ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Tucker and Jack White involved

DukeDenver

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2010
Triad, NC
This probably doesn't need its own thread, but I wanted to make sure folks noticed. Mr. White and Mr. Tucker's body language and engagement was great last night, despite no minutes. That tells me plenty about their mindsets. I hope they realize their teammates, coaches and us fans appreciate the buy in. Keep it up gentlemen. Good things will happen.

This probably doesn't need its own thread, but I wanted to make sure folks noticed. Mr. White and Mr. Tucker's body language and engagement was great last night, despite no minutes. That tells me plenty about their mindsets. I hope they realize their teammates, coaches and us fans appreciate the buy in. Keep it up gentlemen. Good things will happen.
Agreed, great post. Those guys should be talking with guys like Grayson and Javin who have had to wait their turns and when their number was called they responded.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Good post Denver. Hope they understand this is a loaded team and there's going to be some games where maybe they don't play, but be ready for the times when they may get called in. I would have been mad had Allen went out of the game. The bench is as important as the guys who play. Don't rock the boat.

They can't fool me. Behind that positive body language is the intent to transfer ASAP.

They can't fool me. Behind that positive body language is the intent to transfer ASAP.

Yep, I've heard being a Duke basketball player really sucks. I mean, who would want to be a handsome, tall guy where everyone worships you? The food is supposed to be all gourmet and tasty... gross. It turns out the classes really challenge you on interesting topics too. Sounds awful.

I'd rather be at UNC, where Rashad McCants is the standard of excellence.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Good thread and yes, I did notice them on the bench. Lots of excitement and energy on the whole team and everyone looks to be involved, one way or the other. Great to see!

I want to see Tucker and White get more burn on Friday especially Tucker. Like I said in another thread Duke is gonna run southern out of the gym, so why not put them in to get minutes.

As long as they stay engaged in games they will. Jack has slot of adapting to do at the college level and Tucker just has to show he wants it.

Look no further then Goldwire and O'Connell to show you what determination will do. For them to see the floor against MSU was huge.

I glad some one watched their body language last night. I thought about it but was so excited about the game I forgot. Happy to hear it was the Go duke body language rather than the transfer body language. This might be interesting to do the rest of the year. By mid season we should know who all is transferring next year. Good thread. Thanks DukeDenver .;) OFC

Nice post Denver! Thats good to hear, the more chemistry the better! OFC

Well IMO we will see Tucker and White get meaningful minutes this year at some point. We've got some great practices we havent had in a while with a healthy team! OFC

Both Jack & Jordan T may not get on the court as much as either had hoped. They do have skills that would benefit the team but also areas that need development to earn the trust of the staff.

Jack is physically strong and a huge wing span. He can shoot the ball but what he does really well is rebound for his size. Herein is the improvements that need to be made. He's not athletic or agile for his size thus will struggle against 3's and bigger athletic 4's. As he works on his agility and lateral quickness and continues to add strength then his true skills on the court will shine. He would add a good element to next year's rotation if (when) Zion choses elsewhere.

Jordan T is a pure shooter who can also score in other ways. Duke didn't just recruit him after Knox went to UK, Duke already had an open rapport with him where he knew where things stood. Jordan needs to embrace the defensive side of the game and set his mind to learning the ins and outs. Playing D isn't a strength of his but it is an area he should focus on to earn PT.

Players who transfer due to PT or opportunity need to buy into the development plan and be a part of what that plan is. Allow the players to identify the areas to be developed, have them state how and what they will do to improve and make it measurable. The staff and the program can add the necessary supports and resources for the players. I have experienced that the players (and families) don't agreed on the plan or the vision for the player and opt to leave. This is such a disconnect.

I feel both Jordan T and Jack will stick it out. Jordan bc he chose Duke knowing where he stood in the staffs opinion and Jack bc as a next year Jr he is one year closer to having options for playing overseas or back home.

I hope they both stay and flourish but Chase was enthusiastic and involved on the bench last year so who knows?

Yep, I've heard being a Duke basketball player really sucks. I mean, who would want to be a handsome, tall guy where everyone worships you? The food is supposed to be all gourmet and tasty... gross. It turns out the classes really challenge you on interesting topics too. Sounds awful.

I'd rather be at UNC, where Rashad McCants is the standard of excellence.
You’re a b-hole. This is also A) not a very loyal to Duke and B) not finny.

You’re a b-hole. This is also A) not a very loyal to Duke and B) not finny.
Listen here, Dukedenver is one of the all time greats on this board. I don’t care if you’ve been stalking the message board since Coach K was at Army, that’s just uncalled for. Next time this happens, we will strip you of all of your ‘likes’ and you’ll be asked to lighten up.

Reactions: dukephysics
Listen here, Dukedenver is one of the all time greats on this board. I don’t care if you’ve been stalking the message board since Coach K was at Army, that’s just uncalled for. Next time this happens, we will strip you of all of your ‘likes’ and you’ll be asked to lighten up.
This is how i know you’re Not a real duke fan. Denver hasn’t been around that long. That duke denver is full of shit.

Great young guys and so happy they are wearing DUKE unis.

I am a big Jack White fan. Hope he helps "give us a lift" as K would say off the bench this year. He's a chisled young man, not afraid to mix it up, and rebounds well.

OFC

Curious as to why we haven’t seen much of Tucker this year

He is in over his head with the speed right now considering his teammates are mostly NBA ready. He can still bomb threes, but the rest of his game is coming along. He’s be starting many places I’d imagine.

Coach K plays the ones that he feels gives him the best chance the majority of the minutes. Too many guys left for the remaining minutes.
Someone unfortunately will be left out. There will probably be more games where Grayson plays 40 or close to it, and if that's what it takes to win, and a White or Tucker don't play, then fine by me.

Coach K plays the ones that he feels gives him the best chance the majority of the minutes. Too many guys left for the remaining minutes.
Someone unfortunately will be left out. There will probably be more games where Grayson plays 40 or close to it, and if that's what it takes to win, and a White or Tucker don't play, then fine by me.
And there will be plenty of games like tonight where those guys get a lot of minutes bc they’ll be blowouts where we don’t need our starters out there for more than 20min. Like you said, there are already 8-10 guys thus far playing. Only so many min to go around. Plus guys like Javin, Goldwire, AOC, Bolden, are all fighting for their own min. It’s not like they won’t be out there trying to get theirs. Only five spots are locked up on this team.

And there will be plenty of games like tonight where those guys get a lot of minutes bc they’ll be blowouts where we don’t need our starters out there for more than 20min. Like you said, there are already 8-10 guys thus far playing. Only so many min to go around. Plus guys like Javin, Goldwire, AOC, Bolden, are all fighting for their own min. It’s not like they won’t be out there trying to get theirs. Only five spots are locked up on this team.
Limiting starter minutes in a game decided by a more comfortable margin is a given, and perhaps that also applies to a 6th man who normally gets 20-25 min per game. There aren't many games where guys at the end of the rotation and just out of it couldn't do with more PT than usual, though. Maybe Tucker would play in a game like tonight rather than Grayson's playing 40 minutes again, but if it means Alex gets 15 minutes instead of 9, would those 6 extra minutes really be best spent on Tucker?

Limiting starter minutes in a game decided by a more comfortable margin is a given, and perhaps that also applies to a 6th man who normally gets 20-25 min per game. There aren't many games where guys at the end of the rotation and just out of it couldn't do with more PT than usual, though. Maybe Tucker would play in a game like tonight rather than Grayson's playing 40 minutes again, but if it means Alex gets 15 minutes instead of 9, would those 6 extra minutes really be best spent on Tucker?
I think we are saying the same thing. Tucker will clearly get time tonight. But he’s not getting them at the expense of guys like AOC or JG etc.

Reactions: dukephysics
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT