ADVERTISEMENT

Movie Thread

I’m watching Hall Pass today. The comedic stuff gets me. First gift my wife bought me while dating was “Naked Gun” trilogy on DVD. I was sold.

I’m watching Hall Pass today. The comedic stuff gets me. First gift my wife bought me while dating was “Naked Gun” trilogy on DVD. I was sold.

Same here. Plus, we all need to laugh right now.

Any good Amazon Prime or Netflix series suggestions? I just finished re-watching season two of Ozark last night so I'm prepared when season three drops on March 29. Also enjoyed Sneaky Pete but that was canceled after three seasons.

Any good Amazon Prime or Netflix series suggestions? I just finished re-watching season two of Ozark last night so I'm prepared when season three drops on March 29. Also enjoyed Sneaky Pete but that was canceled after three seasons.
Watch all 5 series of "Bosch" on Prime.
The Exorcist. Silence of the Lambs. Serpico. The French Connection. Any movie with Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleaf.

Any good Amazon Prime or Netflix series suggestions?

If you want something really weird, try Sense8 on Netflix. Lost In Space is really good too.

On amazon, I really enjoyed The Boys. That show was nuts in a good way. Jack Ryan as well.

And of course, the Mandalorian on Disney+.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
If you want something really weird, try Sense8 on Netflix. Lost In Space is really good too.

On amazon, I really enjoyed The Boys. That show was nuts in a good way. Jack Ryan as well.

And of course, the Mandalorian on Disney+.
I second the boys and season 2 is coming out soon.

that season finale cliff hanger was wild.

Reactions: Hurley22 and dbav

Yeah, I need to do that with Ozark is well. I'm really pumped for the next season.

Ozark is one of the best shows out there right now. So pumped for season 3. Have you watched The Man In the High Castle on Prime? Any Longmire fans here? Also, I love, The Handmaid's Tale, Westworld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Breaking Bad, and so many others. As far as films go, anyone watch Paddleton on Netflix? What an amazing film, though I would suggest having tissues handy.

Reactions: pisgah101
I'm an old movie buff. Some of my Favorites:

Seven Samurai (Really any Akira Kurosawa film)
Yojimbo (Another Akira Kurosawa)
Captains Courageous (Freddie Bartholomew and Spenser Tracy)
The Good Earth
Inn of the Seventh Happiness
The One-Armed Swordsman
37th Chamber of Shaolin
Ben Hur
It's a Wonderful Life
Andy Hardy Films

Patriot. Seies on Amazon I think. Not the comedian series. A bit different.
A Fish Called Wands

I did see wind river. It wasnt as good to me as it was a little slow. The locations were beautiful though. 1917 and Once Upon A Time look awesome but havent made it to those yet. Mainly because I normally watch from the couch. Knives out is probably near the top of the queue for me. I did see the Irishman, and it was good but kinda will never equal goodfellas. I did love 3 billboards. That cast was fantastic. Darkest hour seems interesting as I love period pieces.

You seem to know a lot and our tastes seem similar. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

My wife and I try to see all the nominated films each year and a lot of the top Independent Films. We love movies. We love all sorts, from action, to comedy, to family, etc. I like good sci-fi but neither of us are really into horror films.

An entertaining but underrated film is, "Yesterday." It's a "feel good" film that sort of re-introduces the Beatles to the world. Won't win awards but still quite good.

We really like the writer, Richard Curtis. Most of his films are very positive, feel-good, friendship based. He also wrote Love Actually, About Time (very good), Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, and the Bridget Jones' series. He was also the creator and co-writer of Mr. Bean with Rowan Atkinson (they are great friends) and teamed up with RA for Black Adder as well.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
My wife and I try to see all the nominated films each year and a lot of the top Independent Films. We love movies. We love all sorts, from action, to comedy, to family, etc. I like good sci-fi but neither of us are really into horror films.

An entertaining but underrated film is, "Yesterday." It's a "feel good" film that sort of re-introduces the Beatles to the world. Won't win awards but still quite good.

We really like the writer, Richard Curtis. Most of his films are very positive, feel-good, friendship based. He also wrote Love Actually, About Time (very good), Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, and the Bridget Jones' series. He was also the creator and co-writer of Mr. Bean with Rowan Atkinson (they are great friends) and teamed up with RA for Black Adder as well.

I always have an Oscar party for friends. We fill out our picks and have a friendly bet. Been at it now for about 10 years, a lot of fun. Plus, we've even developed drinking games for certain things. Anyway, my love for movies comes directly from watching old westerns with my grandpa as a kid. Which then moved into a vast array of genres once I started to venture out on my own. What really opened it up for me was a local mom n' pop video store that allowed you to rent 7 movies for $7 for 7 days. Each weekend as a young pre-teen fella, except during tournament time, I would go and rent 7 movies. Can't begin to tell you how much I educated myself throughout that period of time. Once I got my licence I was at the cinema each weekend too. Has always been my first love. Mr. Bean and Black Adder are both freaking hilarious. Love Rowan. The guy is one of the few people who can make me laugh without ever uttering a single syllable. You mentioned Sci-Fi, favorites? I apologize beforehand, I go crazy with lists. Some favorites of mine: Blade Runner, Alien, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Thing (1982), The Fly (1986), 2001, Aliens, Arrival, 12 Monkeys, Brazil, Robocop, Predator and Predator 2, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzi Across the 8th Dimension, Interstellar, Moon, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), The Matrix, The Fountain, Ex Machina, Blade Runner 2049, Children of Men, 1984, A Clockwork Orange, The Truman Show, Star Wars original trilogy, Soylent Green, The Omega Man, Total Recall, Mad Max, The Road Warrior, Fury Road, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Star Trek: First Contact, They Live, District 9, Edge of Tomorrow, Her, Looper, Inception, Rollerball (1975), 28 Days Later, Donnie Darko, Back to the Future trilogy, First two Terminator films (though I did enjoy Dark Fate quite a bit more than I thought I would), Battle Royale, Melancholia, The Prestige, Videodrome, Under the Skin, Outland (basically High Noon in space with Sean Connery in the Gary Cooper role), Cloud Atlas, Take Shelter, Serenity (Love Firefly), Contact, Escape From New York, War of the Worlds, A Scanner Darkly, Happy Accidents, Galaxy Quest, eXistenZ, Starman, Dreamscape, Gravity, Scanners, Repo Man, The Martian, The Man Who Fell to Earth, ET, Minority Report, Dark City (both versions), Wall-E, Logan's Run, Westworld television series and the original film, love the Planet of the Apes series (new and original), Gattaca, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Annihilation, Seconds, The Abyss, Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters II (can't wait for Afterlife), Silent Running, The Lost World, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951), Akria, Timecrimes, Super 8, Midnight Special, Signs, A.I: Artificial Intelligence, Dredd, Predestination, The World's End, Men in Black trilogy (hated the new film), Source Code, and there are more I am probably forgetting. Sorry for the long ass list. I got started and couldn't stop, haha Any I have left out?

Grosse pointe blank. .....love John cusiak

John Cusack is a national treasure. Actually got to meet him last year. Extremely nice man, quiet at first, but once we started talking High Fidelity he got going. Plus, we share similar ideologies, so he and I bonded over that. It was funny, because my buddy that was with me couldn't stand him beforehand and now because of that interaction he is loving him some Cusack now, haha Oh and I love Grosse Pointe Blank. One of my go to films. Alan Arkin and Dan Aykroyd are the unsung heroes of that one.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Anybody on here watch Westworld? My favorite show on TV right now. Second season had some down spots, but season 3 has started well.

I love the final destination series. The way the last one tied back to the first one was really cool too

Some of my favorites besides horror movies....

Coming To America
Dumb and Dumber
Rounders
Shaw Shank Redemption
The Outsiders

Grosse Point Blank is fantastic. Fight scene with the Bowie/Queen song is epic!

Ozark is one of the best shows out there right now. So pumped for season 3. Have you watched The Man In the High Castle on Prime? Any Longmire fans here? Also, I love, The Handmaid's Tale, Westworld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Breaking Bad, and so many others. As far as films go, anyone watch Paddleton on Netflix? What an amazing film, though I would suggest having tissues handy.

longmire is one of my favorites ever

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Scream holds the title for me with “scary” movies. Loved the last Halloween as well

Watched a really good one the other day. Wish Man. True story. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed at all.

Not a movie, but Tiger King on Netflix is AWESOME. Crazy crazy people in this world.

Reactions: HuffyJB
Not a movie, but Tiger King on Netflix is AWESOME. Crazy crazy people in this world.

It's blowing up on social media right now....I'm thinking of giving it a try this weekend.

Season three of Ozark drops Sunday on Netflix, so I know for sure I'll be binge-watching that for a few days.

It's blowing up on social media right now....I'm thinking of giving it a try this weekend.

Season three of Ozark drops Sunday on Netflix, so I know for sure I'll be binge-watching that for a few days.
It is well worth watching, great entertainment.
I'm also a massive Ozark fan, believe it drops tonight at Midnight though, can't wait.

Reactions: dukiejay

Haha my cousin watched it and told me to check it out - once I started I couldn't stop. It is the most bizarre story! It's crazy.

Reactions: jwill133
Some fun British heist flicks would help cheer everyone up as well. I strongly recommend Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels and Snatch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT