ADVERTISEMENT

New 2018 Hoops Offer

I like having a lot of good shooters. Hopefully his future goes through durham.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think we're seeing a change in recruiting strategy. More lower ranked recruits (but still 4 star) who would stay 2-4 years, the kind Villanova, Xavier, etc. rely on. I like the mix better than we've seen the past few years.

In K (and staff) I trust.

He does drop that ball down pretty low on the catch and shoot, but it is pure!

Alan

IMO I honestly don't think Coach will be around much longer. I think he's recruiting this way to help whoever may take over for him ease into the situation and have more upperclassman. Just my opinion

IMO I honestly don't think Coach will be around much longer. I think he's recruiting this way to help whoever may take over for him ease into the situation and have more upperclassman. Just my opinion
I agree with this.

I also feel coach is over recruiting kids who should stay for 2 or 3 years and then end up leaving after 1. Maybe that's just me as a fan though.

Aren't we at a point, though, where we can read that into every recruit and recruiting class? If we're stocking up on OADs, he is swinging for the fences in his final at-bat. If he is recruiting 3-4 year guys, he's setting up Koach C. If there's a balance, he's trying to go out on a championship in 3 years. If he's recruiting a post player from Ecuador and a combo guard from Tanzania who is really more of a short shooting guard, he has 2 years left and will announce it 2 weeks after the season ends, unless that post player has dual-citizenship, in which case K has 2 years left, but won't announce that he's done until August.

Did he already visit? If so, Any feedback on how that went

I don't what you mean by not being around much longer...1 year? 3 years? 5 years? Coach K is 70, so he gets to hang it up anytime. But from what I have seen in his media interviews I think its closer to 5 years, then it is to 1 year. Just saying.

From all the info coming out the camp going on right now, Cole Swider is looking very good.

I'm guessing he's about the same size and skill set as Jordan Tucker?

From all the info coming out the camp going on right now, Cole Swider is looking very good.

I'm guessing he's about the same size and skill set as Jordan Tucker?

Taller and more of a 4. Tucker is a tall shooting guard with a much better handle. Swider can rebound and defend some in the post, but defense is far from his skill set. He and Tucker are the same in that regard. Both can shoot and shoot well.

Reactions: Dattier
So if we are his dream school, do we expect a decision soon? I don't really care when he decides, I was just curious as to whether you guys thought this could be a quick decision.

Bumping this thread up. Swider has cut his list to Syracuse, Xavier, Villanova and Duke. He has set his official visits up with Syracuse being June 18-20, Duke June 23-24, Xavier 26-27 of June and Villanova is TBD. This is all according to Swider's Twitter

damn, I hope you are wrong on this...

Also sounds like Swider isn't going to drag this out. A decision could come in the next month....or even sooner.

Just a reminder that Swider starts his visit today. He will be on campus till tomorrow

I don't know about that. He is supposed to visit Xavier next week and Nova is TBD. I get the feeling Swider wants his recruitment over soon

That might help, but I don't he would ever play with them at Duke.

Hard to say with high school kids. I never thought Luke would would be a lottery pick as a sophomore. I never thought we'd get a 4th year out of Grayson. I never thought Frank Jackson was a OAD. I never thought Bolden would be fighting for a starting spot in year 2.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Hard to say with high school kids. I never thought Luke would would be a lottery pick as a sophomore. I never thought we'd get a 4th year out of Grayson. I never thought Frank Jackson was a OAD. I never thought Bolden would be fighting for a starting spot in year 2.
Fair point....I guess to be more accurate I could have said, "I bet those guys would be thinking, "he could come here, but I'm not going to be here to play with him."

But you're right -- I would have struck out on who would go where on Kennard, Grayson, and Bolden.

And I never thought we'd get beat by South Carolina.

And I never thought we'd get beat by South Carolina.
Unfortunately I did. That was an awful matchup. But I digress- as far as this recruitment, I don't know much but if he's deciding this quickly and we are his dream school, I'd guess we'd be the pick, but if his goal is to play a lot of minutes then clearly he will go to Xavier or elsewhere.

Reactions: dbav
if he's deciding this quickly and we are his dream school, I'd guess we'd be the pick, but if his goal is to play a lot of minutes then clearly he will go to Xavier or elsewhere.

Yeah seems like I recall Clint making similar comments on the other board

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT