ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin and Wendell: Best Ever Front court at Duke?

TheDude1

Cameron Crazy
Apr 15, 2010
Was thinking... they've got to be our best ever starting front court, right?

Who else would be in the running?

Shane and Los?

Did Shane ever start with Elton?

They may be, both are studs. If we cut the nets down in April they will go down as best ever, and the team itself will be one of the best ever as well.

Top 3 at worst. But you could easily argue them being
Was thinking... they've got to be our best ever starting front court, right?

Who else would be in the running?

Shane and Los?

Did Shane ever start with Elton?
Battier started with Brand for 2 years. So he started with Brand and Boozer.

Bagley and Carter are top 3 at worst IMO

Right now top three.Imo the most talented ever but have to let the season play out.Think it was 89 when we had Ferry,Christian and Abenaba

They are our most talented duo ever, IMO.
If we win the championship, than they can be considered the best ever.

Also could be safe to say than they end up being the richest big man duo ever.

I would say Brand and Battier was better. As much as I like Wendell and Marvin, Brand would have physically abused both of them and Battier would have defended them to the point of making them cry. At least that's my opinion, and I'll make the qualification that this is just in my lifetime. The OFC may have more to say. I'm sure the G-man teamed with anyone would have been formidable to say the least.

I did want to say, I really feel like Wendell has gotten more and more assertive as the season has gone on. I feel like he would shy away from the big spot and defer early in the season, but now he is being fully assertive and will have a go at everyone. I really like that.

Brand and Battier would be the others in the conversation, but when they shared the floor, Battier wasn't what he would become yet (though he was damn good).

Tough call. I want to go with Battier and Brand, but if we are going to compare them, we have to compare how everyone played their freshman season, including Laettner. with that said, I think I would lean toward Bags and Wendell. Battier and Laettner stayed 4 years, and I don't remember their freshman seasons being terribly dominant. Imagine Bags and Wendall as seniors!!

Reactions: DukeDenver
If you let them both get 2 years older, they'd have it hands down. I do think Brand and Battier have the advantage defensively and intangibles, but it's a hard comparison to make. Bagley and Carter both seem to be pretty comfortable shooting threes, and might be even better in a few months. Great discussion.

This is random but Carter could have a Demarcus Cousins type ceiling. He has that diverse skillset. He has a better motor than Cousins at this age though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT