ADVERTISEMENT

Ivy League Cancels Season

bleed I agree with christoph. "Wow" is right. The numbers are only going up unfortunately nationally, and with colder weather around the corner it only bodes for things to get worse. The SEC has already cancelled 4 football games this weekend.... OFC

Seriously. Since when has college been about education? What did Cardale say? I didn’t come here to play school, I came here to play football.
The day we reported for summer practice the coach told you are crazy as hell if you think we are paying this much money for you to go to school

Reactions: christophero
bleed I agree with christoph. "Wow" is right. The numbers are only going up unfortunately nationally, and with colder weather around the corner it only bodes for things to get worse. The SEC has already cancelled 4 football games this weekend.... OFC

Wonder if any other conferences will follow suit? There's so much money on the table that I find it hard to believe we will see any of the major conferences call the season without giving it a go first.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'm guessing that the Ivy League decided it could not justify having basketball players on campus and playing when their students are participating remotely. They don't rely on basketball to subsidize their sports programs. I understand that concept but it's a different world from the ACC.

If the ACC were to cancel season what would happen with our freshman
That would be interesting.. I’d think some would sit and wait it out and some may try to get picked up by an overseas team and go to next years NBA draft.. somebody like Jalen Johnson, would probably be better just sitting out the year and not playing anywhere because he would likely be a lottery pick without playing and doesn’t need to risk injury or brining down his stock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT