ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Myrtle Beach

DiehardDukeFan4Life

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 21, 2011
Has anyone heard about the recent shootings that have been happening at Myrtle Beach? I’ve read several different articles and there have been 4 different shootings over the last 2 weekends and they’ve all been gang related shootings. Sorry for not posting any links but if you do a search, you’ll find several different articles taking about the shootings. My family is supposed to be going to Myrtle Beach in July but all these shootings is making me think we might need to consider canceling our trip to Myrtle Beach and just go somewhere else.

I was there two years ago for a Ripken tournament..it happened to be during a motorcycle gathering...noisy through all hour of the night...I don’t know that I necessarily felt unsafe but it was nothing like the MB I remember in my youth and not a “pleasant” experience.

Reactions: geddoughton23
I was there two years ago for a Ripken tournament..it happened to be during a motorcycle gathering...noisy through all hour of the night...I don’t know that I necessarily felt unsafe but it was nothing like the MB I remember in my youth and not a “pleasant” experience.
It sounds like you were there during Bike Week.

Has anyone heard about the recent shootings that have been happening at Myrtle Beach? I’ve read several different articles and there have been 4 different shootings over the last 2 weekends and they’ve all been gang related shootings. Sorry for not posting any links but if you do a search, you’ll find several different articles taking about the shootings. My family is supposed to be going to Myrtle Beach in July but all these shootings is making me think we might need to consider canceling our trip to Myrtle Beach and just go somewhere else.
As long as you don’t holla at someone’s girl or take part in a drug deal you should be fine

Reactions: geddoughton23
We used to go to Myrtle Beach all the time. It just kept changing and not for the better. The family feel was gone.

Rumor is that there are different types of shells on the beaches besides seashells. OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
The worst thing is that all of these shootings that are happening at Myrtle Beach are being done by rival gang members that aren’t even from Myrtle Beach. They’re going to Myrtle Beach from other areas in South Carolina to have these shootouts.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke83
Please don't shoot the messenger. My great friend who came out twenty years ago said that the keys were just "too gay" for him.

We had some friends that witnessed a shooting this weekend at MB. It is sad. MB used to be the place that Seniors enjoyed. Don't guess my kids will get to enjoy such things. Amazing how much our country has changed in the last 15 years.

If you want to hit up the strip and feel safe you have to leave around noon or a little after before the dumbasses wake up.

If you're going to MB go to North Myrtle Beach. A little quieter and cleaner.
I agree North Myrtle Beach is much quieter but unfortunately at least 1 of the shootings happened in North Myrtle Beach about a mile from the place that my family has stayed at each of the last 2 years.

DiehardDukefan4life, they caught the 6 idiots responsible for that, thank God. We'll be staying at Oceans One in a couple of weeks. Also pop in and check us out. Hit my sig up.
That’s the one bright side about those shootings, suspects have been arrested in connection to each shooting.

Reactions: Showenuff
Nobody's gonna mess with you anyway, you've got all those fancy knives!

DiehardDukefan4life, they caught the 6 idiots responsible for that, thank God. We'll be staying at Oceans One in a couple of weeks. Also pop in and check us out. Hit my sig up.
This site is pretty good from what I've heard. It looks pretty legit.

Reactions: QC Dukie
When are you going? Where you staying?

It’s yet to be determined but there’s been talk among my family that we might end up cancelling our trip to Myrtle Beach because there have been numerous reports that they’ve had a spike in coronavirus cases recently and there’s also been other problems going on at Myrtle Beach. I also read that they’re imposing a 9pm curfew on the weekends where all business and attractions will have to close and Ocean Boulevard will also be closed. The article I read said that they’re imposing the curfew on weekends that they’re referring to as “extraordinary events” specifically holiday weekends. There will be a a 9pm curfew every weekend leading up to July 4th weekend and also during Labor Day weekend and the article also said that the 9pm weekend curfew could be extended through September 6th. It’s going to suck if we end up cancelling our trip because there’s a knife shop at Myrtle Beach that I was planning to check out while we were there and there’s also a beef jerky store that I was planning to buy some beef jerky from.

Reactions: Willcampbell
It’s yet to be determined but there’s been talk among my family that we might end up cancelling our trip to Myrtle Beach because there have been numerous reports that they’ve had a spike in coronavirus cases recently and there’s also been other problems going on at Myrtle Beach. I also read that they’re imposing a 9pm curfew on the weekends where all business and attractions will have to close and Ocean Boulevard will also be closed. The article I read said that they’re imposing the curfew on weekends that they’re referring to as “extraordinary events” specifically holiday weekends. There will be a a 9pm curfew every weekend leading up to July 4th weekend and also during Labor Day weekend and the article also said that the 9pm weekend curfew could be extended through September 6th. It’s going to suck if we end up cancelling our trip because there’s a knife shop at Myrtle Beach that I was planning to check out while we were there and there’s also a beef jerky store that I was planning to buy some beef jerky from.
They are probably out of knives anyway. Try to buy a gun or ammo lately? Jerky? maybe.
OFC

Reactions: kingbluedevil
They are probably out of knives anyway. Try to buy a gun or ammo lately? Jerky? maybe.
OFC
I doubt that they’re out of knives lol but a friend of mine told me that her son was at Myrtle Beach last week and he told her that a lot of the shops/stores at Broadway at the Beach were closed when he was there and I’ve got a feeling that it’s probably the same at Barefoot Landing which is where the knife shop is that I was planning to go to, so the knife shop and even the beef jerky place might not even be open when we go.

Last edited:
I doubt that they’re out of knives lol but a friend of mine told me that he her son was at Myrtle Beach last week and he told her that a lot of the shops/stores at Broadway at the Beach were closed when he was there and I’ve got a feeling that it’s probably the same at Barefoot Landing which is where the knife shop is that I was planning to go to, so the knife shop and even the beef jerky place might not even be open when we go.
We like the barefoot landing area.

I have relatives who live in Barefoot Landing. Some of the restaurants are closing because of positive tests among employees. They aren't even going to the beach.

I have relatives who live in Barefoot Landing. Some of the restaurants are closing because of positive tests among employees. They aren't even going to the beach.
I’m starting to get a feeling that we’re going to end up either cancelling our trip or at least postponing it which sucks but it might be the best idea because I’ve been dealing with some minor health issues and catching Covid-19/Coronavirus could make those minor issues worse. I can’t remember where my mom said that my dad heard it...it might’ve been on the news but she said he told her that a group of 45 people recently went to Myrtle Beach and 14 of them tested positive for Covid-19/Coronavirus after they got back from Myrtle Beach. Also I don’t really want to spend a ton of money if we’re going to have to end up spending most of our vacation just sitting around the condo watching tv when we can do that home for a lot less.

Reactions: skysdad
I’m starting to get a feeling that we’re going to end up either cancelling our trip or at least postponing it which sucks but it might be the best idea because I’ve been dealing with some minor health issues and catching Covid-19/Coronavirus could make those minor issues worse. I can’t remember where my mom said that my dad heard it...it might’ve been on the news but she said he told her that a group of 45 people recently went to Myrtle Beach and 14 of them tested positive for Covid-19/Coronavirus after they got back from Myrtle Beach. Also I don’t really want to spend a ton of money if we’re going to have to end up spending most of our vacation just sitting around the condo watching tv when we can do that home for a lot less.

Good decision. OFC

Good decision. OFC
It hasn’t been decided yet. It depends on what my family decides to discuss it and what they decide to do. If we end up cancelling our trip, it’ll be the first time that we haven’t went anywhere on vacation since I was a kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT