ADVERTISEMENT

IT'S GAME DAY!!!

I'm pumped to see this team find its identity.

FYI it's already listed on the Watch ESPN app. Hopefully the feed doesn't skip like it does for college football.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
woooo.jpg

FYI it's already listed on the Watch ESPN app. Hopefully the feed doesn't skip like it does for college football.

Most of the time it's so frustratingly bad. Meanwhile, CBS's online stream is fantastic. Get it together, ESPN.

I don't care if they're playing the sisters of the poor, I'm watching!!!

Duke-106
Whoever they are playing- 55

They have two of their top three players returning from a 35-1 D-II championship team. They did lose 3 starters though. Their point guard is only 5'9 but he's almost impossible to contain. He averaged 20ppg, 5apg, and 3.5 rpg with better than a 3:1 Assist:Turnover. They have enough 6'7/8 guys to hold their own. I remember when D-II Drury University was beating Jabari and Hood in Cameron at halftime a few years back, and Drury had lost all of its starters from the year before.

Strange things can happen when the other team has seniors and is very well coached. I don't expect to pull away from them until the second half. This will be a nice reality check for us Duke fans.

They have two of their top three players returning from a 35-1 D-II championship team. They did lose 3 starters though. Their point guard is only 5'9 but he's almost impossible to contain. He averaged 20ppg, 5apg, and 3.5 rpg with better than a 3:1 Assist:Turnover. They have enough 6'7/8 guys to hold their own. I remember when D-II Drury University was beating Jabari and Hood in Cameron at halftime a few years back, and Drury had lost all of its starters from the year before.

Strange things can happen when the other team has seniors and is very well coached. I don't expect to pull away from them until the second half. This will be a nice reality check for us Duke fans.
Good really want to see Duvall against a good guard.Jmo but I think he will have some growing pains on offense I feel like he can be a dominant defensive presence from day one.It will be nice to see us shut down dribble penetration

Reactions: christophero
Good article from NWMoSt.

'[Their coach] McCollum is impressed with the hospitality Northwest has already been shown by Duke. The Bearcats left Maryville Wednesday morning and were practicing inside Cameron later that day.

"They have been classy," McCollum said. "They don't big-time you. Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski gave an interview to our president, Dr. John Jasinki. He got on the phone and said he had 10 minutes before he had to get to practice. He went for 30 minutes. It says a lot about him and the program that they run."

McCollum has the same type of classy program that alums and fans enjoy following. In fact, well over a hundred of them are making the trip to Durham, N.C. to see the Bearcats play Duke. Simply put, Duke is creating lifetime memories for Division II programs every year.'

Ricky-Gervais.gif

How quickly are the games available for replay on the Watch ESPN app? My daughter's birthday party is tonight while the game is on, but I want to watch it later tonight if possible. Is is available that soon after it ends?

Reactions: christophero
How quickly are the games available for replay on the Watch ESPN app? My daughter's birthday party is tonight while the game is on, but I want to watch it later tonight if possible. Is is available that soon after it ends?
If I recall correctly, it takes a few hours after it's over. I say tell your girl that daddy will be there next year, because there is a very important exhibition you must see live. :D

It feel like Christmas morning. I get the feeling we see the real Duval today. :)

If I recall correctly, it takes a few hours after it's over. I say tell your girl that daddy will be there next year, because there is a very important exhibition you must see live. :D

Don't think I didn't consider it!

Finally, a game...exhibition or not it's still a game.

Don't know how long it'll take for this team to gel, but I think we just might have a team that can play a little defense, and rebound...2 things we've had trouble with lately. If that turns out to be true, the rest of Division 1 (or in this case D-II) is in serious trouble.

Go Duke!!!

OFC

We'll look crappy at times tonight, but we'll beat the ever lovin' hell out of them by the time it's over.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Finally get to see them play and not just guess as to how good they are.Go Duke.

topps, good post, and I'm excited to see them play against someone new. They may start a little shaky, but believe me, they are good!! Once they find their timing, we will see glimpses of what is to come this season. Really looking forward to watching a very "deep" team come together!
Go Duke!
OFC

I always remember it being available nearly immediately after.

Reactions: DukeDenver
7pm EST on ACCN or WatchESPN app.
Looks like it is online only. There are local affiliates that carry some ACCN games, but this doesn't appear to be one of them. I know Fox8 is the ACC carrier here in Winston, but baseball is on tonight. Apparently there will be a dedicated ACCN channel in 2019.

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT