ADVERTISEMENT

New Rankings Out - Duke at #4

I don't know, but they've got a Haas!

That guy is a monster.

They've been beating people pretty good lately with the exception of a 1 point win against Michigan. Just smoked Iowa. They were like 20-33 from 3.

Thanks. I don't usually pay attention to anyone but us and another team. I'm curious about them now.

Is Purdue that good?

Yes and no. They're good, but the Big Ten is way down this season. Ohio State has come on some, but they pretty much replaced a depleted by injuries & stupidity Minnesota team that most figured for the top 20. They're big up front, have good, veteran guards and are experienced. I think they've been a bit of surprise because most didn't think they'd replace Swanigan as well as they have.

Reactions: dbav
Yes and no. They're good, but the Big Ten is way down this season. Ohio State has come on some, but they pretty much replaced a depleted by injuries & stupidity Minnesota team that most figured for the top 20. They're big up front, have good, veteran guards and are experienced. I think they've been a bit of surprise because most didn't think they'd replace Swanigan as well as they have.
Yea. They have definitely been beating the teams that they are supposed to beat. Schedule hasnt been tough lately. But to be fair they have been beating those teams badly. Had a bad loss to Western KY at the beginning of the year but also beat AZ, Louisville, and Michigan. Maybe be a little high in the ranking but I wouldnt spend much time arguing it.

Purdue has been just crushing teams. It seems like every game lately they've been getting out to 16-2 leads, then coasting. Beat Minnesota by ~30 at Minnesota. Iowa by ~30 at Iowa. And Wisconsin by ~30 at home. They start the game by making every three pointer, including some 25-28 footers. It's weird and scary.

I thought MSU would be the clear kings of the Big Ten this year. But maybe not.

We'll know more in mid Feb when they play OSU, WIS, and MSU in a three game stretch.

Right now KenPom has them at the #5 offense and #3 defense (Duke is #2 and #80).

Last edited:
They average 85 points per game and 44% from 3 - 74% from the stripe. Not sure what their defense is like, but they can definitely score. Their top 4 scorers are averaging 17. 15, 13, and 12, so you can't really just key on defending one main guy either. But I think we have something for them!!

Kentucky sucks. What Blue Blood starts out top 10 and goes unranked at the midpoint of the season?I guess they can’t bang on Indiana anymore lol. Kentucky = Blueblood Phonies. Actually, who is Kentucky? Oh I know , it's that team we are going to steam roll in the Champions Classic next year. Now why are they there? It's the Champions Classic, that is for Blue Bloods only. That's OK I will be more than happy to see Duke beat the complete hell out of them.

Last edited:
Does Nova play anyone? They seem to just sit at the top regardless
They are legitimately a great team. I've watched them play a few games and am impressed, perfect mix of grit, teamwork and talent. I think we match up well with them and UVA.

Does Nova play anyone? They seem to just sit at the top regardless

The big east is solid but also has a weak bottom. Unsure if they have played the butler, creighton, Xavier teams yet of the conference. It really comes down to road schedule. Do you play your conference’s best teams on the road? We actually have an easier conference schedule as compared to years like last. The BC game stings but the Miami game evens it out a bit.

The big east is solid but also has a weak bottom. Unsure if they have played the butler, creighton, Xavier teams yet of the conference. It really comes down to road schedule. Do you play your conference’s best teams on the road? We actually have an easier conference schedule as compared to years like last. The BC game stings but the Miami game evens it out a bit.

They lost to Butler by 8 on the road, beat Xavier by 25 at home. They have home games against Butler and Creighton and a road game at Xavier left on their schedule. They also have a home and home coming up with Seton Hall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT