ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Message Board Cliches

OT and not making a thread. but how dumb is the Raptor trade? I mean besides the obvious 1 year rental Lebron was their kryptonite. He left then you break up the team?. ...not to mention the health concerns still. 1st round pick too!!? So much imo makes no sense . Now you lose both next year along with a 1st..... Possibly win and think rebuild? Even with Kawhi your not winning and you lost a 1st!!! ....So what the heck are they doing?!
I think it was a smart gamble. For one, if Kawhi is healthy and "Kawhi" again, then I think they are now co-favorites in the East, along with Boston and Philly. Possibly Toronto #1, people forgot Kawhi was the 2nd best player in the world 2 seasons ago. Yes, he was better than KD by just about every statistical measure.
They weren't gonna beat Boston/Philly by rolling back the same team they have always had.

Also...it's Toronto, not a free-agent destination at all. The only way Toronto is getting a superstar is via a risky trade or the draft. Not only do they get a year with Kawhi (and they are hoping he resigns there, I doubt he will) but it also keeps Kawhi AWAY FROM PHILLY AND BOSTON. Basically it's a double-win.

Reactions: Willcampbell
Even on the none nba threads we’re still talking about nba.......smh

I agree 100% Kawhi will be there for one season only,he's a free agent next year and wants to be in L.A. Demar signed a long term contract back in 2016,he and his family love Toronto and he stated that he wanted to play his entire career there bad move by the raptors in my opinion

You're only saying that because you're Canadian! :)

I think it was a smart gamble. For one, if Kawhi is healthy and "Kawhi" again, then I think they are now co-favorites in the East, along with Boston and Philly. Possibly Toronto #1, people forgot Kawhi was the 2nd best player in the world 2 seasons ago. Yes, he was better than KD by just about every statistical measure.
They weren't gonna beat Boston/Philly by rolling back the same team they have always had.

Also...it's Toronto, not a free-agent destination at all. The only way Toronto is getting a superstar is via a risky trade or the draft. Not only do they get a year with Kawhi (and they are hoping he resigns there, I doubt he will) but it also keeps Kawhi AWAY FROM PHILLY AND BOSTON. Basically it's a double-win.
They could have continued building though the draft. People forget who keeps beating the raptors in the playoffs. Lebron was the only thing stopping them before lol. They just playing for the East? You basically swapped 2 all stars with one who doesn’t want to even be there for a year, and one who wanted to end his career there, and throw away your future in my mind . I think it’s a horrible move, and are in the same position they were in, just without a future now.... Maybe they could of got a FA next year to add to a group that wasn’t getting stopped by anybody but Lebron anyeay. Got a good draft pick. Regardless they ain’t beating the Warriors so why do anything this year? They should of took there chances without Lebron in the East. To me the only way you could make a move like this is if you thought you could beat the Warriors this year ....If they do they’re dumb. If they don’t they are even dumber . Even if he resigns in my mind your still a player away!!....without a 1st. Maybe get a FA next year to join??? I don’t know the cap situation. To me this is a lose lose situation baring the near impossible, and some shocking things coming. The whole gamble is based on just coming out the East! and all that near impossible stuff happening. ... you said it’s hard to get a FA to come to Toronto. I think their thinking all boils down to $$$$. Lol just my opinion. Great for the Spurs! They maybe could have waited and got more???

Last edited:
I know Kawhi is better, and i still have the Celtics! Lol

Last edited:
You're only saying that because you're Canadian! :)
There is some truth to this! I'm a Celtic fan,but the Rapors are my #2.My beef is they trade away an allstar who WANTS TO BE THERE for a guy with injury and attitude problems,who does not want to be there,so which Leonard do they get for one season? The one who's one of the top 3 players in the game,or the one who does not want to be there...unfortunately,i'm predicting the latter

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS and dbav
He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT