ADVERTISEMENT

New Guy

retiredsoldier

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2012
Good morning. I just thought I need to introduce myself after finally posting here for the first time on the demonstrating topic last night. If I broke any type of code, I apologize for it. Just a topic that sort of touched home for me after I saw a few responses. Regardless, I still respect everyone's opinion.

I was born and raised in a little town name Forest City, North Carolina. After graduation, I followed my brother and sister foot steps and joined the military at 17. After spending 20 years in the service and retiring, I started working Dept of State overseas contracts for about 6 years. After that, I decide to be a State Trooper her in Atlanta for a little while. Right now, I'm trying to enjoy being retired lol.

I've been a duke fan since growing up as a kid, while the rest of my family are cheat fans including my cousins. So it's been verbal battles for years and will continue to be. I have been reading these boards, as well as a premium member for many years, cracking up at some of the post here. I'm hoping one of these day I can put faces to the names that I have read post on. The wife and I came down to the open practice last year while spending 3 days hanging out on campus, and got great pictures for my man cave. We already have plans to come down on the 14th to the open practice and got my tickets to the FSU game that day as well. Again, sorry if I broke any rules by posting last last night.

If any of you guys are ever in Atlanta area, look me up. I'm about 15 min from the downtown area. Also, if there are any other vets here, there is a web site that reserve game tickets for vets for college games. I got 2 tickets for 14 bucks. Hopefully I can finally make a game in Cameron this year somehow lol.

Good morning. I just thought I need to introduce myself after finally posting here for the first time on the demonstrating topic last night. If I broke any type of code, I apologize for it. Just a topic that sort of touched home for me after I saw a few responses. Regardless, I still respect everyone's opinion.

I was born and raised in a little town name Forest City, North Carolina. After graduation, I followed my brother and sister foot steps and joined the military at 17. After spending 20 years in the service and retiring, I started working Dept of State overseas contracts for about 6 years. After that, I decide to be a State Trooper her in Atlanta for a little while. Right now, I'm trying to enjoy being retired lol.

I've been a duke fan since growing up as a kid, while the rest of my family are cheat fans including my cousins. So it's been verbal battles for years and will continue to be. I have been reading these boards, as well as a premium member for many years, cracking up at some of the post here. I'm hoping one of these day I can put faces to the names that I have read post on. The wife and I came down to the open practice last year while spending 3 days hanging out on campus, and got great pictures for my man cave. We already have plans to come down on the 14th to the open practice and got my tickets to the FSU game that day as well. Again, sorry if I broke any rules by posting last last night.

If any of you guys are ever in Atlanta area, look me up. I'm about 15 min from the downtown area. Also, if there are any other vets here, there is a web site that reserve game tickets for vets for college games. I got 2 tickets for 14 bucks. Hopefully I can finally make a game in Cameron this year somehow lol.
Welcome, New Guy.
OFC

You will have to take that up with Mac. He is the last word on potted meat. Sky is his consultant...OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Oh no soldier, you're not getting off that easy. The rest of us have been tortured, I mean pleasured with it, so you'll drop down and give us 20 then eat it with a smile

Reactions: hart2chesson
Oh no soldier, you're not getting off that easy. The rest of us have been tortured, I mean pleasured with it, so you'll drop down and give us 20 then eat it with a smile

You'll love it! OADD and Sky will vouch!

OFC

retiredsoldier just to let you know if you don't OFC stands for old fart's club. The qualifications for to be a member is to be 55 years old and older or a Duke fan prior to Coach K. It is totally optional to you. If you choose to be just add OFC at the end of all your post. I have feeling you are going to be a great poster for a long time to come. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
retiredsoldier just to let you know if you don't OFC stands for old fart's club. The qualifications for to be a member is to be 55 years old and older or a Duke fan prior to Coach K. It is totally optional to you. If you choose to be just add OFC at the end of all your post. I have feeling you are going to be a great poster for a long time to come. OFC
Dang Sky, I'm sorry but I'm going on 51 this October, but I do qualify for the second part so with that being said, I'm in. OFC

Welcome aboard sir! It's gonna be a fun season my friend.

You muscle car guys are all the same!

Where ya at in Ga? I'm up in Woodstock.

Welcome aboard sir! It's gonna be a fun season my friend.
What's going on Show? Yes it is going to be a great season. How's that new bike working out? I saw the picture you posted. Nothing against you, but I'm still riding sportbikes lol. Not too late to trade it in:)OFC

I'm in SW Atlanta off I-285. About 15 min from the airport. OFC

Well man I guess I have to treat you to a couple nice cold fat tire beers and the best wings on the north side for a Duke game in my rocking Duke themed home theater / man cave this year. Bring that fancy whip too ;)

Brian

Well man I guess I have to treat you to a couple nice cold fat tire beers and the best wings on the north side for a Duke game in my rocking Duke themed home theater / man cave this year. Bring that fancy whip too ;)

Brian
Sounds good man, but can I substitute the cold beer for a cold soda lol? That's crazy because I have a duke themed theatre/man cave. Sounds like a plan as long as no rain involved. OFC

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT