ADVERTISEMENT

NBA summer league

Anyone notice Grayson’s first game? 11 pts, 8 boards, and 7 assists in only 22 minutes.
Q posted about this in the pinned NBA thread. Didn’t catch any of it but happy to see the balanced stat sheet. Really can’t overstate how much of a perfect fit this was for Grayson. Perfect low key city, perfect coach and system and they’re building.

Reactions: kraldaddy630
He shot terribly, but had an overall nice game. From reading stats of the other games, seems like most rookies had off shooting nights. Was happy to see the audience go crazy whenever he came in. Looks like he’s already won the jazz fans over.

Happy for G! I hope he has a very satisfying career!! I will never forget his 2015 championship play!

Many jazz fans out here don’t like him and continue to question the pick. Personally I think it was a great pick and he will fit perfectly with the jazz. Most here still have issue with his actions in college and the history of jazz picking white players who don’t pan out, crazy but fan is short for FANatic so yeah

He shot terribly, but had an overall nice game. From reading stats of the other games, seems like most rookies had off shooting nights. Was happy to see the audience go crazy whenever he came in. Looks like he’s already won the jazz fans over.

Well look at that. Let Tre do his thing and he DOES HIS THING. Should’ve let him run the show more and do pick and roll

Reactions: dukehokie
I see a guy trying to guard Duval at half court and no scouting report ....hahaha. He’s 2/2 from 3 (my only surprise) and 50% from the line. He showed his usuall explosiveness . Turnovers....I see the same guy from Duke . He’s got a long ways to go and I’m rooting for him, but none of this suprises me in summer league. Besides yea 2/2. Yea I’m negative, but he has the potential !!! Anytime you have that athletic ability!! .....We should have ran the pick and roll.....:)...summer league fits him well (just play) Shock the world!!!

Last edited:
I see a guy trying to guard Duval at half court and no scouting report ....hahaha. He’s 2/2 from 3 (my only surprise) and 50% from the line. He showed his usuall explosiveness . Turnovers....I see the same guy from Duke . He’s got a long ways to go and I’m rooting for him, but none of this suprises me in summer league. Besides yea 2/2. Yea I’m negative, but he has the potential !!! Anytime you have that athletic ability!! .....We should have ran the pick and roll.....:)...summer league fits him well (just play) Shock the world!!!

For you not know any better

For you not know any better
Yea what does K and I know. Hell almost everybody. Lol. We should of had you running the show. Here we go! Over 1 summer league game! Lol I got a feeling this will be you all year crying we should of ran the pick and roll.We get it!!!!!! I hope you do though! It would mean Duval is shocking the world! Lol. The difference between me and you is I’m not coming to the board over a bad game and commenting (I told you so)...In summer league....over your usuall (so little) I’m rooting for the kid. Your rooting for your criticism of K and yourself or something lol. Regardless of what happens with him moving forward it doesn’t change my stance on how we used him at (that time) at Duke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dukeman
I watched some of the game tonight and Ayton had a better game. Bagley was settling for jumpers that were off tonight.

Yea what does K and I know. Hell almost everybody. Lol. We should of had you running the show. Here we go! Over 1 summer league game! Lol I got a feeling this will be you all year crying we should of ran the pick and roll.We get it!!!!!! I hope you do though! It would mean Duval is shocking the world! Lol. The difference between me and you is I’m not coming to the board over a bad game and commenting (I told you so)...In summer league....over your usuall (so little) I’m rooting for the kid. Your rooting for your criticism of K and yourself or something lol. Regardless of what happens with him moving forward it doesn’t change my stance on how we used him at (that time) at Duke.

You don’t understand basketball. You just say you agree with whatever Koach says because he’s a hall of famer. If that’s how you do then that’s cool

Reactions: PatrickYates
You don’t understand basketball. You just say you agree with whatever Koach says because he’s a hall of famer. If that’s how you do then that’s cool
You think you know more then a dang HOF. lol. And no I don’t . I think he’s sometimes stubborn and question his (in) game adjustments sometimes....nobody’s perfect..... but at the end of the day I know I’m just a fan and don’t know more then him. you don’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukesince91
You have an inability to see past your initial thought, what you see, why things were that way, how it impacts, Etc, and see the big picture .

Ayton looked really good and efficient. If he gets more aggressive and learns to play the game he’ll have an Embiid type impact. Clearly better than Bagley at this point. Love Bags motor though. If he can fix that jumper, he’ll be a really good player in the league.

Why is ESPN not going crazy over the cheap shot Grayson took last night and calling out the nobody who checked him as being a “dirty player”???

You think you know more then a dang HOF. lol. And no I don’t . I think he’s sometimes stubborn and question his (in) game adjustments sometimes....nobody’s perfect..... but at the end of the day I know I’m just a fan and don’t know more then him. you don’t.

aight homie

I don’t often agree with IPSY, but here, he’s not wrong. Agreed K isn’t always right, but he knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than any knucklehead posting his thoughts here. LOL

I don’t often agree with IPSY, but here, he’s not wrong. Agreed K isn’t always right, but he knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than any knucklehead posting his thoughts here. LOL

He may know a lot more but he can be wrong too. Like when he played Delaurier, Bagley and Carter. Dumbest lineup ever

Or when he had Carter and Bagley, and didn't run a PnR. Second dumbest decision of last year.
I thought at the end of the game the best play would be running the pick and roll with Marvin and Grayson. They rarely did that- they then tried at the end of the KU game....only issue is, it probably should have been with Duval and Bagley at that point bc of how good Duval was playing. Ironic, bc it would have taken the ball from the senior with the experience to the wild card freshmen. That happened another time- in 98 vs UK the ball was in the hands of Avery at the end, over the senior Wojo. It didn’t work out, but it was the right call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT