ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Random thoughts

Haha, just curious. Had extremely brief layover in Charlotte on the way down here and one on the way back today.

Just a random video in case you haven't seen. Maybe someone should sign this guy. He's pretty fast and also elusive and seems to be a crowd pleaser.:D OFC

You should post the one from Dancing with the stars.

Reactions: skysdad
I'm sitting here reading the only active thread it seems and a random thought just went through my head and I just can't wait until basketball season gets here. I guess the best thing I can do is just not read the thread but I love this board so much that I can't help it. OFC

Reactions: dbav
Tonight I was driving behind a 1940's Plymouth. Every time it stopped little red brake lights would come on. Then all of a sudden the driver sticks his left arm out the window and raises it to a square. then realize that he's giving a right turn signal. How cool is that. How many drivers actually know what to do if their turn signal lights are out. I thought to myself that this would be good to post on the random thoughts thread. OFC

Remember when Jim Thacker and Bones Mckinney did the "ACC Basketball Game of The Week?" We didnt get to see as much of our Blue Devils on the tube, and I relied on announcers like Ray Reeve and Ad Penfield to bring the games on the family radio in the den....Verga, Vacendak, Reidy, Marin and Lewis....No classier coach than Vic Bubas.. Just a random thought as we prepare to embark on a journey to #6....You youngsters would have enjoyed the Duke teams of the 60s...

OFC

Welcome my good friend! Good Times!!

OFC

I wonder how our current fan base would react to Bones McKinney and Jim Thacker commentating our games. I wonder if they would like them or totally disdain them. I can't see anyone having nothing but love for Bones. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
My dream is to hear Blackledge call one of our football games. He's the best in the business by far.

Danielson would be second choice.

I wonder how our current fan base would react to Bones McKinney and Jim Thacker commentating our games. I wonder if they would like them or totally disdain them. I can't see anyone having nothing but love for Bones. OFC

Thacker I will ALWAYS think of as the Voice of ACC BASKETBALL, and Bones as the best analyst...Bones NEVER talked down to the fans, nor was condescending in any respect..

Bones knew the game too! Good player in college and pros, successful coach at Wake, and I saw him accomplish a miracle- leading the Carolina Cougars of the old ABA to a .500 season in their first season!! There was no way NOT to like Horace "Bones" McKinney- warm and folksy aura on air was the same way in person!

OFC

This came from a thread on the College Basketball board. A poster started a thread asking for a couple of extra mods. There is also a thread about the Chinese spam going through most boards. I suggested they try to get Mike Irby since the unc boards haven't had any problems. The response to my post is a classic and I thought you guys might enjoy it.

skysdad said:
I suggest contacting Mike-Irby-USA who is a mod on the unc free boards tar heel radar, the blitz and out of the blue. Those boards are the only ones I know that haven't been Chinese spammed. He must be doing something right to keep the spam out.

tw3301 response below
Even the spammers can't stand gary7 so they stay away.

Who follows high school football and who do you follow. I follow my alma mater Western Alamance out of Elon, N.C. Right now they are 4-1.

This just randomly ran through my mind. Anybody know who Brandon Huffman is. OFC

Ate some pistachio nuts tonight and found myself fishing through the empty shells looking for every piece of nut I could find. Anyone else do this. OFC

Ate some pistachio nuts tonight and found myself fishing through the empty shells looking for every piece of nut I could find. Anyone else do this. OFC

Sky I sense a segue to another of your descriptions of foods...In this case it started with pistachio nuts.,..Sky please....take it away....." you got your peanuts, walnuts...

OFC

Sky I sense a segue to another of your descriptions of foods...In this case it started with pistachio nuts.,..Sky please....take it away....." you got your peanuts, walnuts...

OFC

LOL. I think I'll pass on this one. I irritated one of our posters about food. :D OFC

Thacker I will ALWAYS think of as the Voice of ACC BASKETBALL, and Bones as the best analyst...Bones NEVER talked down to the fans, nor was condescending in any respect..

Bones knew the game too! Good player in college and pros, successful coach at Wake, and I saw him accomplish a miracle- leading the Carolina Cougars of the old ABA to a .500 season in their first season!! There was no way NOT to like Horace "Bones" McKinney- warm and folksy aura on air was the same way in person!
Played in a golf tournament few years back with Billy Packer. He talked about Jim Thacker and Bones and how it was an accident he was ever on the telecast. He was ask to fill in at the last minute.
OFC

I was just wondering if this guy never recorded this song would this board be any different.

This random thought just ran through my head. What if all football players wore their hair like Colin Kaepernick would it eliminate concussions ? OFC

It was strange to me when I was young to want to stay up late at night, and never want to get up in the morning. Now that I'm older, it's the opposite. Things will never quite be as fun.

Random thought, I feel bad for schools like St. Francis or any other major university that may have had the initials STFU.

Last edited:
Why is it called a technical foul? Is there some sort of mechanical malfunction required?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT