ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Message Board Cliches

timo0402

Feb 24, 2009
Let's have a little fun this week. What are some of your favorite message board cliche's? A couple of my all time favorites (as many know) are:

1. "Recruiting Over" - this will always be number one in my heart.
2. "not enough balls to go around" another classic.
3. "insert team colored shades" to describe a homer.
4. "Dribble Drive" how else are you supposed to drive?

Alright, I got the proverbial ball rolling. Let's have your favorites.

1. Take the talent and figure it out.
2. Duke is filling up the NBA with lottery picks.
3. The staff must feel he's not ready. Love it when said bench player fills in then for a player either injured or foul plagued, and does a solid job.
4. Calipari chokes in the tournament, yet when Duke falls short, the old line "well it's so hard to win a single elimination tournament." This is where some of being a little blind cause of the goggles comes in.
5. So and so is gonna be such a great nba player. This all while season is being played and team is not dominating.

A very true cliche, or line, is the "we only have one basketball to go around." The college game is 40 minutes, with 30 second shot clock, while the nba plays 48 minutes and has 24 second shot clock.

Last edited:
This guy's a once in a generational talent! Got to have him. We are going to stomp their a**!! We will be fine, just young, it's just growing pains. Everyone please remain calm. Once March rolls around we will be unstoppable!

Then when the season's over, this line right here may be the most classic yet. "This next bunch coming in fits K's style a little better." Barrett will be the best player in the country, Tre Jones will have a big brother kind of ncaa tournament, K will get title 6! This all being said before we've played a game.

You can't make this stuff up.

This guy's a once in a generational talent! Got to have him. We are going to stomp their a**!! We will be fine, just young, it's just growing pains. Everyone please remain calm. Once March rolls around we will be unstoppable!

Then when the season's over, this line right here may be the most classic yet. "This next bunch coming in fits K's style a little better." Barrett will be the best player in the country, Tre Jones will have a big brother kind of ncaa tournament, K will get title 6! This all being said before we've played a game.

You can't make this stuff up.

True...its been said here... I hope like HECK its true, and "K will get title 6" next year, or at least we crack the final 4!

OFC

Now this is a cool thread!

G6UrKg4.jpg

OFC

Saying you would prefer 2-3 one and done's to blend with experience, then getting accused of being anti one and done. Or then being put on the spot to pick a newbie that you wouldn't have taken because some Socrates took their shoes off and determined that is over your preferred number for one and done's.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT