "well it's a secret so no" but I'd think some all y'all that went to Duke would know stuff

Okay this is random but... I watched the movie "the skulls" the other day (sucked) and so I looked up secret societies. Duke has one but I couldn't find too much on it. So does anyone here know much about it? I'm sure somebody will say "well it's a secret so no" but I'd think some all y'all that went to Duke would know stuff
Damn i was a big fan of the skulls haha

I remember that it existed and that occasionally you would see someone get selected. If I'm not mistaken, it was for the upper echelon of a select few fraternities on campus. The general consensus was that you had to be from connected families and children of previous members. I have no idea how accurate any of that is though, haha.

It's called the PTRF and it's pretty much hush,hush. I will tell you this they are all about Duke winning. I do think there are leaks in it and that concerns me somewhat. I hope I've been helpful to you but there could be more secret societies out there other than the one listed. OFC

I remember that it existed and that occasionally you would see someone get selected. If I'm not mistaken, it was for the upper echelon of a select few fraternities on campus. The general consensus was that you had to be from connected families and children of previous members. I have no idea how accurate any of that is though, haha.

They said some of K's players were in it but not who haha

The two sequels sucked, lol.

Most major colleges have one. They are made up of the upper class and people of power like skydad mentioned.

Reactions: pisgah101
I heard Prince of Jordan Hashim bin Hussein was denied entrance into this society and subsequently transferred to Georgetown. I think that was BS though.

I never heard of such a thing and I don't like the sound of it. I guess I wasn't upper class whatever that is. But then again, as Groucho said, I wouldn't join a club that would want me as a member.

I never heard of such a thing and I don't like the sound of it. I guess I wasn't upper class whatever that is. But then again, as Groucho said, I wouldn't join a club that would want me as a member.
The Red Friars were your usual suspects: class presidents, editors of the Chronicle, IFC presidents, and other BMOCs. Short hair and, of course, white.

Reactions: dbav
The only real society, and I'm not sure how secretive they are, is the OFC. They walk among us wearing their "I'm retired, no money, no boss, and I'm with stupid" shirts. They are a brazen bunch that go to Home Depot wearing hats that say "I have worms." Don't mess with them either. They've been known to bend over, fart, and holler out "who's there?"
They can be found in bingo parlors cursing when they don't win.

Last edited:
The only real society, and I'm not sure how secretive they are, is the OFC. They walk among us wearing their "I'm retired, no money, no boss, and I'm with stupid" shirts. They are a brazen bunch that go to Home Depot wearing hats that say "I have worms." Don't mess with them either. They've bend known to bend over, fart, and holler out "who's there?"
I represent those comments.
OFC

I represent those comments.
OFC

Me too. I don't shop at Home Depot. My hat is either a Duke hat, NY Yankee hat or Older Than Dirt hat that I picked up in Utah while visiting my son. My shirt says "I'm retired but have a part time job at home being a pain in the ass." I don't bend over we I fart I raise my leg and say "oh that's a sweet one." We are individuals and don't like being stereotyped Mac. :) OFC

The only real society, and I'm not sure how secretive they are, is the OFC. They walk among us wearing their "I'm retired, no money, no boss, and I'm with stupid" shirts. They are a brazen bunch that go to Home Depot wearing hats that say "I have worms." Don't mess with them either. They've bend known to bend over, fart, and holler out "who's there?"

Mac's just angry because we refused his membership before he reached age eligibility...

OFC

Me too. I don't shop at Home Depot. My hat is either a Duke hat, NY Yankee hat or Older Than Dirt hat that I picked up in Utah while visiting my son. My shirt says "I'm retired but have a part time job at home being a pain in the ass." I don't bend over we I fart I raise my leg and say "oh that's a sweet one." We are individuals and don't like being stereotyped Mac. :) OFC

Might I add that we are real and we are spectacular. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT