ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Charlottesville

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the heck was I supposed to know what you were referring to. Thanks for clearing that up. OK, maybe the word "mantra" was not exactly accurate, but what is accurate is that the quoted language was used by BLM supporters at a rally in Minneapolis.
It was used by a handful of people participating in a march where BLM was among the prominent organizers. They don't check marchers' credentials and confirm they're card-carrying members before they're allowed to participate.

Just like when a white police officer does something wrong, all police officers get blamed, even the African-American officers.
Okay... and then they finish their shift, take off the uniform, and live other parts of their lives. Can't do that w/ skin.

However, that's a deflection. I stated something about the circumstances affecting nearly every Black person in America and you dismiss that and counter w/ a line about LEO. Why would you need to counter what I said?

On my comment about BLM AND WHITE SUPRAMACY , I was speaking in general on the first word.

Most people and yes most do not see the " Black lives matter movement as a movement that is attempting to state " All lives matters" because of the first word in the movement Black not "All" just like the first word in white supramacy there for all people know it is centered around white people, correct?

Some of you need to take off your media and history shades and step into the real world.

That is why I do not get into these topics because this is a subject that has been looked at one way and always will be. Racism exist not just toward one race or nationality but because history has shown it to be one way that's how it will always be looked at!

I just read online that the same group that went to Charlottesville is planning to come to Lexington, KY. About 30' from where I live to protest two more statue removals......wonderful.

I disagree completely, and your logic is flawed there.

"Supremecy" means being above everything else, the best. If I said "Duke is the supreme team in college basketball," for example, you would be right to infer that I think Kansas is not as good as Duke. Hence, when you say "white supremacy" you directly mean whites are better than everyone else. That is clearly outlined in the manifestos of every white supremacy group in existence, and is the cornerstone of the white supremacy movement.

But saying "Black Lives Matter" absolutely does NOT carry either a direct or indirect implication that ONLY black lives matter, or others don't. If I said "Duke is a really good basketball team" you would NOT infer that I thought Duke was better than Kansas; just that I think Duke is a really good basketball team.

Beyond what I see as a logical flaw, what you are saying doesn't jive with what Black Lives Matter actually says, as an organization. I'll post this again, from Black Lives Matters itself:

"We are committed to collectively, lovingly and courageously working vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension all people. As we forge our path, we intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting."

"We are committed to acknowledging, respecting and celebrating difference(s) and commonalities."

"We are committed to practicing empathy; we engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts."

Nothing ive see stated or verbalized by the Black Lives Matter movement ever once directly or indirectly said that black people are more important than white people. I've also never heard that personally; I have many anecdotes about the BLM movement (I have a lot of friends who associate with it and have attended marches, black white asian Latino) and have never heard a single one excluding or demeaning any race.

The BLM movement came to be because when white Americans had problems with the systems in our nation (law enforcement, financial, etc) it was often handled one way, and when black Americans had problems with the systems in our nation it was often handled a different way. It came to a head when we saw so many black lives ended in incidents with law enforcement, yet there were nearly no consequences for these incidents. That was where the idea of black lives mattering came from.

I assure you; the BLM movement was absolutely and completely about Black Lives Matter TOO. From their actual website:

8. (Minsconception) The movement hates white people : The statement “black lives matter” is not an anti-white proposition. Contained within the statement is an unspoken but implied “too,” as in “black lives matter, too,” which suggests that the statement is one of inclusion rather than exclusion.

I'm sorry to hear about the moron in your traffic stop. She sounds like an idiot. Put that brain in a white body, and my guess is you'd get some other moronic statement.

Being a law enforcemnt officer now is damn hard. I'm sorry you guys are getting so much generalized flak, when so many of you don't deserve it:(
You never see the " Too" on the media or here about it. Once again that goes back to my original statement that the media is to blame, however with that being said it still does not state " All" therefore just like white supremacy it is looked at in a general way!

Have any of you ever read any gang literature or studied up on it? Serious question especially for history majors?
No I'm not talking about the Tookie Williams I'm talking about actual gang literature?

If you place a color infront of anything and put race behind it or nationality there will always be a group of people who will direct it in one way. Sorry that's the world we live in.

Most people and yes most do not see the " Black lives matter movement as a movement that is attempting to state " All lives matters" because of the first word in the movement Black not "All" just like the first word in white supramacy there for all people know it is centered around white people, correct?

Some of you need to take off your media and history shades and step into the real world.

That is why I do not get into these topics because this is a subject that has been looked at one way and always will be. Racism exist not just toward one race or nationality but because history has shown it to be one way that's how it will always be looked at!
Welp, can't tell you nothing.

You never see the " Too" on the media or here about it. Once again that goes back to my original statement that the media is to blame, however with that being said it still does not state " All" therefore just like white supremacy it is looked at in a general way!
No, it really isn't looked at in a general way, or like White supremacy at all by any rational, sensible people.
If one person is drowning and someone yells, "THAT GUY needs help!" It would be completely ridiculous to say back, "Well, all people deserve help." BLM says "Black" instead of "All" b/c "Black" is where we are failing at the promise of "All." "All lives matter" is the goal, but we get there by acutely targeting the lives that haven't been treated like they matter.

Welp, can't tell you nothing.
Nope because I've seen it from both sides from the same color. So yes if people started groups saying Latino lives matter, Chinese lives Matter, white lives matters and so on there would still be a group of people that will look and perceive it the wrong way. All lives matter.

I simply don't care. It's everyone's right it don't bother me either way. I get along with all races so nothing bothers me. I've experienced racism first hand. I know the history of both sides of my family and what they went through.
Charlottesville was stupid there are also a hundred other events daily that don't make the news so that is the world we live in.

No, it really isn't looked at in a general way, or like White supremacy at all by any rational, sensible people.
If one person is drowning and someone yells, "THAT GUY needs help!" It would be completely ridiculous to say back, "Well, all people deserve help." BLM says "Black" instead of "All" b/c "Black" is where we are failing at the promise of "All." "All lives matter" is the goal, but we get there by acutely targeting the lives that haven't been treated like they matter.
I like you dat so I value your opinion but please tell me this so that I'll understand your out look.
I was on honorguard when I did a funeral for a cop that was gunned down in cold blood for doing his job.
The gang banger didn't want to go to jail so he shot him, dead to rights. Both were African American ( cop and criminal) where was BLM then?
In Houston when six deputies were gunned down in an ambush, three white, two black one Hispanic more injured. The shooters were black. Where was BLM then. All lives matter right? Even when we take off our uniforms and do our home life even if your not in Law Enforcement a school teacher, a doctor, house wife. Where are they at when their gunned down in a drive bye shooting or cross fire from people being stupid.
Racism will always exist as long as we as a people allow it to.
And this is coming from a person who's people immagrated here from Wales and are on the books at Elis Island and walked the trail of tears.
Like stated I don't care one way or the other but it is a fact SOME people look at things different in terms of race plain and simple.
Is it October yet? I need some good hoops to get started.

Last edited:
Can we lock this? Nothing is getting solved here, especially when I see people trying to defend hate groups like those idiots in CVille or BLM.

That's a pretty silly statement, especially given how civil the back and forth has been. Nobody is looking to "solve" anything, but a good discussion can go a long way.

I'd recommend that, if you don't want to read it, just don't click it.

Reactions: sheyduke
On my comment about BLM AND WHITE SUPRAMACY , I was speaking in general on the first word.

I disagree that most people see BLM as meaning anything anti white or anti whatever. I don't know a single person who sees it that way.

And I would argue that the people who see it that way are ignorant, since it is clearly NOT the mission of the BLM movement.

I am not big on making accommodations for ignorant people.

I have no idea what taking off media and history shades mean. Every single thing we do, every single thing we are, ALL of it is intimately tied into our histories. Every single bit of it. Nothing exists in a vacuum. And there is nothing about knowing and understanding the history of something that somehow makes one stand the "real world"... which is a strange phrase anyway... what, there is no history in the "real world?"

I don't know what you mean at the end. But I do agree that racism will ALWAYS exist; humans generally are suspicious of those that are unfamiliar. Racism exists on all sides. But we can certainly strive to educate. That's what I do for a living, actually:)

Have any of you ever read any gang literature or studied up on it? Serious question especially for history majors?
No I'm not talking about the Tookie Williams I'm talking about actual gang literature?

If you place a color infront of anything and put race behind it or nationality there will always be a group of people who will direct it in one way. Sorry that's the world we live in.

You don't see the "too" because it isn't part of the title, and also because most members of the media assume that is pretty obvious.

The media is not to blame. Racists on all sides are to blame.

And again, only some people view it that way... the people who are not actually familiar with the BLM movement, and so have this strange idea that it is some white hating militant bunch of criminals, when the vast vast vast majority is not... it would be strange if a movement full of people of different races was all about proclaiming one race to be superior.

No real reading on gang history. But sure, if you put race or color in front of something, some ignorant people will see it only the way they WANT to see it, instead of the way it is. Some people just look for conflict.

Nope because I've seen it from both sides from the same color. So yes if people started groups saying Latino lives matter, Chinese lives Matter, white lives matters and so on there would still be a group of people that will look and perceive it the wrong way. All lives matter.

I simply don't care. It's everyone's right it don't bother me either way. I get along with all races so nothing bothers me. I've experienced racism first hand. I know the history of both sides of my family and what they went through.
Charlottesville was stupid there are also a hundred other events daily that don't make the news so that is the world we live in.

Of course all lives matter. At least, to most of us. The issue is that a sizable number of Americans feel that black lives don't matter in the same way to some people and in some systems.

I am not sure what getting along with all races makes you not get bothered. I get along with all races, but when a black person spits racist hatred about a white person, or a white person does the same about black people, I'm bothered as hell by it.

I like you dat so I value your opinion but please tell me this so that I'll understand your out look.
I was on honorguard when I did a funeral for a cop that was gunned down in cold blood for doing his job.
The gang banger didn't want to go to jail so he shot him, dead to rights. Both were African American ( cop and criminal) where was BLM then?
In Houston when six deputies were gunned down in an ambush, three white, two black one Hispanic more injured. The shooters were black. Where was BLM then. All lives matter right? Even when we take off our uniforms and do our home life even if your not in Law Enforcement a school teacher, a doctor, house wife. Where are they at when their gunned down in a drive bye shooting or cross fire from people being stupid.
And this is coming from a person who's people immagrated here from Wales and are on the books at Elis Island and walked the trail of tears.
Like stated I don't care one way or the other but it is a fact SOME people look at things different in terms of race plain and simple.

Black lives matter is pretty involved in black issues, including crime and violence in black communities. They responded to the shooting, expressing condolences and all of that. Some of the comments include "This is a devastating time for us as activists and organizers. We cannot about bring justice through violence" and "the movement...must be anti-police misconduct, not anti-police." You won't hear as much about it, because it's not a shocking story and there aren't protests... and in terms of inner city black on black violence, it sounds bad, but unfortunately we as a society are a bit inured to black on black crime:( A lot of the issues there also involve other factors... poverty and drugs being two major ones.

I think it is really unfortunately that somehow the Black Lives Matter movement has been identified by some as some anti-police movement. It isn't. It certainly DOES focus on when the law treats black Americans differently than white Americans, as it should. But it certainly is NOT an anti police movement. Unfortunately understanding that takes a bit of nuance, and too many people are lazy thinkers and too accustomed to an "us vs them" world.

Good stuff, btw... conversations are always worth having. You never know when you might read something that resonates:)

Last edited:
I disagree that most people see BLM as meaning anything anti white or anti whatever. I don't know a single person who sees it that way.

And I would argue that the people who see it that way are ignorant, since it is clearly NOT the mission of the BLM movement.

I am not big on making accommodations for ignorant people.

I have no idea what taking off media and history shades mean. Every single thing we do, every single thing we are, ALL of it is intimately tied into our histories. Every single bit of it. Nothing exists in a vacuum. And there is nothing about knowing and understanding the history of something that somehow makes one stand the "real world"... which is a strange phrase anyway... what, there is no history in the "real world?"

I don't know what you mean at the end. But I do agree that racism will ALWAYS exist; humans generally are suspicious of those that are unfamiliar. Racism exists on all sides. But we can certainly strive to educate. That's what I do for a living, actually:)

You don't see the "too" because it isn't part of the title, and also because most members of the media assume that is pretty obvious.

The media is not to blame. Racists on all sides are to blame.

And again, only some people view it that way... the people who are not actually familiar with the BLM movement, and so have this strange idea that it is some white hating militant bunch of criminals, when the vast vast vast majority is not... it would be strange if a movement full of people of different races was all about proclaiming one race to be superior.

No real reading on gang history. But sure, if you put race or color in front of something, some ignorant people will see it only the way they WANT to see it, instead of the way it is. Some people just look for conflict.

Of course all lives matter. At least, to most of us. The issue is that a sizable number of Americans feel that black lives don't matter in the same way to some people and in some systems.

I am not sure what getting along with all races makes you not get bothered. I get along with all races, but when a black person spits racist hatred about a white person, or a white person does the same about black people, I'm bothered as hell by it.

Black lives matter is pretty involved in black issues, including crime and violence in black communities. They responded to the shooting, expressing condolences and all of that. You won't hear as much about it, because it's not a shocking story and there aren't protests... and in terms of inner city black on black violence, it sounds bad, but unfortunately we as a society are a bit inured to black on black crime:( A lot of the issues there also involve other factors... poverty and drugs being two major ones.

I think it is really unfortunately that somehow the Black Lives Matter movement has been identified by some as some anti-police movement. It isn't. It certainly DOES focus on when the law treats black Americans differently than white Americans, as it should. But it certainly is NOT an anti police movement. Unfortunately understanding that takes a bit of nuance, and too many people are lazy thinkers and too accustomed to an "us vs them" world.

Good stuff, btw... conversations are always worth having. You never know when you might read something that resonates:)
Blm is not a support group at the core, and plenty know that. Being involved in the BMore situation I saw it first hand. They showed up in groups to start ish, and that they did. That being said, let's see how long my 'silly' statement stands. Lol.

Blm is not a support group at the core, and plenty know that. Being involved in the BMore situation I saw it first hand. They showed up at n groups to start ish, and that they did. That being said, let's see how long my 'silly' statement stands. Lol.

It is a group dedicated to social change. Your opinion on that is just your personal opinion, but it doesn't change fact.

What fact? From the media? Wiki? Their webpage? Come on now, that's idiocy.

No. It's not. The fact is that 99 percent of people who support the BLM movement are not violent. Huge portions of the BLM movement are made up of people who are not black. The actual organizing principals of the movement are about peace and justice and love. Nearly every piece of evidence supports that the BLM movement is not anything other than a social justice group, despite the words and actions of a few disgusting racists.

No. It's not. The fact is that 99 percent of people who support the BLM movement are not violent. Huge portions of the BLM movement are made up of people who are not black. The actual organizing principals of the movement are about peace and justice and love. Nearly every piece of evidence supports that the BLM movement is not anything other than a social justice group, despite the words and actions of a few disgusting racists.

Interesting considering the heavily-Liberal CNN questioned what they were just this time last year. MLK aide Andy Young called them out, and he wasn't the only one. You need to back that 99% down just a bit lol.

Next thing you'll tell me that SPLC has a legitimate, clean-filtered way of identifying 'hate groups' in America.....

No reason to continue this - I'll avoid this like the plague. You're right on one thing: this conversation has resonated, showing me how blind people get from their political 'party' and/or upbringing. This country is being played by left and right, and many people can't seem to think for themselves....

Last edited:
A few thoughts: 1.) Freedom of speech is here to protect speech you don't like as much as speech you do like. 2.) Neither side (politically) has the monopoly on stupid. 3.) Neither side likes being talked down to by the other and both sides do it. And while it might not be PC to say this, the fact is the left in this country has said hateful things as much as the right has. Then they try to shut down any speech they deem offensive, even if it is not (see college speakers who get protested for being conservative.) Both sides need to grow up.

Reactions: Another#1Dukie
No, I probably don't.

According to a poll from 2016, a majority of young (18-30) white Americans, young Latino Americans, young Asian Americans, and young black Americans support the Black Lives Matter movement.

That is a LOT of people.

This idea that any meaningful number of those people are violently opposing our police... well, considering that the BLM movement specifically opposes violence against police and pushes for peace... that the vast majority of BLM protestors do not commit violence... that literally none of the hundred or so people I know who support the BLM movement endorse violence against police... well, SoCal, I think the onus is on you, if you truly want to show that the BLM movement is one of violence, despite the fact that a small number of scumballs have used it as a shield and as a justification for violence,

Listen man, I'm not excusing violence. I know that there are racist black Americans who have committed violence and are terrible people. I would never deny that, ever. And we, as a society, are SO darn reluctant to jump into the issues that black Americans face, for fear of being labeled racist. There's a LOT going on there. But I just cannot go along with this idea that BLM is a group of violence, and nearly everything I've ever seen supports that,

Last edited:
Thedude1, you make valid points but to my side. I have not seen one BLM organization here, where I'm from do anything for any neighborhood. I also hate " inner city" terms because most my county is racially mixed. Matter of fact one could say the county as a whole is the ghetto.
I guess we will agree to disagree maybe because your more active with " BLM" . The media though in my opinion is to blame because they focus on certain areas instead of the areas needed.
Case in point, two summers ago six teens were killed in a feud from ages 15-19 I didn't see anyone saying stop the violence.
My view points won't change on BLM though because until they start doing things on national television or more city's that promotes education and helping then I guess you can say I don't see it as an " All lives matters"
My comments about take your history shades off. Get out walk in an unfamiliar neighborhood talk to citizens and not just ones from complaint calls are study sessions.
Most people don't know that much gang beliefs are centered around the same as the nazi beliefs. They just replace race with colors.

A few thoughts: 1.) Freedom of speech is here to protect speech you don't like as much as speech you do like. 2.) Neither side (politically) has the monopoly on stupid. 3.) Neither side likes being talked down to by the other and both sides do it. And while it might not be PC to say this, the fact is the left in this country has said hateful things as much as the right has. Then they try to shut down any speech they deem offensive, even if it is not (see college speakers who get protested for being conservative.) Both sides need to grow up.

I'm with you with all of that expect I do not think the left has said as many hateful things. I know some will bristle at that, but frankly the idea of acceptance is one of the major platforms of the left. It just is. Sure, there is a big push from people on the left against those who are not accepting of others (which people love to try to turn into some proof of NOT being accepting, which is a bit silly.) It simply defies logic to try to say that left and right are equally intolerant.

I think we sometimes try to be "evenhanded" to try to be "fair" even when maybe things are not even. I absolute agree that some on the left have said hateful things, have thrown around inappropriate labels, have been giant easy to offend douchebags on a giant easy to offend douchebag crusade. No question at ALL. But I do think the right suffers from intolerance a bit more than the left.

I know nobody on the right will agree with this; likely an "agree to disagree" moment:)

Last edited:
I think we all can agree Charlottesville should have been better prepared.

AMEN Brother, AMEN!

I think we all can agree Charlottesville should have been better prepared.

Hey Shey, I'll respond to your other parts later... but as a law enforcement guy, what did they do wrong? What is the proper preparation for such a thing? How do they learn of events/ numbers? How much work do they do with federal law enforcement? Not trying to "gotcha," just want info from someone who knows:)

Last edited:
Hey Shey, I'll respond to your other parts later... but as a law enforcement guy, what did they do wrong? What is the proper preparation for such a thing? Not trying to "gotcha," just want info from someone who knows:)
Well I don't keep up with the news as you can tell but do you know if it was a planned protest?
If it was planned and the organizer called ahead to Law Enforcement then it's up to the head official to make preparations and one thing you always do is an overlay of what they are protesting. Case in point if it was planned more personnel should have been on hand. Also if they issued a permit to the protestors and deemed it civil and looked at as peaceful their barricades should have been back further to protect those.

Now if it was a last minute thing and they just received a complaint call about it. First officer on scene should have assessed or called a superior to do so. If I'm first on scene I look at what they are protesting and if I can pick out identifiers however that's harder to do in the middle of an event instead of at the beginning.

Last edited:
I live in Charlottesville and got to see some of it. Police were there but were not doing anything to stop it. I saw the guys staging at the parking lots like Walmart and Krogers on Seminole Trail by 8 am, putting on helmets and shields warming up by sparring with sticks. Knew something big was going down. Everyone knew.

"Pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon"

Can't believe those racist whites say that.... oh wait.

Racism in any form is wrong neo-nazi crap is wrong BLM is wrong. We're not a color we are American. Both groups are trying to devide and if you don't see that you might be a liberal. Or ANTIFA

"Pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon"

Can't believe those racist whites say that.... oh wait.

Racism in any form is wrong neo-nazi crap is wrong BLM is wrong. We're not a color we are American. Both groups are trying to devide and if you don't see that you might be a liberal. Or ANTIFA

Here is the thing.

Obviously that is disgusting.

Obviously racism is wrong.

But BLM is not a racist organization.

Are there racists who associate with BLM?

Sure! Of course there are! And they are disgusting. Same as the Nazis.

But the vast majority of people who associate with BLM are not racists. I mean, the organization has majority support among young people of ALL races. It doesn't even make logical sense, if you take a step back and truly think about it,

I truly don't believe that some of the ones comparing BLM to Nazis have done any actual reading or research about BLM or about the white power movement. Like, their own independent reading, not reading forwarded emails or sensationalized "internet news" stuff.

What you are saying, Pisgah, is literally the OPPOSITE of what black lives matters works towards. They literally work to connect and empower all. Like... it's in their actual creed.

It IS what the neo Nazi movement works towards. The neo Nazis specifically want to separate the races.

Both of these stances are made very clear in the mission statements of the organizations.

Read up on BLM's mission. They go into detail explaining their name, too.

I presume that justice was served in the case you cited? What needs to be protested there?

What is this Houston shooting you reference? Do you mean Dallas? Last year? With 5 victims, not 6? That terrorist denounced BLM for not being violent, and he got kicked out of the New Black Panther Party for being too radical and extreme for them. BLM denounced his actions as they have denounced numerous other shootings.

This whole "Where's BLM?" line every time any Black person is killed is just... Do we ask Habitat for Humanity what they're doing for burn victims? Do we ask adult literacy programs what they're doing about homeless veterans? Of course not, but let any group have something referencing Black people in their name and suddenly they're supposed to be responsible for everything that ever happens to Black people.

You may think that but that's what they said! BLM tore apart different cities. They were in charlotte last year. All lives matter don't divide that's my thing
BLM did none of those things. Their presence is noteworthy but they are not exclusive events.
"All lives matter" doesn't divide but it totally ignores that division has already occurred so it does absolutely nothing to address that divide.

This has been a rather civil thread on a pretty touchy topic. If you have a point, please express it clearly. Tossing out a one word dismissive insult is out of line with the decorum of this thread so far.

Read up on BLM's mission. They go into detail explaining their name, too.

I presume that justice was served in the case you cited? What needs to be protested there?

What is this Houston shooting you reference? Do you mean Dallas? Last year? With 5 victims, not 6? That terrorist denounced BLM for not being violent, and he got kicked out of the New Black Panther Party for being too radical and extreme for them. BLM denounced his actions as they have denounced numerous other shootings.

This whole "Where's BLM?" line every time any Black person is killed is just... Do we ask Habitat for Humanity what they're doing for burn victims? Do we ask adult literacy programs what they're doing about homeless veterans? Of course not, but let any group have something referencing Black people in their name and suddenly they're supposed to be responsible for everything that ever happens to Black people.
Sorry, it was Dallas, Houston was two black officers killed in an ambush my bag and you defend BLM that's fine. I have no problem with them but just because you read a mission statement don't mean they stand by it at least not every member. To think so is ludacris and by the way are you a member of BLM. Just asking the Dudeone poster says he hangs out with hundreds and knows a bunch.
Your line says it all," let any group have something referencing black people in their name and suddenly they're supposed to be responsible for everything that ever happens to black people!" But it's the same with whites. Every time racism is brought up it's looked back on white people. I might catch slack but I haven't done anything so does that mean it's ok for people to assume I might be racist for what other white people have done?
And give me an example when BLM has showed up outside of an officer related shooting? I only hear about them when that's in the news I mean unless I have missed it.
I really don't care once again. My arguement is if they stand for " All people" why isn't their organization named that!
I'm done talking on the BLM matter because we can agree we will disagree on it. You look at logic from media and books or maybe your a member I don't know. But what I do know is that groups will say things to make them look good and separate their selfs from destructive people and acts and in an earlier post some one stated they help educate and do things in inner city neighborhoods. So if they do why not put that in the news or is not educating your youth and taking care of your community out on the same platform as showing up for an officer related shooting. Why aren't they on the news for anything else? Oh wait because none of that matters for long enough airtime.
Then we wonder what's wrong with the youth of today.
And I'm talking about why weren't they there after? The Charlotte shooting and the other two after Missouri the trial hadnt happened yet and they were there.
I say let stupid people be stupid I got enough on my own plate to worry about. Is it October yet?

Last edited:
You may think that but that's what they said! BLM tore apart different cities. They were in charlotte last year. All lives matter don't divide that's my thing

Sure, Pis, I agree. All lives matter is the ideal. But yes, they DID say that. BLM has been very clear about that. Go read what they say about it. They explicitly say that it has nothing to do with valuing white lives less or black lives more; they specifically say that it is about ALL lives being valuable, and bringing peace and understanding between people of different races and backgrounds. They specifically say that. I would think that, if they said otherwise, millions of white people, including myself and most of my friends of all races, wouldn't support them.

I would say that BLM was not responsible for tearing cities apart. The issue is black lives not seeming to matter in the same way as white lives. From that grows resentment, anger. After decades... nay, centuries of that... you get a lot of anger. And when you see videos of innocent black people getting killed, over and over and over, in a seemingly unending stream, with no consequences for the people who kill... well, you get protests. And to be fair, the majority of protestors are not violent. That's not how it works, same as the civil rights movement. But unfortunately yes, sometimes that anger turns violent, and turns against everything that is right... and those are the videos we see, played on repeat, on tv. We don't see the boring hours of footage of millions of peaceful Americans protesting. You cannot let that shape your understanding of the situation.

It sucks, for sure. It sucks for everyone. It sucks for black Americans, who see themselves being treated as less than. It sucks for white Americans, who see fellow Americans suffer. It sucks for the vast majority of our cops, who are dedicated to law and order but suffer indignity and abuse at the hands of some. In fact, the only people it DOESN'T suck for? White supremacists, who devour this stuff and turn it into some race war thing, taking the actions of a few and making it seem like we are on the verge of civil war.

The good thing is that I think we ALL have the same end goal.

We ALL want ALL lives to matter. Yes, even black people want all lives to matter.

The issue is that, as of right now, it doesn't seem that lives matter equally.

Hopefully we will get to the point in this great nation that they DO.

I don't know which part of Dats statement you are taking issue with?

Reactions: pisgah101
Sure, Pis, I agree. All lives matter is the ideal. But yes, they DID say that. BLM has been very clear about that. Go read what they say about it. They explicitly say that it has nothing to do with valuing white lives less or black lives more; they specifically say that it is about ALL lives being valuable, and bringing peace and understanding between people of different races and backgrounds. They specifically say that. I would think that, if they said otherwise, millions of white people, including myself and most of my friends of all races, wouldn't support them.

I would say that BLM was not responsible for tearing cities apart. The issue is black lives not seeming to matter in the same way as white lives. From that grows resentment, anger. After decades... nay, centuries of that... you get a lot of anger. And when you see videos of innocent black people getting killed, over and over and over, in a seemingly unending stream, with no consequences for the people who kill... well, you get protests. And to be fair, the majority of protestors are not violent. That's not how it works, same as the civil rights movement. But unfortunately yes, sometimes that anger turns violent, and turns against everything that is right... and those are the videos we see, played on repeat, on tv. We don't see the boring hours of footage of millions of peaceful Americans protesting. You cannot let that shape your understanding of the situation.

It sucks, for sure. It sucks for everyone. It sucks for black Americans, who see themselves being treated as less than. It sucks for white Americans, who see fellow Americans suffer. It sucks for the vast majority of our cops, who are dedicated to law and order but suffer indignity and abuse at the hands of some. In fact, the only people it DOESN'T suck for? White supremacists, who devour this stuff and turn it into some race war thing, taking the actions of a few and making it seem like we are on the verge of civil war.

The good thing is that I think we ALL have the same end goal.

We ALL want ALL lives to matter. Yes, even black people want all lives to matter.

The issue is that, as of right now, it doesn't seem that lives matter equally.

Hopefully we will get to the point in this great nation that they DO.

I don't know which part of Dats statement you are taking issue with?

None actually. I just knew he would chime in on mine in an instant lol he's not a fan of me.

Reactions: TheDude1
Hey Dat, Pis.... I know you guys butt heads, but it would be great if both of you took it easy on each other.

I find that, in the emotionless tone of the internet, we often assume the worst. This might sound silly, but I've also found that sometimes using someone's NAME in a post actually helps make it more personal and tones it down. Just something I've found.

So you two... both of you... go easy on each other. Please?

Reactions: pisgah101
Sorry, it was Dallas, Houston was two black officers killed in an ambush my bag and you defend BLM that's fine. I have no problem with them but just because you read a mission statement don't mean they stand by it at least not every member. To think so is ludacris and by the way are you a member of BLM. Just asking the Dudeone poster says he hangs out with hundreds and knows a bunch.

Of course not every member. I don't think Dat would ever say that. There are certainly terrible racists who associate with the BLM movement, no doubt. But I don't think they accurately represent it, or its goals.

And yeah, nearly everyone I know supports BLM. I certainly do, although it's not like I wrote my name somewhere to join it:). But yes, I believe black lives matter, so I support it:). I DO tend to like white lives, too... I have one, after all:)

Your line says it all," let any group have something referencing black people in their name and suddenly they're supposed to be responsible for everything that ever happens to black people!" But it's the same with whites. Every time racism is brought up it's looked back on white people. I might catch slack but I haven't done anything so does that mean it's ok for people to assume I might be racist for what other white people have done?

Really? I don't feel particularly under pressure for being white. And of course it isn't okay for people to assume you are racist! Where are you even getting this from? Who on earth would support saying that all whites are racist? Dat and I are both white... I doubt either of us support that:). Anyone who assumes all whites are racist is racist themselves. Thankfully I don't think very many people feel that way, just as I don't think many people think all blacks are racist:)

And give me an example when BLM has showed up outside of an officer related shooting? I only hear about them when that's in the news I mean unless I have missed it.

They've made statements and the like. But remember, that is not what the organization is about. Again, look at their mission statements... they are clear that they are not about certain issues, but that doesn't mean those issues don't matter.

I really don't care once again. My arguement is if they stand for " All people" why isn't their organization named that!.

I think we should all care:)

And I think we've said this several times;

The reason it isn't called "all lives matter" is because we already know white lives matter. Everything in our society has reflected that for hundreds of years:). The issue isn't that anyone is taking away the value of white lives... the issue is that black lives in particular are not being valued equally.

I'm done talking on the BLM matter because we can agree we will disagree on it. You look at logic from media and books or maybe your a member I don't know. But what I do know is that groups will say things to make them look good and separate their selfs from destructive people and acts and in an earlier post some one stated they help educate and do things in inner city neighborhoods. So if they do why not put that in the news or is not educating your youth and taking care of your community out on the same platform as showing up for an officer related shooting. Why aren't they on the news for anything else? Oh wait because none of that matters for long enough airtime.
Then we wonder what's wrong with the youth of today.

Unfortunately the news doesn't care about that stuff... at least not enough to make headlines. News media IS a profit-driven industry, which is a major problem.

But all of this stuff IS out there, if you take the time to learn about it. And I think it is each and every one of ours responsibility to do so. It's our world, you know?

As for the youth today... there's a lot wrong there... but have faith they'll be okay. After all, every generation things the young people suck:)

Keep up the posts man, going back and forth is a good thing, as long as you aren't bored. It's great fodder for when you are in the bathroom, for sure:)[/QUOTE]

:DDUKE FANS MATTER!

Sorry couldn't help it Dude1,lol.

I'll give you two more dude one.

Day after I issued another ticket same speed same place except school was in session(school zone) ask the gentleman who was Caucasian same question and this cat asked me shouldn't I be out stopping all these people from robbing and shooting. He asked the same thing when I handed him his ticket. I asked him," exactly what people are you referring to?" He looked at me and was about to say something dumb caught his self and asked me ," well you should be instead of harassing good citizens like me!"
My response was simple," Sir, I would be if I didn't have to worry about people like yourself speeding through a school zone and not taking in to account for the kids that cross that road every day!" Yeah he called my Chief I didn't really care my worry was for the kids.

Reactions: TheDude1
None actually. I just knew he would chime in on mine in an instant lol he's not a fan of me.

Hah! Yeah, I know you guys aren't on each other's Christmas card list (or maybe in Dats case, his Happy Holidays card list :p ). But I appreciate you sticking with it, and if we can all just shoot the shit like a bunch of dudes having a beer who know that nobody is out to lynch anyone... well, that's good stuff, I think.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT