ADVERTISEMENT

Joanne McCallie gone

I really hope the administration doesn't get cheap about a successor. The women's team was once a source of pride at Duke under Goestenkors and I'd like it to return to that level.

I really hope the administration doesn't get cheap about a successor. The women's team was once a source of pride at Duke under Goestenkors and I'd like it to return to that level.

Absolutely. Duke should have kept Gail. By the time she left we were a legitimate rival to UConn. I think we'd beaten them 2 out of 3 when she left.

Reactions: Liftee
bullettoothtony, I believe you may be right. If I remember correctly, I believe that the AD at that time, Alleva, wouldn't pay G what she was probably worth and Texas would. That was sad as Coach G was a complete class act along with being a great coach.

bullettoothtony, I believe you may be right. If I remember correctly, I believe that the AD at that time, Alleva, wouldn't pay G what she was probably worth and Texas would. That was sad as Coach G was a complete class act along with being a great coach.

Alleva had several major blunders. So glad hes no longer here....OFC

Reactions: Liftee
She was gone no matter what Duke offered. She was PO'd about the shabby compensation for her assistants. I have never felt as sick to my stomach from a duke's men's game as I did after the women lost to Rutgers in 07. In bed all weekend. I was hopping mad when they hired McCallie...

Reactions: SDevada
Wow. Get someone who as worked with Brad Stevens. Then, 5 years from now, hire Brad Stevens. I like it!

Reactions: geddoughton23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT