ADVERTISEMENT

Karma coming back on ESPN

I don't know if some of you have seen the news but 100 people are being let go from ESPN with Dana O'Neal being one of them. I hate to see anyone lose a job but she had this coming for the crap she wrote about Grayson Allen.
That's a shame.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
O'Neal covered Grayson as if he were NBA vet, enjoy the off time! Say someone writes an article stating Dana deserved the layoff, bet she wouldn't enjoy the coverage.
Yep, I saw her post on twitter and wanted to respond with something about Grayson but decided not to. I was watching a press conference during the NCAA tournament and Dana asked Grayson a question and he just started laughing during the question and would not even look at her. I believe Frank was doing the presser as well and he just kept looking at Grayson while she was talking. It was subtle but very funny.

I know this isint the Seinfeld thread but It looks like she wasn't queen of the castle

Reactions: dukiejay
Yay Dana O Neil gone!! Cut Michelle Beadle and her crap show next!!

Maybe this is why Jay Bilas and Williams have been pumping up the holes so much. Maybe they predicted this day and they realized they needed to pump sunshine into ESPN's beloved Tarheels to stay on with the network!!

Last edited:
TIme for "The SIx" to get cut too. I know they are targeting a younger, more diverse audience, but young people see right through their crappy attempt to be cool. Sports are cool by themselves, just give us highlights, numbers and the best interviews and keep the damn TMZ style sensationalism out of it. ESPN must be run by a Tar Hole or something.

I am in my 30s, so there was a day when I watched ESPN, and Sportcenter specifically, for the personalities - Dan Patrick, Keith Olbermann, Stuart Scott, Craig Kilborn, Kenny Mayne, Rich Eisen. Those guys were absolutely great. Highlights and humor. But that isn't what it is anymore unfortunately. They have skewed more toward the "sensationalism" side, and it isn't enjoyable.

Last edited:
TIme for "The SIx" to get cut too. I know they are targeting a younger, more diverse audience, but young people see right through their crappy attempt to be cool. Sports are cool by themselves, just give us highlights, numbers and the best interviews and keep the damn TMZ style sensationalism out of it. ESPN must be run by a Tar Hole or something.

Was thinkin' the same thing. Lulz.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Whether or not you watch ESPN, if it is included on your cable package, you are paying ESPN roughly $7 per month, or $84 per year. People have caught on. In the span of maybe 5 years, ESPN has gone from more than 100 million subscribers to less than 88 million. They are losing millions of dollars. I don't pay for ESPN once the college basketball season ends.

I am in my 30s, so there was a day when I watched ESPN, and Sportcenter specifically, for the personalities - Dan Patrick, Keith Olbermann, Stuart Scott, Craig Kilborn, Kenny Mayne, Rich Eisen. Those guys were absolutely great. Highlights and humor. But that isn't what it is anymore unfortunately. They have skewed more toward the "sensationalism" side, and it isn't enjoyable.
You can thank John Skipper for that

Daily debates about the regular season NBA MVP from Feb-Apr gets old fast. Nothing more embarrasing than watching people in late 30's/early 40's trying to be "cool".

Coast to Coast is a much better show.

Those were the days in which you learned something while watching. Not debate, debate, debate!

Reactions: diehardDUKIEnKY
Whether or not you watch ESPN, if it is included on your cable package, you are paying ESPN roughly $7 per month, or $84 per year. People have caught on. In the span of maybe 5 years, ESPN has gone from more than 100 million subscribers to less than 88 million. They are losing millions of dollars. I don't pay for ESPN once the college basketball season ends.
True, but the majority of their revenue is ad based. Less viewers, pageviews/clicks equals less $$$

IIRC, SVP sent out a tweet bitching about the refs in a Duke-Syracuse game. His sorry azz should be fired as well.
He was also referencing other posts on twitter as "evidence" that Hood should have been called for a blocking foul, what a joke!

SVP is the man! One of the last respectable tv personalities they have. I'm just glad Skip Bayless isn't around anymore. Literally one of the most depicable "experts" I've ever heard.

900x900px-LL-8e858f67_CurlyBillWellBye_zps1wx1kisw.jpeg

Reactions: dbav
I don't know if some of you have seen the news but 100 people are being let go from ESPN with Dana O'Neal being one of them. I hate to see anyone lose a job but she had this coming for the crap she wrote about Grayson Allen.

Let's have a moment of silence, while I wipe away a tear.

OFC

I'll have my moment of silence right .. there in-between those two periods. I'm done.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT