ADVERTISEMENT

Me watching Zion shoot threes last night

lyonhawk

All American
Sep 8, 2003
6A3f.gif

Happy!!!!!! One of the funniest movies of all time right there my opinion. I know I’ve watched it at least 20 times. Hell anything Adam Sandler is funny. That’s me in another life. I mean it’s scarey. If I had to describe myself, I’d tell you to watch a few of his movies. That’s me. Idk if that’s a good thing or bad lmao!

I'm still fine with him not shooting them anymore.

But I'm for everytime he hits one. Heven has proved that he is capable of making them so opponents will have to be aware of it. If he continues to make the occasional 3 it will open up his drive to the basket even more because whoever's guarding him will have to go out farther. But I do agree with you to the point in that he doesn't need to be firing them up 3 or 4 times a game. OFC

Last edited:
I don't want Zion shooting 7 or 8 three's a game (unless he makes them of course:cool:), but I don't mind him taking a couple a game because the defense basically gives him a long free throw...and Zion has a fairly decent looking shot. Think he probably has been practicing that shot, and he toes it up really close to the line...'cause no one is close.

OFC

I got more confidence in Zion making a open 3 then RJ making his usually contested/step back 3 shit. What’s its like 31% vs 29 % I don’t know. Got no problem with Zion taking those.

I got more confidence in Zion making a open 3 then RJ making his usually contested/step back 3 shit. What’s its like 31% vs 29 % I don’t know. Got no problem with Zion taking those.

I don’t know, RJ has hit more threes on the move than standing still. His stand still three percentage has to be about 3%. On the move I bet he’s somewhere around 60%. Haha.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Who was the NBA player that used to shoot free throws granny style and didn’t he shoot something like high 80-90% from the free throw line? His last name was Barry wasn’t it?

Rick Barry’s son, Canyon. He graduated from Florida within the last couple of years. Of course, his father is more known for shooting underhanded free throws, but Canyon adopted the philosophy.

I am ok with Zion taking a 3, as long as it’s a standstill open look. I don’t have any statistics to back me up but I’ll say he can make roughly 40% of those type shots. Even if the other 6/10 are air balls, a 40% clip is not bad. What I don’t want is a single pull up 3 or contested 3. I will call that roughly a 10% shot for him and it will drive down his percentage. You don’t have to be a great shooter to make standstill 3’s, but you also must realize you aren’t a great shooter when deciding which shots to take. If any of that makes sense.

Rick Barry’s son, Canyon. He graduated from Florida within the last couple of years. Of course, his father is more known for shooting underhanded free throws, but Canyon adopted the philosophy.
Rick Barry was who I was thinking of but couldn’t think of his first name.

I don’t know, RJ has hit more threes on the move than standing still. His stand still three percentage has to be about 3%. On the move I bet he’s somewhere around 60%. Haha.
Fair, well...hmmmm how about I got more confidence in Zion making his open 3 then RJ making a 3 then. And I have almost damn near no confidence in anyone on this team making their 3 besides Alex and Jack haha...Cams up in the air.

Reactions: dukehokie
Btw wasn’t that 1st 3 Zion took and made RJ like? Or did I see it wrong? Man I hate those and I was like not Zion now!!!!! Haha these guys haven’t figured out when to try to take over a game and shoot those shots yet. When they’re needed. When they’re good shots. Rhythm. All that stuff. Plus there’s so much talent on this team is their a need for those? Drives me crazy and I got to tell myself they’re just kids.

True Well...hmmmm how about I got more confidence in Zion making his open 3 then RJ making a 3 then. And I have almost damn near no confidence in anyone on this team making their 3 besides Alex and Jack haha...Cams up in the air.
Come on Ipsy. RJ may not be a deadly shooter, but he can make them.
Alex is the one who needs to figure out how to get some shots. I’d take him to a barber for starters, then have him hang out with Jack for some toughness.

I think RJ and Zion both need to be good enough from three that their defender has to guard them out there. RJ keeps hitting that Harden step back like he did last night though and he’s unguardable. Same for Zion hitting 75% of his open threes.

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
Alex is the one who needs to figure out how to get some shots. I’d take him to a barber for starters, then have him hang out with Jack for some toughness.
Haha, he makes them when he gets them though. I’m all in for the barber. Maybe we can start a gofund me whatever it’s called to get it done!

Reactions: Mac9192

I will say his defense is strong better and better. Off ball anyway. He’s anticipating passing lanes well.

I wish AOC would develop some of RJ's fearlessness. He takes one dribble and he's done. Different strokes and all that...

I think Zion has to take a wide open 3 occasionally to keep the defense honest. As long as they're close to going in (not the air ball kind).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT