ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Message Board Cliches

Saying you would prefer 2-3 one and done's to blend with experience, then getting accused of being anti one and done. Or then being put on the spot to pick a newbie that you wouldn't have taken because some Socrates took their shoes off and determined that is over your preferred number for one and done's.

LOL, it's hard to "blend" incoming talent with 4 year veterans when you don't have any knucka. Maybe we should just sit down in the middle of the road and cry we want the old days back?

Reactions: skysdad
LOL, it's hard to "blend" incoming talent with 4 year veterans when you don't have any
That was my whole point Socrates. We have no veterans. You catch on, really slow, but you do catch on eventually. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is your ability to grasp.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Did you call me Socrates? Aren't you the guy petitioning against silly name calling?

Reactions: Quavarius
That was my whole point Socrates. We have no veterans. You catch on, really slow, but you do catch on eventually. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is your ability to grasp.

Soooo, we have no veterans, but you want to only blend a couple of one and dones with veteran talent. Are you seeing how stupid you look right now? I mean, CAN you even see, or do you just like to talk to listen to yourself? You're so into getting in the next cool name to call me you don't even realize how stupid you truly look. It's kinda embarrassing dude. Seriously. I TOLD you not many of us like the one and done situation anymore but it's simply the nature of the beast as we no longer HAVE 4 year veterans. YET, you only want to recruit 2 or 3 five stars, and blend them in. Into what you hard headed fool? now you're saying i just caught on? You really are 3 sandwiches short of a picnic hoss.

Did you call me Socrates? Aren't you the guy petitioning against silly name calling?
Whoa Show. This thread was started by a mod, and everyone knew where this thread was headed. This thread was put out there for this very reason, and you and I gave them what was wanted.
It's no secret, I for the most part disagree with you and a few others on this board. The only thing we have in common is we pull for the same team. That's it. Other than that, I couldn't disagree with some others on here more than I disagree with Tar Hole fans.

I'd love to talk with you in person. I picture the "Trinity is still my name" slap scene for some reason.

Reactions: dukesince91
You gotta give up your hard on for the mods dude. they aren't out to get you, but i'm sure they're extremely tired of your BS.

1. Take the talent and figure it out.
2. Duke is filling up the NBA with lottery picks.
3. The staff must feel he's not ready. Love it when said bench player fills in then for a player either injured or foul plagued, and does a solid job.
4. Calipari chokes in the tournament, yet when Duke falls short, the old line "well it's so hard to win a single elimination tournament." This is where some of being a little blind cause of the goggles comes in.
5. So and so is gonna be such a great nba player. This all while season is being played and team is not dominating.

Notice nobody liked your first 5 offerings? Probably because folks here are catching on to your agenda. It's tired now.

Soooo, we have no veterans, but you want to only blend a couple of one and dones with veteran talent. Are you seeing how stupid you look right now? I mean, CAN you even see, or do you just like to talk to listen to yourself? You're so into getting in the next cool name to call me you don't even realize how stupid you truly look. It's kinda embarrassing dude. Seriously. I TOLD you not many of us like the one and done situation anymore but it's simply the nature of the beast as we no longer HAVE 4 year veterans. YET, you only want to recruit 2 or 3 five stars, and blend them in. Into what you hard headed fool? now you're saying i just caught on? You really are 3 sandwiches short of a picnic hoss.
Show, I know you rode the short bus, but if you're gonna disagree with me, at least be up to speed. Where have I ever said you liked the one and done? Where?
I have said I would prefer only 2-3 one and done's. K chose to replace 4 freshmen with potentially 4 one and done's. Maybe it works this season. This is not a typical season though. This may be the first time since the Johnny Dawkins led team where the leader spot is so wide open. He caused this. We are where we are because he took Bagley late. Yeah, I know you disagree, but I don't care. That's how I feel. He sacrificed his bench development when he grabbed Marvin. Most agree, I don't. Now we are hoping Bolden and Delaurier are productive. But we aren't confident they will be because we haven't seen them a lot.
The question that I have is how much time will the returning guys not named Bolden or O'Connell get?
I stand by my claim, this is going to be a talented group, but I think lack of experience does us in.

did you NOT just post that a mod only made this thread to bait us into conflict? Was that you or your other identity?

Gosh Show, Mac held you in the same regard as a Greek philosopher-rareified air my man!
You're REALLY weird dude, you LITERALLY post stuff, then act like you didn't. It's almost scary.

Show why dont you get back to the topic at hand, "cliches" rather than personal attacks dude.....
did you NOT just post that a mod only made this thread to bait us into conflict? Was that you or your other identity?

Certainly seems to have baited you Show. However, I think its a cool thread....

OFC

The mod knew where this thread would go. Come on. I'm not saying anything bad at all, but I'm sure he knew when he started this thread bickering would happen. Everyone knew it. It wasn't a cheap shot at a mod.

Show, let's just agree that you and I disagree and move on. You don't like me and I ain't gonna lie, you want be getting a christmas card from me either.
Have a good day.

Show, let's just agree that you and I disagree and move on. You don't like me and I ain't gonna lie, you want be getting a christmas card from me either.
Have a good day.

Good solid post, and best way to move forward sir!

OFC

Being told something about looking up in the forest and seeing the trees.
Being called Socrates.
Being called Grasshopper.
Being told to pay close attention because I’m assumed to be illiterate.

Reactions: Showenuff and dbav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT