ADVERTISEMENT

Kyrie

Buzzooka Joe

Cameron Crazy
Feb 20, 2006
Ima start this by saying, Kyrie is a HELL of a basketball player. I’m forever grateful he played his one year of college basketball at Duke. If he had not got injured, I believe that team, more than any other Duke team, was our best opportunity to go undefeated and win a national championship.

With that being said... Kyrie is off the rails.

Did he have any signs of this when he was at Duke?

Reactions: hart2chesson
What'd he do?
Just in general.. it’s like every opinion he has on any topic is really “out there”.. I’m not sure if he’s doing it because he truly believes the things he says, or if he’s trying to get a rise out of people.

I’m all for creative thinking.. but you can’t go that far out of the box on every idea.

Nah something happened to him in the nba that made him legit crazy

Just in general.. it’s like every opinion he has on any topic is really “out there”.. I’m not sure if he’s doing it because he truly believes the things he says, or if he’s trying to get a rise out of people.

I’m all for creative thinking.. but you can’t go that far out of the box on every idea.

Ah, okay. He definitely says some odd things at times. I thought he had done or said something else.

He's a little off beat. He can afford to sit out but the young guys and then ones that aren't making his money can't. For some guys their time in the NBA is limited. This year could men a lot to them. OFC

The beauty of being American? You’re free to have thoughts and beliefs like this. Do I agree with him? Mostly no, but then again, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s trolling with some stuff.

Reactions: christophero
Ever since Kyrie left Duke I have questioned just about every decision he has made. I mean....he thought it was a good idea to leave Lebron and be the leader of his own team. That's fine and all, but the team he tried to lead ended up having literally everyone on the team dislike him.

I liked what Austin Rivers said about Kyrie's recent comments, basically said that it's great what Kyrie wants to do and wants to promote but over 95% of the league doesn't have the money Kyrie has and doesn't make nearly that money anyway.

I love Kyrie. He’s a unique individual, though. I’ll just leave it at that.
Yea, and I guess as long as his “unique” views and thoughts aren’t hurting anybody, then it doesn’t matter. I’m just a little worried to see how he will be in say, 20 years. I hope if there is a real issue he is dealing with (mental, substance, or whatever), he gets help sooner than later.

The only thing more embarrassing to Duke than Kyrie was having Oprah give the commencement address in 2009.
OFC

Weirdo, wannabe illuminate type dude. One of my favorite players to watch, but like our president and other nba superstars, he just needs to shut his mouth.

I try to support all Dukies and do a pretty good job of it. I try to look at the positive all our players bring to the program even the ones that transfers or do not become what we expect but the one guy I had no second thoughts about leaving was Taylor King. It's got to the point now that sometimes I can't even remember his name or much of his play . About the only thing I can remember is his aweful free throw shooting. To be such an outstanding or supposed outstanding shooting he couldn't hit a free throw standing under the basket and it seems to me he couldn't hit layups either.Never could figure the dude out. OFC

Reactions: geddoughton23
The only thing more embarrassing to Duke than Kyrie was having Oprah give the commencement address in 2009.
OFC
Why was it embarrassing to have one of the most powerful and influential self-made people in the world give the commencement address?

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
This should be fun to watch......

OFC

No, it won't be fun. It will be a repeat of every other thread when somebody on here lets their sheet show.

I would argue Grayson Allen's actions while wearing a Duke uniform were far more embarrassing to Duke than Kyrie Irving's opinions several years after leaving the school, but hey, Allen stayed 4 years. That is the difference between the two, right?

Reactions: jwill133
I've never defended Allen's antics. They were downright embarrassing. But he did help us win a title so there's that.

Reactions: jwill133
OFC

OK, I was actually going to leave this thread with my above post but I would like to specifically ask you:

What is so embarrassing (let alone the two MOST embarrassing things ever) about having Kyrie wear a Duke uniform for a few months and about Oprah Winfrey delivering a commencement address?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT