ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Grayson’s Draft Combine Measurements Question..

Buzzooka Joe

Cameron Crazy
Feb 20, 2006
I’ve been obsessively analyzing the Draft Combine measurements.. someone help me answer this..

Grayson and I are the exact same height without shoes (6’3”) and we have the exact same hand length (8.25”).. but his wingspan is significant longer than mine.. his is 6’7.25” and mine is maybe 6’4” on a good day..

But our standing reach is the exact same (8’1”).. Can someone explain how that is possible?

Sorry about the odd question, but I get real OCD about official measurements like this.

My guess is you’re not measuring standing reach the same way the NBA does.
From the pictures I saw, it looks like they stand flat foot and just reach up with one hand as high as they can, which is how my standing reach was measured.

The only logical explanation I can think of is Gragson’s shoulders are much more broad than mine, and that is what attributes to his longer wingspan.. so it’s not him having longer arms.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I’ve been obsessively analyzing the Draft Combine measurements.. someone help me answer this..

Grayson and I are the exact same height without shoes (6’3”) and we have the exact same hand length (8.25”).. but his wingspan is significant longer than mine.. his is 6’7.25” and mine is maybe 6’4” on a good day..

But our standing reach is the exact same (8’1”).. Can someone explain how that is possible?

Sorry about the odd question, but I get real OCD about official measurements like this.

What is your standing vertical:) OFC?

Reactions: FrenchDevil
I’m 31 years old now, so I’m probably only jumping an inch or 2 higher than Grayson now.. back when I was 22, my standing vertical was probably higher than his max running vertical :D

That's impressive. I believe my max was 12" back in the day but it's down to about 2 or 3 inches now. LOL. OFC

Reactions: dukesince91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT