ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, let's talk Maui .

If things go as planned on this first day, and there are no upsets, Duke will see two styles of BB that "K" likes to see early in the season.
1. San Diego State is a very good defensive team and will try to slow the pace as much as possible, limiting the Duke possessions.
2. Auburn will welcome a fast pace and will look to pressure the ball and run, and they are very good at it. Plus they are shooting over 40% from the 3.
No matter how this Tournament plays out, "K" will have some great film for teaching purposes long before the ACC regular season begins.
This is going to be exciting folks, so buckle up and enjoy the ride!
Go Duke!
OFC

Teams can try to dictate Duke’s tempo all they want. No matter what tempo Duke plays, they’re still going to be better than the team they’re playing. Staying out of foul trouble and hitting free throws will be the two key things this team needs to concern itself with.

@Showenuff and @QC Dukie guess i was right about the point guard battle. Tre was CLEARLY better than that guy you tried to get me to waste time doing research on hahahaha. so once again COME ON NOW. Tre had no trouble. He had his season high in points. Once again Tre is a seasoned vet and those Jones boys bring it in big games

Heck yea! You don’t do no research! Looks like your still 100% here.

Teams can try to dictate Duke’s tempo all they want. No matter what tempo Duke plays, they’re still going to be better than the team they’re playing. Staying out of foul trouble and hitting free throws will be the two key things this team needs to concern itself with.
At halftime last night Greenturd said San Diego St was dictating the tempo. Hey douchebag, we had 49 points and we’re up 17. I guess if Duke was dictating the tempo we would’ve been up 40? And this idiot gets paid??

At halftime last night Greenturd said San Diego St was dictating the tempo. Hey douchebag, we had 49 points and we’re up 17. I guess if Duke was dictating the tempo we would’ve been up 40? And this idiot gets paid??
QC, I thought I was hearing things and had to rewind it to make sure he said that. How that moon rock is still on tv getting paid to do analysis is beyond me. Makes me upset at myself that I'm not being paid on national tv to be a certified dumb ass.

To be fair, he said that and then said, “...and Duke is still up 17.” But the point remains, just because someone else is going to dictate tempo, doesn’t mean your team will play poorly.

This team is arranged in a way where they can handle anything.

Pre-season, it was said they couldn’t shoot. - Check that box off

A young team can’t defend. - Bye bye to that theory

The OAD’s will be out to OAD their stock. - False

Now, the only box that needs to be checked is how they handle adversity. Do that, and you’re looking at one of the best teams we’ve seen in a while.

So please every other team in college, please try to dictate tempo. It won’t end well. The best strategy so far has been Army. Show them you can with them. Force Duke to defend quickly. That’s how you create foul issues.

With ESPN, CBS and social media this season could become a circus, just hope these guys are able to handle the fame that will come with rolling other teams. J-Will noted last night the top 3 national hoops stories are Warriors 3-peat-turmoil, Lebron in LA & Duke's super frosh.

From a national standpoint it will be very interesting to see how America reacts to this squad. 2015 team wasn't hated but last years team was due to Grayson.

With ESPN, CBS and social media this season could become a circus, just hope these guys are able to handle the fame that will come with rolling other teams. J-Will noted last night the top 3 national hoops stories are Warriors 3-peat-turmoil, Lebron in LA & Duke's super frosh.

From a national standpoint it will be very interesting to see how America reacts to this squad. 2015 team wasn't hated but last years team was due to Grayson.

This will easily be the most positive attention Duke has received since the repeat season in ‘92. That team had to be paraded around like the Rolling Stones. There’s the story where they snuck Hurley into a stadium in a bag.

Not sure this team will reach quite that level, but with social media being what it is, Duke is must see TV and it has nothing to do with number of free throws taken or anyone tripping anyone. Enjoy this ride!

Just click over to ESPN's ncaam home page. Literally, the top SIX stories are about Duke....
1. Can Auburn's experience provide challenge for Duke's freshmen?
2. Zion excites the crowd with windmill jam
3. Duke freshmen face high-profile test at Maui
4. The 10 must-watch NBA draft prospects in Maui
5. Power Rankings (Duke #1)
6. Inside Zion's favorite moves, and if they'll work in the NBA

Meanwhile, UNC is nowhere to be found. You know nothing drives them up a wall like over-the-top positive Duke exposure. America has not even heard of Nassir Little yet...

Something tells me we’re going to get matched with Iowa St. in the tourney and I can’t wait. I love the way they play. Steve Prohm is an up and comer as a coach. They have a star in Wigginton who isn’t playing this tournament and Horton-Tucker is amazingly confident and is only 17. He looks 30. I’ve been impressed today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT