ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL 2018 NBA DRAFT Thread**

Just wondering if Mikel Bridges mom still has a job today with the Sixers. I know that was tough. They were so excited to see him get drafted by their home team only to be traded to Phoenix. Ouch....

If I was her, I would have quit the minute the trade was announced. That’s tough considering Bridges fit an exact need the Sixers had.

But the thing is people on this board said he wouldn’t be drafted. He had some real bad info or hated duke. Someone called him William Avery 2.0 but at least Avery got that money

I hear you. People here did say that, but when everything coming from NBA sources said he’d go anywhere from late first to mid second, quite honestly it sounded like sour grapes coming from a fan base who never really accepted a player. But hey, when you’re right, you’re right. Good call cause he ain’t on a roster today.

Reactions: pisgah101
Unless a family member is ill, I will never feel bad for a kid who declares way too early for the draft and doesn’t get selected. I think it’s laughabke. He made his bed. Duval had no business being in the draft this year.
But if he doesn’t go this year, he comes off the bench next year. I think he knew that.

If I was her, I would have quit the minute the trade was announced. That’s tough considering Bridges fit an exact need the Sixers had.

I agree. Pretty bad move in there part. As for Duval idc that I was right but I never ever saw the NBA talent when he was here. I believe he would have developed it here if he was willing to put in the time and effort. It should be a crime for the nba folks to fill them with stuff it has to sting this morning

Maybe Duval didn't like being a college student?? Most athlete's don't. Going to class all week sounds terrible.

Maybe he's ready to begin his professional career and be able to wake up and play basketball all day?? He's got a mountain to climb, but I still think we see his name on an NBA jersey in the next couple years.

Reactions: DukeJim99
Maybe Duval didn't like being a college student?? Most athlete's don't. Going to class all week sounds terrible.

Maybe he's ready to begin his professional career and be able to wake up and play basketball all day?? He's got a mountain to climb, but I still think we see his name on an NBA jersey in the next couple years.

This is true. I hate school work too lol

I agree. Pretty bad move in there part. As for Duval idc that I was right but I never ever saw the NBA talent when he was here. I believe he would have developed it here if he was willing to put in the time and effort. It should be a crime for the nba folks to fill them with stuff it has to sting this morning

There’s got to be more to that Bridges story other than “we get to add another draft pick.” That is seriously the story of the draft and not in a good way.

Reactions: pisgah101
Duval might be Derryck Thornton II. Didn't want to come back to a crowded back court. He should have seen how it (didn't) work out for Thornton.

Having said that, I'm in the camp that says Duval simply wanted to get on with his life and college wasn't for him. He is the bad side of OAD, where a guy is coming out regardless of whether his one season merits it.

That's one way to look at it. Another is a free education at a leading school in the nation is a gift.

Kid has a lot of natural talent so I'm sure he's got more story to write in the game of basketball.

Reactions: Quavarius
To say that you never saw the potential or talent with Duval is just wrong. I saw the guy put the team on his back several times when it looked like we were dead in the water and lead us to huge come from behind wins. You guys must have already turned the game off.

To say that you never saw the potential or talent with Duval is just wrong. I saw the guy put the team on his back several times when it looked like we were dead in the water and lead us to huge come from behind wins. You guys must have already turned the game off.

Thank you. It’s revisionist history to say the guy did not have the potential that the NBA drools over. And he probably won about 4 games for us. Which is funny because that’s exactly what we knew he would do all season. We had enough talent where he wouldn’t cost us many games, but he had the talent to win a few when needed.

Oh well, this hopefully the end of his ride because he’s too good at the game of basketball to let it just die here.

The fact is he wasn’t drafted, but that doesn’t sign off on the fact that he doesn’t have a skill set that is still desired in the league.

Happy to see Grayson, Bagley, Carter and Trent get drafted. TD will be fine. Hope his eye gets better and he makes a squad. Sad to see Bagley go to Sacramento. That’s where prospects go to be forgotten. Sacramento needs to relocate to Seattle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT