ADVERTISEMENT

Luka Samanic

Minimalizam‏@AttackTheRack 2h2 hours ago
Minimalizam Retweeted Lewis

He was rumored as potential Duke player for next season, but with that freshman class, not sure he would get full exposure there too.

Minimalizam added,

Lewis@halfglennie
Looks like Luka Samanic is leaving FCB. Unlikely to be the only one - given the limited/non existent opportunities being offered at the Blaugrana. Potential lottery pick in 2019.

Reactions: christophero
Definitely need bigs
Pssh! Euro-big.
giphy.gif

Watched some video today. This kid can flat out ball. He looks like a 6-10 Joey Baker.

It just now came to my attention, but would he even be eligible to play college since he has been paid to play professionally?

It just now came to my attention, but would he even be eligible to play college since he has been paid to play professionally?

Sure. He'd have to sit out a few games, but that is the nature of the euro developmental system, and the NCAA wants to work on that. Smartly, as Euro talent might be able to replace American's heading straight for the pros.
Frankly, he sounds like Cam Reddish. Both have had their motors questioned. K does wonders with that. Further, this kid is a good passer and good shooter. With our cutters, and his ability to step out and make 3s, I'll take him.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
A lot of kids don't take a salary.

Also true. The euro developmental rules/leagues are byzantine and bizarre. I think this kid is on the upper team.
Even so, beyond a "salary" the teams are allowed to reimburse for room and board much like AAu teams do.

Also read the bio on him and he stated if he attended college it wouldn’t be until 2019.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT