ADVERTISEMENT

Luck

pisgah101

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 26, 2005
so they always say you can’t win a championship without some luck. We had a lot of that today. Is it time to panic? Or what other former champions have had this close of a call outside of duke 92 and NC st back in the day

Reactions: PixelDevil
It depends. We can absolutely still win it all, but we can't play the Zion vs 5 people game. Barrett was not aggressive at all tonight, hung around doing a bunch of nothing for a long time. Cam got hot in the first half and didn't really do much in second half either. A good team would have blown us out tonight, BUT, we have the talent to crush everyone....

We just have to get it all together.

Reactions: pisgah101
Butler in '10, though that was the NC game.

Could say Baylor in '10 with the Dawkins shots.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Negative outlook: that is 3/4 mediocre halves

I actually like playing a familiar opponent next Round. But really hoping LSU knocks out Michigan State because Spartans are ideal opponent

Reactions: PixelDevil
If we learn from our mistakes then we should be good going forward. But if we continue to do the same dumb crap that gets us in a hole, then no amount of luck will help us going forward. Gonna put my faith in Coach and the main in my AV and be hopeful going forward.

Huge duke fan here and long time reader of the boards. I’m glad Duke pulled it out just wish they didn’t have to play the Hokies as VT is my alma mater. I really was hoping to see Duke play in dc without the added stress of them playing tech. Oh well. Heres to hoping duke comes out on fire and puts the Hokies away early so I don’t have to feel guilty about routing against them. Stupid question tickets on stub that day full strip are for both Friday and Sunday right?

IMO, Michigan State and Tennessee are the two left that could be the biggest hurdles due to size and experience.

IMO, Michigan State and Tennessee are the two left that could be the biggest hurdles due to size and experience.
Michigan st yes Tennessee no. All Dukes points come in the paint and UT doesn’t have the size that Duke does down low. Schofield and Zion would be a good match up .

Michigan st yes Tennessee no. All Dukes points come in the paint and UT doesn’t have the size that Duke does down low. Schofield and Zion would be a good match up .

Have you send Ut? Schofield and grant Williams are some hosses

Most all the champions have a game where they could have, or should have lost. The holes in 17 had 2 games before the championship game.
Hopefully, today was that game for us.
Just a bad matchup for us tonight. We have no bigs that can take their big with them, so Tacko could just sit back and play second line d. Then Dawkins had a career game.

The missed one at the end? Maybe the man up stairs was letting us have one in return for last season.

Let’s count our blessings and get ready for VT.

Have you send Ut? Schofield and grant Williams are some hosses
Yes, I watched them again today against Iowa that’s why I’m not worried about them like I would be MSU.

I’m not worried about them either but mainly because I don’t trust them to get there. I just hope we make it to where we could meet
Winston doesn’t bother me as much as their frontcourt and IZZO not scared to foul out his entire front court.
On to Va Tech

It depends. We can absolutely still win it all, but we can't play the Zion vs 5 people game. Barrett was not aggressive at all tonight, hung around doing a bunch of nothing for a long time. Cam got hot in the first half and didn't really do much in second half either. A good team would have blown us out tonight, BUT, we have the talent to crush everyone....

A good team did play us tonight. They were well-coached, they had a freakish Center, and a coach’s son who played the game of his career. This was their Superbowl. If they played most any other team in the country like they did tonight, they win. Easily. They shot 50% from three point land. That’s 27 points. You can make the argument that we should have done a better job on defense, and I wouldn’t necessarily argue. But, it’s not like the majority of those 3-point shots were uncontested. Dawkins couldn’t miss and yes, he torched us in a magnificent game. Did we get lucky? Yes. Absolutely. I think we needed that. Good teams need to get tested. It’s a Tournament in which, if you okay an off game, you’re done. Now, Krzyzewski can imbue that upon his team.

Dawkins made a great move in the second half putting Tacko on Tre and then just letting him shoot. Tacko is big enough to give RJ and Zion problems around the rim and when we had them out there with Goldwire, Tre, and Javin, we just had no offense to pull them out of the lane. The good news that came of of this (other than winning) was that everyone not named Tre Jones shot well from 3 today. Cam’s 3 after they missed that oop was huge.

I don't think we got lucky. I think the best team won.
The fact we're even having this conversation after the top overall seed got lucky to beat a Kenpom 35 team shows we're in trouble.

You can go down the list of reasons but the reality is we're a decent team with a superstar who makes us really good. After UK, I think we all thought we had a super team: strong starters, great bench.

Just had to laugh tonight when K said in the presser that we're not a deep team. Maybe his just forgetting that a) he uses that excuse every year; and b) that's 100% on him.

Reactions: sheyduke
yes we had luck but you have to put a good team away. They had us on the ropes and didn't finish. And we seized the opportunity.

Different team, completely didn't scenario

The fact we're even having this conversation after the top overall seed got lucky to beat a Kenpom 35 team shows we're in trouble.

You can go down the list of reasons but the reality is we're a decent team with a superstar who makes us really good. After UK, I think we all thought we had a super team: strong starters, great bench.

Just had to laugh tonight when K said in the presser that we're not a deep team. Maybe his just forgetting that a) he uses that excuse every year; and b) that's 100% on him.

We just won the best conference in the country

Reactions: tripleb71
UNCheats in 2017 against Arkansas who had them beat and a few very favorable calls went their way late especially the block that was a charge on Berry and also in 2005 or 2009 one can’t remember against Villanova just to name a few
This one was on my mind as well.

This really pisses me off. He says the same shat every year. Develop your freaking bench then K! Every other team in America seems to be able to do it why not the “goat” also if I was AOC or Baker I’d just go ahead and transfer. They’re good ball players that sadly won’t get a shot

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT