ADVERTISEMENT

Jahlil

topps coach

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Lexington sc
DBR has a great article on his status.Mods please delete if posting something about another site is not allowed but that article is not premium content

I read the whole thing. I did not know he had chronic knee swelling. Hopefully his new diet takes care of that. The young man has a lot of game. I don't buy the idea that he is obsolete in today's NBA. If he can put the ball in the hole at a high rate, learn to shoot free throws and run the floor, he is not obsolete. His crappy defense won't even matter.

Reactions: jamsession3
Feel free to post the article if it’s not premium. I read it earlier, but I’m about to board a plane and can’t right now.

I read the whole thing. I did not know he had chronic knee swelling. Hopefully his new diet takes care of that. The young man has a lot of game. I don't buy the idea that he is obsolete in today's NBA. If he can put the ball in the hole at a high rate, learn to shoot free throws and run the floor, he is not obsolete. His crappy defense won't even matter.

He is relevant if he is playing. The kid is a double/double waiting to happen. As long as he can command a double team, play modest D, and hit free throws he is a second option.

He lost the baby fat, so he is running the floor. He does not need to worry about a 3pt shot. Just hit the mid range with consistency.

Reactions: DukeDenver
The kid needs to learn how to play defense and stay healthy. Specifically pick n roll defense. I'm really pulling for him though. Love the kid and think he got bad luck having to go to Phili.

He is relevant if he is playing. The kid is a double/double waiting to happen. As long as he can command a double team, play modest D, and hit free throws he is a second option.

He lost the baby fat, so he is running the floor. He does not need to worry about a 3pt shot. Just hit the mid range with consistency.

Okafor isn’t a good enough rebounder to average a double/double right now. He also has to learn to defend. Right now he’s going down the path of being “just” a serviceable NBA Big who can score and floats from team to team. I hope that doesn’t happen, but that’s what it looks like right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT