ADVERTISEMENT

Jayson Tatum getting paid! 5 year, $195M

Quavarius

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 12, 2009
Jayson Tatum has agreed to a five-year, $195M extension with the Celtics, source tells ESPN.

Reactions: youngman42
Tatum is legit and is on the cusp of becoming a true superstar.

His offensive play has been impressive since his rookie year, when he poster several very strong games in the playoffs. I think it was Jeff Van Gundy that pointed out with as many teams and games as there are in the NBA, a lot of dudes put up a lot of empty numbers. Jayson Tatum is not one of those dudes.

Tatum is legit and is on the cusp of becoming a true superstar.

His offensive play has been impressive since his rookie year, when he poster several very strong games in the playoffs. I think it was Jeff Van Gundy that pointed out with as many teams and games as there are in the NBA, a lot of dudes put up a lot of empty numbers. Jayson Tatum is not one of those dudes.

How Tatum and Ingram are basically getting paid the same thing per year when Tatum is an all star and a top 10 player I the NBA.

How Tatum and Ingram are basically getting paid the same thing per year when Tatum is an all star and a top 10 player I the NBA.

Ingram was an all-star last season, as well. Also, while I think Tatum is on the brink of superstardom, I don't think he's top 10 yet. Tatum and Ingram both had similar stat lines last season.

I think the difference is Tatum appears to be growing into a player who can be the number one guy on a potential title team. Ingram seems like more of a number 2 on a championship contender. The Pelicans feel like they have their number one so it makes sense they would go ahead and pay Ingram.

Reactions: dukiejay
Not much to say that hasn’t been. Love him as a player. Well deserved. Hate that Boston is losing some key players. I am a Lakers fan but I’d be very happy to see Tatum win an NBA title with Boston.

Reactions: Quavarius
Not much to say that hasn’t been. Love him as a player. Well deserved. Hate that Boston is losing some key players. I am a Lakers fan but I’d be very happy to see Tatum win an NBA title with Boston.

I’m the same way. Longtime Laker fan but I wouldn’t mind seeing Tatum lead Boston to an NBA title (just not against my Lakers, tho).

Reactions: youngman42
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT