ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Message Board Cliches

The mod knew where this thread would go. Come on. I'm not saying anything bad at all, but I'm sure he knew when he started this thread bickering would happen. Everyone knew it. It wasn't a cheap shot at a mod.

No the mod did not know where this thread would go. He certainly didn't think it would go in the direction it has taken. We posters control that. It seems just about every thread now is going that way and there is a poster that seems to get it started. You suggested to Show to let's move on. Do it. I think the best thing is for you and Show is just to ignore each other. It's obvious there's a conflict. Show's a friend of mine whom I respect very much but he's gonna stand his ground. He needs to be a regular here and I hope he doesn't shut it down so just leave him be. I don't care who starts it just don't communicate with each other. No excuses just stop it. I'm no mod and have no desire to be one and this is one of the reasons. I'm tired of good threads getting locked up. Mac you have made many great post but sometimes I question who you really are and I'm sorry I feel that way. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: dukesince91
Some posters go to great lengths. Trolls come in many flavors. Just look at a posters overall body of work, therein lies the answer.

No the mod did not know where this thread would go. He certainly didn't think it would go in the direction it has taken. We posters control that. It seems just about every thread now is going that way and there is a common poster that seems to get it started. You suggested to Show to let's move on. Do it. I think the best thing is for you and Show is just to ignore each other. It's obvious ther's a conflict. Show's a friend of mine whom I respect very much but he's gonna stand his ground. He needs to be a regular here and I hope he doesn't shut it down so just leave him be. I don't care who starts it just don't communicate with each other. No excuses just stop it. I'm no mod and have no desire to be one and this is one of the reasons. I'm tired of good threads getting locked up. Mac you have made many great post but sometimes I question who you really are and I'm sorry I feel that way. OFC
Whoa Sky, whoa. I've never said anything to you, and I don't know where you come off getting into this. Show has been a bully to many, curses a lot, but he's been here for a while, so he's given a pass.
There's a lot longer list of posters I've not had run ins with, versus posters I do. This wouldn't be a problem if I agreed with Show and some others. But sorry pal, I can't. Some of the talk here is no way a representation of living where I live and all the Duke fans I'm around. 99.9 percent of the Duke fans I live around are very frustrated with the last couple of seasons. Then some on here continue to pump sunshine. What's wrong with being cautiously optimistic Sky? Never have I said we would stink this season. But, because I don't predict a final four or number 6, it's created this divide. That's the truth.
This thread was bound to go south. You were hoping it wouldn't, but it is too loaded of a topic, and people's statements came to being posted.

Reactions: skysdad
Whoa Sky, whoa. I've never said anything to you, and I don't know where you come off getting into this. Show has been a bully to many, curses a lot, but he's been here for a while, so he's given a pass.
There's a lot longer list of posters I've not had run ins with, versus posters I do. This wouldn't be a problem if I agreed with Show and some others. But sorry pal, I can't. Some of the talk here is no way a representation of living where I live and all the Duke fans I'm around. 99.9 percent of the Duke fans I live around are very frustrated with the last couple of seasons. Then some on here continue to pump sunshine. What's wrong with being cautiously optimistic Sky? Never have I said we would stink this season. But, because I don't predict a final four or number 6, it's created this divide. That's the truth.
This thread was bound to go south. You were hoping it wouldn't, but it is too loaded of a topic, and people's statements came to being posted.

It is what it is. OFC

Show's a friend of mine whom I respect very much but he's gonna stand his ground. He needs to be a regular here and I hope he doesn't shut it down so just leave him be. I don't care who starts it just don't communicate with each other. No excuses just stop it. I'm no mod and have no desire to be one and this is one of the reasons. I'm tired of good threads getting locked up. Mac you have made many great post but sometimes I question who you really are and I'm sorry I feel that way. OFC

Sky please I think of you as a friend though we've never met. I feel like I know you and have great respect for you and your Duke loyalty and knowledge for all Duke sports.

However please take it easy on Mac(likewise I have never met him but we communicate and I stake my entire DUKE LIFE on his authenticity as DUKE DIEHARD!)
He and former Duke basketball player Howard Hurt live close to one another, and they have shared many a conversation about Duke basketball and the man Howard played for at Duke: the great and late Vic Bubas.Mac previously forwarded me a picture of him and Howard together at Mac's business. Howard is getting on up there, but still sharp and he and Mac rehash every Duke game together.Mac's on our team my friend, just like yourself!

#Duke4Life

OFC

This thread is really hard to follow thanks to the ignore function. Show, you should try it. I have 0 people on the main board on ignore but 3 on the home board. So sad.

Sky please I think of you as a friend though we've never met. I feel like I know you and have great respect for you and your Duke loyalty and knowledge for all Duke sports.

However please take it easy on Mac(likewise I have never met him but we communicate and I stake my entire DUKE LIFE on his authenticity as DUKE DIEHARD!)
He and former Duke basketball player Howard Hurt live close to one another, and they have shared many a conversation about Duke basketball and the man Howard played for at Duke: the great and late Vic Bubas.Mac previously forwarded me a picture of him and Howard together at Mac's business. Howard is getting on up there, but still sharp and he and Mac rehash every Duke game together.Mac's on our team my friend, just like yourself!

#Duke4Life

OFC

Ok here goes. I hate conflict and confrontation. Always have. Seems like we have a lot lately so when I saw the title of this thread I was looking forward to fun and unc bashing as well as making fun of ourselves. My wife reminded me before this post of how I hate confrontation. To use one of my own cliche's I can't help it. It's my nature so I do try to avoid conflict and I don't like seeing it among all of you. While taking in the fact about me and conflict if I'm backed into a corner I will fight to the end but it takes a lot. My wife also thinks I'm addicted to this board and that's true also. It has been therapeutic to me. A good friend of mine has told me that a big weakness of mine is I try to please everyone which of course is impossible. He's right of course. I love posting here and talking about Duke athletics and having fun with all of you. I hope you understand me a little better now and why I react the way I do when I see what I perceive as conflict appear here. We all stand on common ground in the fact we are Duke fans. I just think we can do a better job as posters than we have recently. GO DUKE. Looking forward to football. Can't wait until basketball. GO DUKE. I am what I am cause I am what I am. OFC

Ok mac see my above post. Hope it makes you understand me a little better. OFC

Ok mac see my above post. Hope it makes you understand me a little better. OFC
Thanks Sky. I think you're a really good Duke fan, and probably a better man. We just don't see eye to eye completely about Duke. That's ok though.
You have never started a debate, once engaged, I have a hard time forgetting. Most of what was posted today stems from earier threads. This board used to be therapeutic to me as well, but not lately. That's on no one but me. I have let a few get under my skin after this past season.

I spoke to a good friend of mine after work, who happens to be a Hole fan.
Never thought I would ever say this, but other than liking 2 different teams, we agreed more with each other than I have lately with my own fan base. In all my years as a Duke fan, this is a first.

As sky’s put it, I don’t back down. I’ll let everyone see what’s real and bow out. I’m tired of ruining threads because of one person me and several others know has an agenda. You’ll get to swallow it very soon in the first game thread where we are getting throttled. I’m a real person, and I will talk to you exactly to your face as I post here. I don’t hide behind a keyboard. I love Duke, defend it every day. I grow tired of hearing a poster cry about we don’t understand what it’s like having to deal with UNC fans in his area. Give me a fugging break. 90% of my friends are Heel fans, cry me a river. Stick with your word, don’t tell me 6 different things so you can hit one and be right. Duke is an amazing phenomenon, I’ve supported since I was a kid. Through the fire. I know posters as well. I know imposters too. I’m not the only one who’s picked up the scent here. Up to the rest of you. Spot the cuddle then jab techniques, they are so lame. Sorry Skysdad, hope we can get back to where we were here. I’ll do my best.

As sky’s put it, I don’t back down. I’ll let everyone see what’s real and bow out. I’m tired of ruining threads because of one person me and several others know has an agenda. You’ll get to swallow it very soon in the first game thread where we are getting throttled. I’m a real person, and I will talk to you exactly to your face as I post here. I don’t hide behind a keyboard. I love Duke, defend it every day. I grow tired of hearing a poster cry about we don’t understand what it’s like having to deal with UNC fans in his area. Give me a fugging break. 90% of my friends are Heel fans, cry me a river. Stick with your word, don’t tell me 6 different things so you can hit one and be right. Duke is an amazing phenomenon, I’ve supported since I was a kid. Through the fire. I know posters as well. I know imposters too. I’m not the only one who’s picked up the scent here. Up to the rest of you. Spot the cuddle then jab techniques, they are so lame. Sorry Skysdad, hope we can get back to where we were here. I’ll do my best.

Love you Show. OFC

Reactions: Showenuff
As sky’s put it, I don’t back down. I’ll let everyone see what’s real and bow out. I’m tired of ruining threads because of one person me and several others know has an agenda.

I wanted to talk about the gentleman who allegedly "has an agenda." Mac is my friend, and I respect the previous poster's passion for Duke. I have that same passion as a life long Blue Devil follower like Show and Sky-another person who I can call a friend.

Mac has the same burning desire for the Blue Devils. I've never met him, but thru this board we became close friends and talk frequently about our Devils. Mac's only downfall is he may care TOO MUCH about our boys from Durham- just like myself...

However let me dispel the false narrative of Mac "has an agenda."Mac attended 3 games in CIS this past season. The first(exhibition game)he attended with a friend. He was later invited by an Iron Duke of 30 years (who is a well known PREMIUM board poster) to the Elon game.

Later in the year, former Blue Devil guard Howard Hurt (played in 60's under Vic Bubas) secured two tickets thru his daughter in the Duke ticket office for Mac to attend the Pitt game. Mac sat courtside behind the Duke cheerleaders with his partially handicapped 10 year old daughter.He sent me a pic of him and his daughter from their seats.Both had smiles bigger than life to be in Cameron and just next to the side K and the players come out.

The Premium Board member I mentioned and Mac's close friend Howard Hurt are smart enough to sniff out "an agenda." As I said yesterday, Mac's one of us- he simply takes off the Duke blinders, and is a straight shooter, granted probably too strong for a board where many see things entirely different. (I acknowledge I am much the same way at times). However thats beside the point. My mission is simply dispel the false narrative my friend has an agenda. As I said yesterday, Mac's one of us.Rant over and thanks for taking time to read this counterpoint view and THE TRUTH....

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: dukehokie
Hahaha how did you decide on that new avatar
His names Duke and likes beans! Haha that’s pretty much it. Thought it was funny. He’s got a twin brother named Blue. Oh my Gf wants to name our soon to be son Grayson.....It’s getting a little wierd and too much hahaha.

His names Duke and likes beans! Haha that’s pretty much it. Thought it was funny. He’s got a twin brother named Blue. Oh my Gf wants to name our soon to be son Grayson.....It’s getting a little wierd and too much hahaha.
Unfortunately Duke passed away about a week ago:(

Ipsy, we had a cat EXACTLY like that one but lost her recently, 14 years old!

Sorry to hear that:( I’ve become more of a cat person then dogs.....my gf did it! Least I got to name them.

Always been a dog guy, hated cats, until I married. That cat just grew on me. And now, our new member/replacement, is probably the coolest cat on earth. It's unreal how smart this damn cat is.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Bush makes good beans for sure, I still add a squirt of mustard, ketchup, braggs vinegar and a lil brown sugar. Thats the stuff.

Always been a dog guy, hated cats, until I married. That cat just grew on me. And now, our new member/replacement, is probably the coolest cat on earth. It's unreal how smart this damn cat is.
I was the same way ha hated them . Now I like them. Mine fetches balls , rolls around with the dogs, eats like a dog, he thinks he’s a dog! The other just likes to go outside and hunt bugs.

Think cats and I relate. We both like to hunt, and like beans hahaha .
Used to make beans all of the time, delicious, and can add whatever you want to them. Spicy mustard, hot sauce, bacon, whatever. One time an old roommate bought a can of Bush’s, i wasn’t home and he asked me how to cook them. I asked him if he knew where the can opener was, and said when you find it you’re done.

"Quinn Cook shouldn't be on the court. He can't shoot." OFC

Reactions: dbav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT