ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola beats Florida

Also didn’t know if it had been mentioned, but ND went down to Ball St the other night.

Florida losing again just means you can't be one dimensional. We have the win over MSU. Take care of business Saturday, quality wins won't matter as long as Duke doesn't lose more than 3-4 games total. Big game against Boston College.

Reactions: dukiejay
Ehh, ACC isnt its usual strong self this season (as of now).

But as long as Duke win out, we shouldn't have any issue.

Ehh, ACC isnt its usual strong self this season (as of now).

But as long as Duke win out, we shouldn't have any issue.

Relatively, we seem just as strong.

Who seems stronger? Pac12, Big12 and Big Ten all down. SEC was supposed to be better, but Florida loses three in a row and TA&M loses to a struggling Arizona team. Missouri won't be much without Porter.

Reactions: PHXDukie
Yeah, I want Florida to win every game but the one they play against us. If they look like chumps, we look worse.
Hopefully Florida turns it around. I want to count them as a quality win.

I gotta agree with Q and Dude: More quality wins we rack up the better, so I hope Gators get their stuff together. Guys its EARLY DECEMBER for crissakes, and we cant simply count on our team "to keep winning."

Despite our undefeated record, there will be potential conference play landmines, plus you have to account for injury possibilities, slumps, etc. I say get it together Gators, and hope Texas has a good year as well. MSU seeme established as a SOLID resume building win. Remember, historically the committee likes to stick Duke in a tough bracket! OFC

Apparently Florida hit less than 20% from the 3 pt. .line and they are a 3 pt. shooting team. Did Duke play terrible defense against Florida, or is Florida going through a dry spell after peaking for Duke? I guess we'll see as the season progresses.

Apparently Florida hit less than 20% from the 3 pt. .line and they are a 3 pt. shooting team. Did Duke play terrible defense against Florida, or is Florida going through a dry spell after peaking for Duke? I guess we'll see as the season progresses.
We did play terrible defense against them for 3/4 of the game.. as has been the case with most of our games this year. Still shocked that Florida has lost 2 in a row!

Florida losing again just means you can't be one dimensional. We have the win over MSU. Take care of business Saturday, quality wins won't matter as long as Duke doesn't lose more than 3-4 games total. Big game against Boston College.

I agree. If we keep winning it is really irrelevant.

Bingo and bingo. Control the controlables. There's more parity in college basketball than there's ever been and these kind of 'upsets' should no longer be a surprise. Yes, Florida playing better and winning quality games helps our antiquated formula, but it does nothing more for our team.

Bingo and bingo. Control the controlables. There's more parity in college basketball than there's ever been and these kind of 'upsets' should no longer be a surprise. Yes, Florida playing better and winning quality games helps our antiquated formula, but it does nothing more for our team.

Meh, like I said I think it does nothing but help us for them to win.I think its especially true if we hit some bumps in the road and our "body of work" is more subject to microscope of historically unusual placements of Duke by the committee.JMO

OFC

I'm not worried about this team having to build a resume. As long as we can stay injury free, we will be a #1 seed. Right now, I think it's Duke, Villanova, MSU as 1 seeds. We're just now starting conference play, it's always fun to see how everything plays out.

Meh, like I said I think it does nothing but help us for them to win.I think its especially true if we hit some bumps in the road and our "body of work" is more subject to microscope of historically unusual placements of Duke by the committee.JMO

OFC
I get what you're saying, but what this shows me more than anything is you have to have multiple ways of winning games. Florida was 2-19 shooting the 3 I think. It's why I like the makeup of our team, and as long as we stay focused for each game, we will be fine.
Duke is everyone's biggest game, and hopefully K is reminding them that the arena they're going to Saturday will be rocking, and we better be ready, if not we will be the main story on ESPN.

Reactions: dukesince91
I get what you're saying, but what this shows me more than anything is you have to have multiple ways of winning games. Florida was 2-19 shooting the 3 I think. It's why I like the makeup of our team, and as long as we stay focused for each game, we will be fine.
Duke is everyone's biggest game, and hopefully K is reminding them that the arena they're going to Saturday will be rocking, and we better be ready, if not we will be the main story on ESPN.

Oh I dont doubt THAT THEORY in the least. I just think as the SEASON PROGRESSES, as we get into conference play and then the ENTIRE BODY OF WORK is reviewed, its better for us (especially if we get tripped up here and there) to have victories over as many upper level tier teams as possible. Thats why I hope Florida does well...

I agree w/your theory about feast or famine for the Gators, but I believe coach Mike White will figure it out. You certainly dont have to remind me we're everybody's biggest game....:rolleyes:

OFC

I am not a numbers geek but rely on others instead. When KenPom, Sagarin and the NCAA committee look at wins/losses, do they look at the rank of the team at the time of the game, or the rank at the end of the season? Somehow I thought it was the rank at the time of the game, but I could be (and probably am) wrong.

Reactions: DukeDenver
BGCrazyT-2.gif

Reactions: dbav
I am not a numbers geek but rely on others instead. When KenPom, Sagarin and the NCAA committee look at wins/losses, do they look at the rank of the team at the time of the game, or the rank at the end of the season? Somehow I thought it was the rank at the time of the game, but I could be (and probably am) wrong.
It seems like more useful information to use the ranking of the team at the time of the game, at least after the first ten or so games of the season.

OFC

It doesn’t hurt, but again, it’s nothing Duke can control.

How about KS being beaten on their home court by Washington? Thats a major upset. They never lose there. Just shows if you dont show up every night then any team can be beaten by a motivated underdog. Hope our guys are paying attention!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT