ADVERTISEMENT

OT: For OFC guys mainly but if you young guys can relate jump right in.

Getting back on topic.

Falling asleep in the checkout line at Walmart. OFC

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Falling asleep in the fast food drive thru. OFC

Walking around a parking lot looking for where you parked your car. People know what you are doing. OFC

This is a great thread.

I am not a member of the OFC (I will be 30 in July), but nowadays I cannot have more than one beer without waking up the next morning with a headache. Gone are the days of staying out drinking until 2 a.m. and being a productive member of society the next day.
I know exactly what you mean. I was in my mid 30's when I started getting to the point where I couldn't drink as much as I used to and still be able to function the next day. I'll be 41 in December and after a night of drinking it takes me at least a day to recover and sometimes a couple days depending on how much I drink which is why I only go out one night a week these days because I just can't recover as quick as I once could.

Reactions: MSUbluedevil
All sorts of new farts . Walking farts. Had them tonight. Any of you ever have weed eater farts. You know the one's that sound like a weed eater on idle. OFC

All sorts of new farts . Walking farts. Had them tonight. Any of you ever have weed eater farts. You know the one's that sound like a weed eater on idle. OFC
Sky I think you are one of the best posters on this site sir but to take a line from you when we're comparing farts with weedeaters it's time to find something else to talk about. Lol

Sky I think you are one of the best posters on this site sir but to take a line from you when we're comparing farts with weedeaters it's time to find something else to talk about. Lol

Sorry but it is in line with the thread and my wife is the one who compared it to a weed eater idling. OFC

A couple of things:
1. I found myself being very aware of eating enough fiber....and however much I'm eating doesn't seem enough.
2. Looking at gas prices...drove me b@t sh!t crazy when my dad would drive across town to save $0.05 on a gallon of gas...now I just find myself driving across town.

Reactions: wormyone42
I turn 40 next month. I'm not an OFC yet, but I find myself slowly turning into my dad....and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. He's a bit of a curmudgeon....and I find myself being like that too.

I attempted retirement from amateur baseball seven years ago and failed. This upcoming summer WILL be my last....at least that's what my wife tells me. My mind is still pretty sharp, but the last few seasons have been tougher on me physically. Last year stretching for a ball at first caused a pulled hamstring. A bruise from an 80 mph fastball to my thigh took over a month to disappear. I watch some of these young guys swing and run so effortlessly....makes me wonder how it all went by so fast.

After thinking about it for some time, I believe that BEING AN ADULT is one of the DUMBEST things I have ever done! :D
Go Duke!
OFC

Never had one of those Sky, cause I DON'T FART - sometimes I whisper in my pants. . . and sometimes it's a SCREAM! :)
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: skysdad
You know you're getting older when you bend down to pick something up and you look around while you're down there in case there's something else you need.

When you have several grunts. Getting out of a chair grunt, bend over grunt, getting off the floor grunt which is made after a bend over grunt where you just keep going down until you are in the floor in which there is a groan between the grunts. getting out of a car grunt and a sitting down grunt which is really a sigh. OFC

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Walking around a parking lot looking for where you parked your car. Everyone knows what you are doing. OFC

Reactions: LTDukeFan
A friend of mine told me the other day that he did 100 push-ups, 200 sit-ups, and ran 2 miles before breakfast! He asked me what I had done, and I told him that I read Dear Abby, got up too fast, and almost fainted. :)
Go Duke!
OFC

When you are a member of OFC and forget to put OFC at the end of your post.

Walking around in a parking lot looking for where you parked your car. People know what you are doing. OFC

I turn 40 next month. I'm not an OFC yet, but I find myself slowly turning into my dad....and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. He's a bit of a curmudgeon....and I find myself being like that too.

I attempted retirement from amateur baseball seven years ago and failed. This upcoming summer WILL be my last....at least that's what my wife tells me. My mind is still pretty sharp, but the last few seasons have been tougher on me physically. Last year stretching for a ball at first caused a pulled hamstring. A bruise from an 80 mph fastball to my thigh took over a month to disappear. I watch some of these young guys swing and run so effortlessly....makes me wonder how it all went by so fast.
dukiejay I played baseball from age 8 until age 25 then payed softball for 10 or so years then quit everything until I turned 50. Tried to play softball again and could hardly even hit the softball. Very frustrating to lose your timing even swinging a bat at a silly little round ball wrapped in leather.

Watching reruns after reruns of old television shows like Matlock, The Big Valley, Gunsmoke and Bonanza and still don't know how they are going to turn out. OFC

Last edited:
I used to love to exercise, but since I have grown older it has become harder to get motivated. Now, I call my toilet a JIM instead of a JOHN. That way it sounds better when I say, " I went to the JIM first thing this morning"! :)
Go Duke!
OFC

I used to love to exercise, but since I have grown older it has become harder to get motivated. Now, I call my toilet a JIM instead of a JOHN. That way it sounds better when I say, " I went to the JIM first thing this morning"! :)
Go Duke!
OFC

LOL. OFC

Walking around in a parking lot looking for where you parked your car. People know what you are doing. OFC

Sky you already posted that on April 22nd. You forgot didn't you? Or did you say that again on purpose?;)

Reactions: skysdad
For any of the younger posters that may read this, always remember what this OF is saying, cause you may say the same thing one day soon: I thought GROWING OLD would take longer. :eek:
Go Duke!
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT