ADVERTISEMENT

Kyrie going to the Celtics

Wow...what team they are putting together. I have always been a Hawks fan but MAN it's gonna be hard to not pull for the Celtics with Tatum and Kyrie both there.....I might end up like and traffic light and turning from Red to green!!!.

Boy the Eastern Conference Finals next year are going to be entertaining!

Ok no one is going to remember but I said Kyrie would be perfect for the Celtics back when he ask to be traded. The Celtics are now a big time contender to be in the NBA finals for 2018. OFC

How about the Celtics. OFC

16 skysdad, Jul 21, 2017

I'm telling you guys the Celtics are the team for Kyrie. They are young, no defined super duper star. Look at their roster. He fits in. OFC

45 skysdad, Jul 24, 2017

It seems to me that Kyrie is somewhat being selfish by a lot of people. It's pretty obvious that James is on his way out at Cleveland and certainly they will not be the team that will contend without him. Kyrie knows after James is gone no more titles so why not get out and get established to a up and coming young team. I've already said this but look at the Celtics in 2 to 3 years even without Kyrie. Put him in with their young stars, a young coach who is already one of the NBA's best. There's other teams he could win another championship with but the Celtics are getting ready. OFC

98 skysdad, Jul 30, 2017

Ok to be honest I got a tip from guru gary -7/flatarheel/frankthetarheel that this was going to happen way back in June of this year. ;) OFC

Last edited:
Yea but chemistry was there last year..does KIs who deflate that chemistry? Time will tell
They won like 55-57 games, they weren't some juggernaut. I think our resident Celtics fans here will tell you they'll take that "risk" on chemistry with Kyrie all day, even though they loved IT. Think about it, you weren't winning with the roster that they had, they now don't have to over pay for IT, have Kyrie at a very reasonable price for two years and can still make moves with their two additional picks they still have in their pocket. This was a no brainer on both sides.

Looks like I'm a Celtics fan now! Never thought I'd say that. Irving and Tatum is going to be amazing. Now they just need to trade for Winslow and Okafor.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
They won like 55-57 games, they weren't some juggernaut. I think our resident Celtics fans here will tell you they'll take that "risk" on chemistry with Kyrie all day, even though they loved IT. Think about it, you weren't winning with the roster that they had, they now don't have to over pay for IT, have Kyrie at a very reasonable price for two years and can still make moves with their two additional picks they still have in their pocket. This was a no brainer on both sides.
Preach on...

Reactions: skysdad
Wow! The Celtics getting richer! They are going to be REALLY good next year! Good for Kyrie! Hope he thrives at Boston!

Celtics weren't going to win any titles with their 2017 lineup... Danny has done this before. He traded like 17 players just to land Garnett and Ray Allen. Quality > Quantity. My only reservation, and I'm saying this as a Celtics fan, is relinquishing Brooklyn's #1 pick; that kind of hurts. I mean, Brooklyn had the worst record in the league. The thought of that pick being Michael Porter or Marvin Bagley makes me feel a little uneasy. But, Ainge knew what he was doing. He took a calculated risk. He values Kyrie more than IT and a 1st round draft pick... But this trade does allow more playing time for Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, which will be huge for their development.

Considering all things, it works out pretty well for both teams. Good luck to Kyrie.

OFC

I agree. I don't think Cleveland could have done better than they did - they stayed in the "win now" profile with Lebron by adding a current All-Star in IT to be his running mate, and they also added the future asset of the first round pick. They checked both boxes for sure.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Welp Kyrie got his wish. And yet it will still end the same for him - defeated by the warriors. Until he learns defense nothing will change.

Pulling for Tatum though, love watching him play!

Welp Kyrie got his wish. And yet it will still end the same for him - defeated by the warriors. Until he learns defense nothing will change.

Pulling for Tatum though, love watching him play!
Crazy to think that with all that non defense Kyrie plays. he has a ring. Or did you forget about that?

Reactions: pisgah101
Understandable why both teams made the trade, but it seems like the consensus among NBA executives is that Cleveland won the trade and I agree with that. Kyrie is definitely an upgrade over Thomas, but losing the Nets pick really hurts. They could have potentially gotten two top five picks in a loaded draft to go along with young pieces in Brown, Tatum, and Hayward. I don't see anyone beating GSW for the foreseeable future so having the flexibility with those upcoming picks is probably what I would have done. I know we all love Kyrie, but he's yet to show that he could be the top guy on a winning team. He was -120 with LeBron off the floor last season as well. I'm sure they would rather extend Kyrie than having to make that decision with Thomas next offseason though so, again, I understand why they liked the trade. From an outsider's perspective, it looks like they're in win-now mode, but losing the defensive flexibility of guys like Crowder and Bradley can't be understated when looking at a potential matchup against GSW. I would even still pick Cleveland over them as the favorite to come out the East this season.

I'm stunned they traded Kryie to their #1 contender for the Easter Conf Title, wow.

I'm not seeing what most of you are seeing here. Kyrie's a truly gifted player, but wants to be the man, is that right? Am I wrong to assume he doesn't want to be Lebrons little brother anymore? Someone has to be the sidekick. I'm seeing a selfish player, and I don't care that he played for Duke.
Most of the great ones had a sidekick.
I realize it's a business, but it looks like to me that he's putting his self over winning. I know Boston is trying to load up, but Lebron may have something to say about that.

Reactions: jamsession3
@Mac9192, I think KI sees the writing on the wall. LBJ will be gone from the Land after this season, and then back to the losing ways, the owner has not shown a commitment to the Team, letting the GM go, and I dont think anyone "Forgot" how he handled "the Decision". He is a terrible owner.. Im happy for him.. the C's are a great landing spot. JMHO.

Reactions: Quavarius
I've alway been a Boston Fan, why would anyone not be with the great Larry Bird, D. Johnson, Ainge, McHale, Bill Russell and KG having played for them. Now I will be a more current Boston fan with a couple of Dukies playing there.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Understandable why both teams made the trade, but it seems like the consensus among NBA executives is that Cleveland won the trade and I agree with that. Kyrie is definitely an upgrade over Thomas, but losing the Nets pick really hurts. They could have potentially gotten two top five picks in a loaded draft to go along with young pieces in Brown, Tatum, and Hayward. I don't see anyone beating GSW for the foreseeable future so having the flexibility with those upcoming picks is probably what I would have done. I know we all love Kyrie, but he's yet to show that he could be the top guy on a winning team. He was -120 with LeBron off the floor last season as well. I'm sure they would rather extend Kyrie than having to make that decision with Thomas next offseason though so, again, I understand why they liked the trade. From an outsider's perspective, it looks like they're in win-now mode, but losing the defensive flexibility of guys like Crowder and Bradley can't be understated when looking at a potential matchup against GSW. I would even still pick Cleveland over them as the favorite to come out the East this season.
Kyrie is 25. 2 years left on his contract. Boston is in win mode, but necessarily win now. Their team is among the youngest in the NBA. Boston, if they can lock down Kyrie long term, is set up very well for the future as well.

BTW, Boston did not have Avery Bradley in the lineup against GS last year, at Oracle. Guess who won that game?

I do believe the Cavs made out well too. Both teams can win a trade.

Reactions: dair10
Big time move! Glad they didn't trade Tatum.

The fact they traded Crowder, shows how much faith and how quickly they want Tatum on the floor getting minutes. The kid will be an all-star.

I think I specifically said there's no way it would happen, so what do I know!

I wasn't gonna say anything.

I'm stunned they traded Kryie to their #1 contender for the Easter Conf Title, wow.

Almost wonder if they feel Kyrie isn't the x-factor for a winning team.

Crazy to think that with all that non defense Kyrie plays. he has a ring. Or did you forget about that?

I'm sure it was real hard for him to defend an injured Steph Curry :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Which he barely did anyways.

No, but would Cleveland have beaten GS for that ring with Irving not on the floor? I am guessing not.

No they "probably" wouldn't have won it without Kyrie but I guarantee you they wouldn't even played in NBA finals or probably eastern conference finals if LeBron wasn't there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT